Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Memory loss

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Worth Texas
    Posts
    3,900
    Thanks
    2,878
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,088 Posts

    Default Memory loss

    I have posted some dates in haste on kenponet when someone asked me about my lineage. My former instructor Mr. Keith Gorham filled in some of the missing dates for me. I have been accused of missleading the kenpo world and wish everyone to look at that forum concerning this information.
    I have been called a liar and a fraud and informed that no one forgets the dates of their black belt test.

    Here is my lates post to that forum:

    I would like to say this at this time.
    I have been accused of out right lies ok.

    Matter of record: started military service June 1 1980
    Ft Mc Cellean Al
    Date of discharge Aug 4 2004 with rang of E-9
    DOC. DD-214

    Matter of record: Mr. Gorham was my first Kenpo instructor, not my first martial arts instructor. That was Mr. Pat Burleson founder of American karate and if you do the research you will find where he placed in Mr. Parkers first Internationals. His school was located on Hwy 10 in Hurst Texas. I also trained with Richard Morris in Ft Worth as well. When I went to Mr. Gorham I was already an E-5 Sgt when I left him I was an E-6 Staff Sgt promote able and acting E-7 Sgt First Class. He does not know my military history or involvement.
    He stayed with Mr. Mills I didnít. I will not go into the reasons. However Mr. Gorham was part of Mr. Mills family group, I did test in front of him in Las Vegas, so it is safe to say that their names would be on that certificate. Those certificates or lost to me. My Kenpo lineage starts with Mr. Gorham and I am thankful for the training he provided to me.

    Matter of record: I trained and taught at Mr. Rick Fowlers his name is on my Second Black Certificate.

    Matter of record: My Teacher is David Staples in Worcester Ma, and I am under Doreen Cogliandros family group.

    Matter of record: In 2004 I suffered a major heart attack followed by emergency surgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha Nebraska, im sure it is a matter of public record. It left me with some brain damage and memory loss. It has taken a long time to regain parts of my past and to function normally.

    Matter of record: I regurly go to physco therapy to regain my memory. I will be happy to provide the names of those doctors in a private email.

    Matter of record: There is a block of time in my life that I donít remember, as well as dates. I donít remember the date my father died. I donít remember the date my brother died. I donít remember the birthdates of my daughters, or granddaughter. I donít remember my grand daughters name and have to have it written on her picture. I donít remember my wedding date, however my wife who is a MD, Phd helps me daily. All of those dates or more important than the dates I posted in haste.

    Matter of record: I have trained in other arts and hold rank. It isnít important from who are where for it would disclose my military background, which is sealed.

    Here is the response to an email I sent when I first posted a week or so ago.


    > -----Original Message-----
    > From: bill marshall <bbmmdm01@yahoo.com>
    > To:
    > Sent: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:40 pm
    > Subject: Re:



    Brother (),

    I am a Christian Sir and a soldier of the Cross.
    Thank you for your kind words and please feel free
    To call me Brad.
    I often refrain from posting as well, however I feel
    It is time to step forward to present a perspective
    that few see. I have for many years stayed away from the
    politics, and those who present themselves in a manner
    in which I wish not to associate with. The Apostle
    Paul covered this in Corinthians. However there must
    be an alternative for those to seek. So I have chosen to
    become the target, for I wear the full Armor of God.


    I thank you again for your kind words and please donít
    hesitate to contact me.

    Brad Marshall
    XXXXXXXX@aol.com wrote:

    Mr. Marshall:
    I trust that this is the correct email address
    For you.? I got it from the kenponet in one of your
    posts.? I am one who visits the forum regularly
    but chooses not to post.?

    I am not trying to miss represent myself. I am grateful to Mr. Gorham for helping me fill in a part of my past that is cloudy. No matter how painful it was.

    My respects to all and my apology.
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

    trgodbm@yahoo.com

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to MARSHALLS KENPO For This Useful Post:

    jdinca (09-29-2007)

  3. #2
    profesormental is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Caribbean Island
    Posts
    500
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked 567 Times in 272 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    Greetings.

    Worry not. I don't think you owe an explanation to anyone.

    Yet in this little insignificant turmoil you've managed to come out an even better man in my eyes than before.

    Sir, keep up the good fight. Just keep being the Warrior and Doing what you do so well.

    Sincerely,

    Juan M. Mercado

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to profesormental For This Useful Post:

    MARSHALLS KENPO (09-29-2007)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,791
    Thanks
    1,624
    Thanked 3,139 Times in 1,484 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALLS KENPO View Post
    I have been called a liar and a fraud and informed that no one forgets the dates of their black belt test.

    There is a block of time in my life that I donít remember, as well as dates. I donít remember the date my father died. I donít remember the date my brother died. I donít remember the birthdates of my daughters, or granddaughter. I donít remember my grand daughters name and have to have it written on her picture. I donít remember my wedding date, however my wife who is a MD, Phd helps me daily. All of those dates or more important than the dates I posted in haste.
    Geeze, I don't see why anyone would feel the need to make a big stink about any of this.

    I don't remember the date of my black belt test. I was still in high school, I think it was in 1987, but I don't remember exactly when. Probaly May some time. I don't care.

    I remember my older brother's birthday for some strange reason, but not my three younger brothers, nor my parents, nor my parents anniversary, and I have to stop and think for a moment to remember my own wedding anniversary.

    My wife finally posted a list on the refrigerator of everyone's birthday and anniversary so we can remember to send cards in a timely fashion. But I forget to look at the list so we are late more often than not anyway.

    I don't have any of the health issues you have suffered, I guess these are just things that never sunk into my head for some reason that I cannot explain.

    I don't think you owe anyone an apology. Don't let it bug ya.
    Michael


    de gustibus non disputante est.
    Negative Douche Bag Number One

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flying crane For This Useful Post:

    MARSHALLS KENPO (09-29-2007),sifuroy (10-01-2007)

  7. #4
    Hunter's Avatar
    Hunter is offline
    KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wichita KS
    Posts
    709
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 183 Times in 112 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    I think people get way too fired up about this "karate stuff" as my wife puts it.

    It is all man made...we are all only human...and we all put on our pants one leg at a time. People make too much out of crap that won't matter one way or another 10 years down the road.

    I use "karate" as an escape or a developmental tool, not as a synthetic world with too much artificial power.

    Those that know you care a lot about you Mr. Marshall frankly I wouldn't give a damn about others pissing and moaning.
    www.hunterskarate.com

    "I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."

    - From the Lone Ranger's Creed




  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

    MARSHALLS KENPO (09-29-2007)

  9. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    Whatever..... there's many reasons I don't post on KN.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Ė Charles A. Beard

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celtic_Crippler For This Useful Post:

    Brother John (09-29-2007),Mikael151 (09-30-2007)

  11. #6
    RDCParker is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Eastvale (Corona), CA; training out of Los Angeles
    Posts
    699
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 260 Times in 191 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    At 33 years old there are things that even I can't remember. Now I can remember the date I received my first black belt when I was 19, but I can't remember the dates of my kenpo yellow belt or orange belt tests, which were both less than a year ago. And I knew I wouldn't remember the dates, so I have them written down. AND I don't expect that I will remember the exact date, whenever it may be, of my kenpo black belt test either.

    There are birthdays and death dates and other details of life that I don't remember because, well, I just don't remember. It happens to all of us, not because these things are not important, but because life is happening all the time, and no one can be expected to remember every single detail, whether you had a heart attack or not. I think Hunter said it best, "People make too much out of crap that won't matter one way or another 10 years down the road."

    Mr. Marshall, not only are you a person who has a vast knowledge of kenpo to share with the community, but you have also proven yourself to be a person constantly striving to learn and improve. To me that says that you are a humble person who is working to benefit kenpo in the most positive way. You can't remember when you achieved your 1st black? I think the rest of us should be able to get over that.

    So I'll just tell you what we say around my neighborhood... "shake those haters off".

    P.S. and don't give out your doctors' names unless you are recommending their services.
    "Your kung fu's no good..."
    *Warrior, Scholar*

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to RDCParker For This Useful Post:

    MARSHALLS KENPO (09-29-2007)

  13. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Worth Texas
    Posts
    3,900
    Thanks
    2,878
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,088 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    This was posted on Kenponet

    You were deleted. You jumped on the bottom of a post by Mr. Gorham trying to correct some dates that Mr. Marshall getting upset over this revelation. I deleted the string because Mr. Gorham came back and said he was incorrect in his corrections.

    Mr. Gorham made a mistake on dates
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

    trgodbm@yahoo.com

  14. #8
    Alleydog is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    ďPeople make too much out of crap that won't matter one way or another 10 years down the road." Maybe, maybe not.
    Now, memory lose happens and I know this first hand. This maybe the case here and that said the problem is that there is a lot of fraud in the martial arts and especially in kenpo. It has gotten worst every year since Mr. Parker passed away.
    When people are self promoting them selves on forums that they have been doing kenpo x number of years and are x degree black belts
    and presenting material they have taken from someone else as something they have developed on their own and are going around making money teaching seminars with information they donít really understand to those who would not know good kenpo from bad kenpo then that is a problem.

    Iím not going to point the finger but there are a few people posting on this very forum that have in fact misrepresented themselves daily.


    Sorry about the run on!

    Yours in Kenpo,

    Mike Guercio
    AKKI, Westminster, MD
    cckenpo.com

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alleydog For This Useful Post:

    Mikael151 (09-30-2007),Roadrunner (10-01-2007)

  16. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    The bottom line is that there are entirely too many people out there that will take every opportunity to beat their own self-important chest by trying to belittle the accomplishments of others.

    It's unfortunate that these blow-hards seem to be unable to stand up on their own merits alone and find it necessary to build themselves up by tyring to discredit others who they should instead be embracing as brothers.

    All the while they trample on our beloved art with their negative cynicism accomplishing nothing. They waste energy that could be better spent on furthering the art on tyring to further their own personal agendas and egos.

    Makes me sick.

    I don't know Mr. Marshall personally. I've never trained with him (maybe one day). I do know from his posts that he possesses quite a bit of knowledge about kenpo. I also know that other members whose opinions I've come to respect, respect Mr. Marshall and his opinions. That's good enough for me. I don't give a damn what his lineage is or when he got his black belt. In the grand scheme of things it is irrelevent.

    My 0.02
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Ė Charles A. Beard

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Celtic_Crippler For This Useful Post:

    John M. La Tourrette (09-28-2007),MARSHALLS KENPO (09-29-2007),Mikael151 (09-30-2007)

  18. #10
    John Brewer's Avatar
    John Brewer is offline Starting Over
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,942
    Thanks
    1,381
    Thanked 421 Times in 330 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    Thanks for sharing so much about your journey. I for one enjoy not only your knowledge but your integrity.


    Full Salute

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Brewer For This Useful Post:

    John M. La Tourrette (09-28-2007),MARSHALLS KENPO (09-29-2007),sifuroy (10-01-2007)

  20. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Fxxk Them All!

    Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALLS KENPO View Post
    I have posted some dates in haste on kenponet when someone asked me about my lineage. My former instructor Mr. Keith Gorham filled in some of the missing dates for me. I have been accused of missleading the kenpo world and wish everyone to look at that forum concerning this information.
    I have been called a liar and a fraud and informed that no one forgets the dates of their black belt test..
    Consider it a compliment Mr. Marshall.

    Remember that the first two faults of the "fallen angels" were:

    !. Arrogance

    2. Envy

    Those who have those same faults only bitch, complain and find fault with those that they are envious of.

    Fxxk them all.

    Keep on your own path and just ignore the slime trails.

    Dr. John M. La Tourrette

  21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

    Carol (09-28-2007),Dr. Dave in da house (10-01-2007),John Brewer (09-28-2007),MARSHALLS KENPO (09-29-2007),Mikael151 (09-30-2007),sifuroy (10-01-2007)

  22. #12
    Carol's Avatar
    Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    2,007
    Thanks
    1,141
    Thanked 976 Times in 569 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    Mr. Marshall, your selflessness and kind words that you use to interact with many speak so much louder than the snipes and jabs made by the faceless.

    You may have been called some bad names sir, but the people calling you those names do not have the credibility to make them stick. You are a fighter sir, and this situation is only temporary. We'll all get through it.

  23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carol For This Useful Post:

    John Brewer (09-28-2007),John M. La Tourrette (09-28-2007),MARSHALLS KENPO (09-29-2007),Mikael151 (09-30-2007),sifuroy (10-01-2007)

  24. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Alleydog View Post
    ďPeople make too much out of crap that won't matter one way or another 10 years down the road." Maybe, maybe not.
    Now, memory lose happens and I know this first hand. This maybe the case here and that said the problem is that there is a lot of fraud in the martial arts and especially in kenpo. It has gotten worst every year since Mr. Parker passed away.
    When people are self promoting them selves on forums that they have been doing kenpo x number of years and are x degree black belts
    and presenting material they have taken from someone else as something they have developed on their own and are going around making money teaching seminars with information they donít really understand to those who would not know good kenpo from bad kenpo then that is a problem.
    Iím not going to point the finger but there are a few people posting on this very forum that have in fact misrepresented themselves daily.
    Actually Mr. Guercio I found your post interesting because it wasn't about Mr. Marshall and Mr. Marshall's concerns, but about YOUR own private concerns about Kenpo, which you obviously care much about.

    So my first question would be "are you sure of your facts, or do you need more data?"

    Or is it much more important to you to clean your own house and keep you own house in order? Or is it more important to jump on a white horse and proclaim "they are evil because..." to the world?

    Keep up the works that you are doing in Kenpo.

  25. #14
    Kinetic Dragon is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 35 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    Hey Brad,

    you just keep up the good work you are a class act and a great Kenpoist so don't let anybody take that away from your, one of my teachers said to me this the other day:

    "Don't let any persons opinnion about yourself get to you if you do, you are giving away a piece of your soul" I don't believe that is a healthy or a good thing to do.

    I was honored by the things you shared with me about your Kenpo Journey when we met in Oamaha and I don't see any changes in them; I am honored to be your Brother in the art, take care and keep posting,

    Respectfully,
    KINETIC DRAGON
    Frank Soto
    www.kineticas.com

  26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kinetic Dragon For This Useful Post:

    Carol (09-28-2007),John M. La Tourrette (09-28-2007),MARSHALLS KENPO (09-29-2007),Mikael151 (09-30-2007),sifuroy (10-01-2007),sigung86 (09-29-2007)

  27. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinetic Dragon View Post
    "Don't let any persons opinnion about yourself get to you if you do, you are giving away a piece of your soul" I don't believe that is a healthy or a good thing to do.
    I did like this Mr. Soto.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

    Mikael151 (09-30-2007),sifuroy (10-01-2007)

  29. #16
    Kinetic Dragon is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 35 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    Thank your Sr,

    me too, I think It is a good piece of knowledge for anybody who wants it,

    Respectfully,
    KINETIC DRAGON
    Frank Soto
    www.kineticas.com

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Kinetic Dragon For This Useful Post:

    John M. La Tourrette (09-28-2007)

  31. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    My own private Idaho
    Posts
    5,299
    Thanks
    4,907
    Thanked 3,587 Times in 2,193 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    I don't see that you have anything to apologize for.
    Be careful what you say, some may take it the wrong way.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdinca For This Useful Post:

    MARSHALLS KENPO (09-29-2007),Mikael151 (09-30-2007)

  33. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    2,467
    Thanks
    2,019
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 709 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    Here's my take.

    I don't care what your rank is or isn't. I know the value of rank, and it's valuable, but it's not what most make it out to be.

    I don't care what the dates of your tests were or weren't. Seventeen years vs. 24, okay....either way you slice it, you've been working at Kenpo for a decent amount of time. I like your insights, wether it took you decades or months to get them. (Like myself, I think that a good deal of your insights were probably from having the good judgement and blessing of getting to listen too and learn from GOOD instructors)

    Hope that doesn't sound rude, (that I 'don't care') it's not meant to be.

    I care that you're honest. If you were dishonest....it seems to me that you'd not come here where you are MUCH more active and known than over on kn, and point out that your former instructor (of whom you've always spoken highly to me and others) publically called you on the carpet about somethings over there....and invite us to check into it. You'd also not take the time to correct them, which you did.

    Once I know that you're honest, I just like your perspective and point of view on Kenpo. I may not agree with everything you say, but that's Okay. If I did, then my own way of thinking wouldn't be challenged. I don't enjoy reading your thoughts on Kenpo because of your rank, your lineage or your time in the art. Those things are little more than a sign-post in front of a city to me.....an "indication"...but not the thing itself.

    I REALLY like Mr. Gorham. He was the first AKKI instructor that I ever listened too! His was the first Kenpo seminar I'd ever been too outside of Mr. Parker's that I was blessed to be able to attend. My own instructor used to fly down to Tx as often as possible to work out with Mr. Gorham and to chat it up with him. He seemed to be like a brother to him. (they both had the same instructor) He spoke of Mr. Gorham with a great deal of respect and admiration. So what he (Mr. Gorham) says perks my ears up and gets me listening. He was very cordial to you and seemed to simply be setting a few details straight...; that's all.

    But I have enjoyed reading your posts and replies here on our Kenpo forums because of what YOU bring to conversations! Not because I have such respect for your instructor. His having corrected you doesn't change that. Accepting correction is the duty of all students, and we're all students....from the top down.

    I read your posts because I Really enjoy your questions and evaluations on Kenpo; what it is and how it works. I read your posts becuase of the care that it seems you take in approaching your art, and I appreciate that. I like how you challenge the normal or average way of thinking and seeing Kenpo and it's practice.

    So go on being honest...
    and go on being yourself.

    Being proud of the past is great! It's an honor. But it's yesterdays food, not today's.... know what I mean? You can't live today on what you ate yesterday.
    Being greatful toward and respectful of our instructors is (I think we both fully agree) a must.
    ....but it's simply being who you ARE day by day that shows us who and what you are, and is the best indication of honor.

    Long Story Short ((too late))
    You had some things wrong
    your instructor corrected you...
    You corrected them and made sure you did it across the board...
    ...so I think you handled it right.

    Your Brother
    John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ((if you use "FaceBook", look me up there by name))
    "Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven't planted"
    ~ David Bly

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brother John For This Useful Post:

    John M. La Tourrette (09-29-2007),MARSHALLS KENPO (09-29-2007),sifuroy (10-01-2007)

  35. #19
    Alleydog is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    Quote Originally Posted by John M. La Tourrette View Post
    Actually Mr. Guercio I found your post interesting because it wasn't about Mr. Marshall and Mr. Marshall's concerns, but about YOUR own private concerns about Kenpo, which you obviously care much about.

    So my first question would be "are you sure of your facts, or do you need more data?"

    Or is it much more important to you to clean your own house and keep you own house in order? Or is it more important to jump on a white horse and proclaim "they are evil because..." to the world?

    Keep up the works that you are doing in Kenpo.
    Mr. La Tourrette,

    Yes Iím a selfish SOB but my point was not to turn the thread from Mr. Marshallís concerns to my own. I was referring to the statement ďPeople make too much out of crap that won't matter one way or another 10 years down the road."
    I believe it does matter, especially when beginners are coming to forums like this one for information and to learn about kenpo.
    1st Black Belt
    I hold that my time and my skills are the assets of my profession, assets which grow in value as I progress in the art until as a Third Degree Black Belt, I stand as a fully qualified instructor. It shall also be my responsibility to protect any student from ravenous individuals who would try to take advantage of personal weaknesses to divest the gullible into unprofitable paths, to preserve the sacred things, god, family, country and association, I pledge my all.
    Yours in Kenpo,

    Mike Guercio
    AKKI, Westminster, MD
    cckenpo.com

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alleydog For This Useful Post:

    John M. La Tourrette (09-29-2007),Mikael151 (09-30-2007),sifuroy (10-01-2007)

  37. #20
    Hunter's Avatar
    Hunter is offline
    KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wichita KS
    Posts
    709
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 183 Times in 112 Posts

    Default Re: Memory loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Alleydog View Post
    Mr. La Tourrette,

    Yes Iím a selfish SOB but my point was not to turn the thread from Mr. Marshallís concerns to my own. I was referring to the statement ďPeople make too much out of crap that won't matter one way or another 10 years down the road."
    I believe it does matter, especially when beginners are coming to forums like this one for information and to learn about kenpo.
    1st Black Belt
    I hold that my time and my skills are the assets of my profession, assets which grow in value as I progress in the art until as a Third Degree Black Belt, I stand as a fully qualified instructor. It shall also be my responsibility to protect any student from ravenous individuals who would try to take advantage of personal weaknesses to divest the gullible into unprofitable paths, to preserve the sacred things, god, family, country and association, I pledge my all.
    Yours in Kenpo,

    Mike Guercio
    AKKI, Westminster, MD
    cckenpo.com
    I am sorry that my statement bothered you, it is really more of a "life statement" as opposed to what you are saying about kenpo. I know and do my best to follow the pledge, I am sure everyone else does.

    But the fact that this argument was started really illustrates me point.

    How does all of this apply to Mr. Marshall? How will this all matter in 10 years?
    www.hunterskarate.com

    "I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."

    - From the Lone Ranger's Creed




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ECKS London Camp - Favorite Memory
    By Rob Broad in forum Steve Arsenault's Eastcoast Kenpo Systems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 03:11 PM
  2. Hicks Law???
    By Christina05 in forum Kenpo General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 06:18 PM
  3. Terminology
    By Rob Broad in forum Terminology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 04:46 PM
  4. Mrs. Parker - a great loss!
    By Badboyzz36 in forum Kenpo News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 07:46 PM
  5. Weight loss program
    By gimpat01 in forum Humor
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 04:34 AM