Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Ultimate Fight Night

  1. #1
    John Brewer's Avatar
    John Brewer is offline Starting Over
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,942
    Thanks
    1,381
    Thanked 421 Times in 330 Posts

    Default Ultimate Fight Night

    Hey did anyone catch the UFC free live fights at Miramar last night? I saw the first couple but missed the main fight Diego Sanchez vs Joe Riggs.

  2. #2
    execkenpo is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    601
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 103 Times in 69 Posts

    Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    I saw them last night. The Diego fight was great, he totally dominated in the first round. I thought he was going to get knocked out in the second when he took a good shot to the head, but Diego is one tough guy. He took Riggs down and totally destroyed him, winning in about 1 1/2 min. in hte second.

  3. #3
    John Brewer's Avatar
    John Brewer is offline Starting Over
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,942
    Thanks
    1,381
    Thanked 421 Times in 330 Posts

    Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    Quote Originally Posted by execkenpo View Post
    I saw them last night. The Diego fight was great, he totally dominated in the first round. I thought he was going to get knocked out in the second when he took a good shot to the head, but Diego is one tough guy. He took Riggs down and totally destroyed him, winning in about 1 1/2 min. in hte second.
    Thanks for the update I can't believe I missed it. What did you think of the Irish Hand Grenade? He definitely improved his groung game, but it seemed he should have taken advantage of his stand up more, especially when he had Shone hurt.

  4. #4
    execkenpo is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    601
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 103 Times in 69 Posts

    Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    Quote Originally Posted by crane557 View Post
    Thanks for the update I can't believe I missed it. What did you think of the Irish Hand Grenade? He definitely improved his groung game, but it seemed he should have taken advantage of his stand up more, especially when he had Shone hurt.
    I totally agree. I thinkhe could have won the fight in the first round if he had capitalized onhis advantages. He is a good fighter but didn't appear to bemuch of a finisher.

  5. #5
    Roadrunner is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 47 Times in 34 Posts

    Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    Quote Originally Posted by execkenpo View Post
    I saw them last night. The Diego fight was great, he totally dominated in the first round. I thought he was going to get knocked out in the second when he took a good shot to the head, but Diego is one tough guy. He took Riggs down and totally destroyed him, winning in about 1 1/2 min. in hte second.
    Ummmm, Diego knocked Riggs out in the 1st round @ 1:45. He hit him with a right hook that dropped him, kneed him in the face when he tried to get back up, then pounded his face when he was down.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

    Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    ... kneed him in the face when he tried to get back up......
    I thought that was illegal in the UFC.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

  7. #7
    Roadrunner is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 47 Times in 34 Posts

    Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler View Post
    I thought that was illegal in the UFC.
    Well as he was getting up, Riggs saw Sanchez coming and started to shoot and ran face first into the knee.

  8. #8
    SifuDangeRuss is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Soggy Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    602
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 152 Times in 78 Posts

    Thumbs up Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    Yea fer Diego...(as he's a good Kenpo Boy)

    But more importantly? Did anyone hear that the UFC signed Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson and Mirko 'Crocop' Filopovic? (Actually they bought out the entirety of the WFA, and rumour has it that came with at least 30 fighter contracts, including potentially Bas Ruttan) So the game is afoot and it just got a whole lot more interesting.

    I suspect Timmeh Silva just filled his pants. Yet another UFC title will be changing hands in the immediate future.

    Rampage vs Chuck 2 is also a much aniticipated fight. Although Rampage seems to be on the downslide an dLiddell on the rise, but last fight he pretty much owned Chuckie.
    NEW and IMPROVED Non-Chunky Version!

    [SIGPIC]http://www.angelfire.com/wa/dangerusskenpo[/SIGPIC]

    I only know enough, to understand how much I don't know

    http://www.angelfire.com/wa/dangerusskenpo

  9. #9
    John Brewer's Avatar
    John Brewer is offline Starting Over
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,942
    Thanks
    1,381
    Thanked 421 Times in 330 Posts

    Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    Quote Originally Posted by SifuDangeRuss View Post
    Yea fer Diego...(as he's a good Kenpo Boy)

    But more importantly? Did anyone hear that the UFC signed Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson and Mirko 'Crocop' Filopovic? (Actually they bought out the entirety of the WFA, and rumour has it that came with at least 30 fighter contracts, including potentially Bas Ruttan) So the game is afoot and it just got a whole lot more interesting.

    I suspect Timmeh Silva just filled his pants. Yet another UFC title will be changing hands in the immediate future.

    Rampage vs Chuck 2 is also a much aniticipated fight. Although Rampage seems to be on the downslide an dLiddell on the rise, but last fight he pretty much owned Chuckie.
    Nice can't wait to see the new blood!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

    Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    Are they going to continue the WFA? I kinda liked the team aspect.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

  11. #11
    John Brewer's Avatar
    John Brewer is offline Starting Over
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,942
    Thanks
    1,381
    Thanked 421 Times in 330 Posts

    Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler View Post
    Are they going to continue the WFA? I kinda liked the team aspect.
    Was the WFA a team sport? I know the World Combat League has it?

  12. #12
    execkenpo is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    601
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 103 Times in 69 Posts

    Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    Ooops, got my fights mixed up,,,thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Ummmm, Diego knocked Riggs out in the 1st round @ 1:45. He hit him with a right hook that dropped him, kneed him in the face when he tried to get back up, then pounded his face when he was down.

  13. #13
    gixxershane's Avatar
    gixxershane is offline
    KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Providence Plantation
    Posts
    777
    Thanks
    261
    Thanked 180 Times in 147 Posts

    Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    darn, i missed it
    "The sacraed rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself, and can never be erased.""

    Alexander Hamilton
    The Farmer Refuted (1775)

  14. #14
    John Brewer's Avatar
    John Brewer is offline Starting Over
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,942
    Thanks
    1,381
    Thanked 421 Times in 330 Posts

    Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    Quote Originally Posted by gixxershane View Post
    darn, i missed it
    I'm sure they'll replay it soon, too bad you know who won though. Sorry

  15. #15
    Sentinel is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    At home, playing chess with a bust of Julius Caesar
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 97 Times in 46 Posts

    Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler View Post
    Are they going to continue the WFA? I kinda liked the team aspect.
    That's the IFL, which is doing okay as far as I've heard. There's a rumor that Spike TV was considering a deal with the IFL in case the UFC wants to go to another network. The UFC is rumored to be in deals with HBO to show UFC cards that would otherwise be on Pay-Per-View.

  16. #16
    gardawamtu's Avatar
    gardawamtu is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tucker, GA
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    By the way, CC -- the IFL will be in Gwinnett County in February.
    "Let the wookie win."

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

    Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    Quote Originally Posted by gardawamtu View Post
    By the way, CC -- the IFL will be in Gwinnett County in February.
    Cool! Thanks for the heads up. Do you know where I can find additional info on it?
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

  18. #18
    PapaCharlie is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Ummmm, Diego knocked Riggs out in the 1st round @ 1:45. He hit him with a right hook that dropped him, kneed him in the face when he tried to get back up, then pounded his face when he was down.
    lol I was thinking maybe I watched wrong fight

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Some of my performances during THE GAME OF FIGHT tournament in Holland!!!
    By Richard Baarspul in forum Members in Motion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 10:01 AM
  2. Girls Night Out
    By Rob Broad in forum Humor
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-21-2006, 03:27 PM
  3. want to fight for in a mma tourney!
    By rev.jc in forum Meet & Greet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 09:16 PM
  4. im so sore form class last night
    By gixxershane in forum Kenpo General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-19-2006, 04:29 PM