Thread: Chuck Norris in eastern Ohio?

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Default Chuck Norris in eastern Ohio?

I was in a hospital waiting room out in eastern Ohio today. I looked in the yellow pages under Martial Arts - I do that. One instructor claimed to have been trained by Chuck Norris and the other advertised he had been tested by him. Other that movies and the TV show I don't know much about him. Did he live in eastern Ohio? Thanks!
    Hands on Healer

"If you can not be King be a healer."

"The hands of the King are the hands of a healer"

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

If I were Chuck Norris I would never live in the state of ohio.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Chuck Norris in eastern Ohio?

Now thats just too sad.

Where do you you live again?
    Hands on Healer

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jfarnsworth View Post
    I'm sure that was a bit tonuge in cheek. But sicne I have lived in Ohio all of my life I found it more than a bit offensive.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 612 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jones View Post
    I'm sure that was a bit tonuge in cheek. But sicne I have lived in Ohio all of my life I found it more than a bit offensive.
    Since the individual who made the statement lives in Ohio, it might be best to smile a bit. I was raised in California and am the worst about making jokes about it. One of the first signs of maturity is not to take yourself too seriously. Lighten up.

Bill Parsons
    Triangle Kenpo Institute
    www.trianglekenpo.com

"I know Kenpo!" "Cool... do you know how to use it?"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bdparsons For This Useful Post:

John M. La Tourrette (09-06-2007),sifuroy (09-06-2007)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Eastvale (Corona), CA; training out of Los Angeles
    Thanks

I've been to Cleveland recently... more specifically the Westlake area. Very wide open, very green (compared to Los Angeles). I'll be going back there the last week in October.

Anyway, not to continue to keep this thread , it is possible that perhaps these instructors spent time in Dallas (where Wikipedia says that Chuck lives now; see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Norris ). Also, Chuck has travelled all over the place, so it's possible that he may have spent some time in Ohio.

Were these instructors teaching tang soo do, or Chuck's new art chun kuk do?
    "Your kung fu's no good..."
    *Warrior, Scholar*

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by domino3700 View Post
    I've been to Cleveland recently... more specifically the Westlake area. Very wide open, very green (compared to Los Angeles). I'll be going back there the last week in October.

Anyway, not to continue to keep this thread , it is possible that perhaps these instructors spent time in Dallas (where Wikipedia says that Chuck lives now; see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Norris ). Also, Chuck has travelled all over the place, so it's possible that he may have spent some time in Ohio.

I do not recall that the advertisements mentioned a style. My impression was that they were using his name for recognition. That is not necessarily a bad thing. It just is.
    Hands on Healer

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Finn View Post
    I do not recall that the advertisements mentioned a style. My impression was that they were using his name for recognition. That is not necessarily a bad thing. It just is.
    It could be that this person traiend or was tested at one of Chuck Norris annual training camps for his system (or at least they used to have these. Maybe they don't any more). That might be his qualification for having been trained by Norris. Or maybe he did train under him at one time or another. I would think it would have had to have been along time ago

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

There's a guy here that claims to be the father of Tae-kwon-Do in his yellow pages ad. No kidding. Granted, he is Korean and he is kinda' old, but I don't think he's that old. LOL. It's laughable the claims some people make.

BTW, Ohio only exists because Chuck Norris let's it.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Finn View Post
    Where do you you live again?
    I live 60 miles north of columbus.

What I was trying to say in the least amount of words.... If I were chuck norris, doing all of the movies, infomercials, tv shows, appearances & what not. I would suspect that most of his stuff is done on the west coast. Why would the guy want to live in a state to where it gets -10 + for 3 -4 months out of the year? It's cold here, dark here. My area was hit bad with flooding a few weeks ago. Quite a few of the people are still trying to recover from this. We have tornados, flooding, blizzards, droughts. I got caught last year in a very nasty thunderstorm that I wouldn't want to go through again.

My point is, if I were him. I'd rather be where it's nice, warm, comfortable & easy to get to where I needed to be easily.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domino3700 View Post

The last I knew he had a ranch in Plano Tx
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

Thanks

How do you know when Chuck Norris is in Ohio? The snow melts and the sun shines!

Seriously though, Chuck Norris has family in San Manuel, Arizona and visits the local bar there on occassion.
    There is nothing so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.
    Unquestionably man has his will - but woman has her way! - Bruce Lee

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

What I was trying to say in the least amount of words.... If I were chuck norris, doing all of the movies, infomercials, tv shows, appearances & what not. I would suspect that most of his stuff is done on the west coast. Why would the guy want to live in a state to where it gets -10 + for 3 -4 months out of the year? It's cold here, dark here. My area was hit bad with flooding a few weeks ago. Quite a few of the people are still trying to recover from this. We have tornados, flooding, blizzards, droughts. I got caught last year in a very nasty thunderstorm that I wouldn't want to go through again.

My point is, if I were him. I'd rather be where it's nice, warm, comfortable & easy to get to where I needed to be easily.
    Jason, admit it. Chuck used to live here but after the two of you sparred Chuck moved away to the west, He didn't like the competition.

Jeff

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

OK I gotcha. Sorry about the miss read. The flooding was bad. We live outsid of Findlay and I think we were the only town that didn't get flooded. And you didn't even mention the huge mosquito infestation. Where is Chuck when we need him?

Brian Jones

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpodoc View Post
    Jason, admit it. Chuck used to live here but after the two of you sparred Chuck moved away to the west, He didn't like the competition.

Jeff
    ha ha ha

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links