View Poll Results: UFC66 Liddell vs Ortiz?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liddell

17 73.91%
  • Ortiz

6 26.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC 66: Liddell or Ortiz?

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default UFC 66: Liddell or Ortiz?

UFC66: Liddell or Ortiz? Who's going to win? What round & Why?

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: UFC 66: Liddell or Ortiz?

Personally I'm taking Liddell. His standup is superior to Ortiz. His knockout power is unmatched. His only concern will be Titos conditioning and ground game. Liddell needs to stay off the mat and not let the fight go into the late rounds where Titos conditioning will start having a major impact. Liddell KO's Tito in 2nd round.

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

I'm taking Liddell. I like his striking. I like Ortiz, and his corner candy (Jenna Jameson), but his arrogance just rubs me the wrong way at times.
    "Fear is the true opiate of combat."

John Brewer is offline Starting Over
    Thanks

Liddell in the second by knockout. Tito looks good but I gotta go with the striker.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronin6 View Post
    I'm taking Liddell. I like his striking. I like Ortiz, and his corner candy (Jenna Jameson), but his arrogance just rubs me the wrong way at times.
    Ditto on the arrogance, I'd love to see Chuck knock him out early! If Tito can get Chuck to the ground it could go to him

Jenna who?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

I never get tired of seeing Tito get knocked out. His ego will force him to try and stand and strike with Chuck...and that's where Chuck is strong.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Talking Re: UFC 66: Liddell or Ortiz?

Ortiz for me Ortiz in 3 TKO
    "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else, YOU are the one who gets burned."
    Buddha.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SPK,Grasshopper View Post
    So you think Ortiz is going to get Chuck down on the mat and pound him so bad that the ref stops the fight? Kinda like a Shamrock sequel?

Thanks

My prediction is Chuck, but only by a decision. I think Ortiz' defense will surprise us and he will keep the fight interesting.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    (Phillipians 4:13)

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seabrook View Post
    My prediction is Chuck, but only by a decision. I think Ortiz' defense will surprise us and he will keep the fight interesting.
    I have a feeling that you are correct in Ortiz keeping it interesting...
    "Fear is the true opiate of combat."

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    At home, playing chess with a bust of Julius Caesar
    Thanks

I don't like Tito's chances of beating Chuck. In the last 4 years, Tito has gotten smeared when he's fought top competition (Couture and Liddell), whereas during that time Chuck fought mostly top competition and with two additional fights has the same number of losses. Tito is a very skilled fighter with a lot of experience, but in my opinion, he's never been of the same caliber as the recent Light Heavyweight champions. Since his legend started growing in '02, his wins have consisted of three TKOs against the same guy who should've already retired (Shamrock), a couple of controversial decisions (Belfort and Griffin), and a sloppy boring decision against a guy from The Ultimate Fighter season 4 (Cote). I don't think that beating Forrest Griffin and Ken Shamrock should even put him in title contention since neither of those two fighters were contenders. I'd like to see him fight Sobral before Liddell, but then that would be putting the Pay Per View buy rates for Liddell vs. Ortiz II in jeopardy.

Tito appears to be a good trainer and the image he puts on in front of the cameras makes him a good heel, but I think he's going to get a career setback against Liddell. Whatever happens, I just hope there's no eye-gouging or other simliar issue like in their first fight.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seabrook View Post
    Tito did show surprisingly good defense against Liddell in their first fight. I'm guessing Liddell will win by KO in the early rounds, but it won't surprise me too much if it lasts longer.

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

My prediction is Chuck,
    Yours Truly
    Kenpo0324

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    Tito appears to be a good trainer and the image he puts on in front of the cameras makes him a good heel, but I think he's going to get a career setback against Liddell. Whatever happens, I just hope there's no eye-gouging or other simliar issue like in their first fight.
    Well, eye-gouging is eye-gouging. I saw Tito complaining like a little girl that Chuck hit him with a thumb in the eye, well guess what? It's called a style, and its martial arts. HE should not be complaining about it on the previews because full contact is full contact whether its eye gouging, biting (illegal on UFC), groin shot (illegal on ufc also). I wonder how "Tito" would do in a real life situation trying to submission a kenpoist and gets his arms bitten to pieces and loses the fight. "He bit me!" :P

I'd put money on Chuck, but only because hes tougher and more conditioned in striking. I personally dont like any of them but Chuck would rock Tito anyday.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warren044 View Post
    Well, eye-gouging is eye-gouging. I saw Tito complaining like a little girl that Chuck hit him with a thumb in the eye, well guess what? It's called a style, and its martial arts. HE should not be complaining about it on the previews because full contact is full contact whether its eye gouging, biting (illegal on UFC), groin shot (illegal on ufc also). I wonder how "Tito" would do in a real life situation trying to submission a kenpoist and gets his arms bitten to pieces and loses the fight. "He bit me!" :P

I'd put money on Chuck, but only because hes tougher and more conditioned in striking. I personally dont like any of them but Chuck would rock Tito anyday.
    What I don't want to see is a lot a lot of controversy about an illegal this or that after the match. Hopefully it's a clean cut outcome that can't be disputed.

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

I'm guessing Liddell wins late in the second round by pounding Tito so much Big John jumps in to stop it. It will probably be the result of Tito thinking he's getting the better of Liddell with a couple of good shots and then Liddell will get in a real good shot followed by a some beat down while Tito's still stunned.

Or maybe that's just the way I'm hoping it will go. I never have liked Tito that much.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Unless Tito has learned some humility, which I doubt, I think he will try to stand and trade blows with Chuck. I think he'll be out to prove he can strike just as good as Chuck and will pay the price.....loosing some teeth in the process. LOL.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SPK,Grasshopper View Post
    I agree with you on this. Tito trains like no tomorrow. His conditioning will be top notch. He does have to get him to the ground to win though.
    Loyal student of Sifu DangeRuss
    Sam Pai Kenpo

"Jeet Kune Do: it's just a name; don't fuss over it. There's no such thing as a style if you understand the roots of combat." -Bruce Lee

Thanks

I used to hate Tito ... until I saw him on the Ultimate Fighter TV show and saw his care and passion for his team.

He is an excellent coach and athelete.

I think its going to be Tito by submission round 2.

Don't get my wrong Chuck is no pushover but Tito knows that too and if he puts his ego aside he will win back the championship.

Hey, he wins either way. Look who he goes home with. LOL.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katsudo_karate View Post
    I used to hate Tito ... until I saw him on the Ultimate Fighter TV show and saw his care and passion for his team.

He is an excellent coach and athelete.
    I agree with this. His performance was commendable and I was somewhat disapointed with Shamrocks coaching. However after their last fight he was the same old Tito showing no respect in the ring to Shamrock and Shamrock showed he was a better man by holding Titos hand up high to the crowd. Although Tito apparently realized the error of his ways and was apologetic. I doubt he will put on a "I retired Chuck" shirt after the fight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links