View Poll Results: Will a groin strike immediately incapcitate an attacker?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definately, no man can withstand a strike there

5 11.36%
  • Nope. That is a popular misconception.

33 75.00%
  • Not sure.

6 13.64%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Groin Strikes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Default Groin Strikes

Do you believe that a groin strike will immediately incapcitate an attacker?
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Talking Re: Groin Strikes

no man can withstand a strike from me there..LOL
    "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else, YOU are the one who gets burned."
    Buddha.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Default Re: Groin Strikes

Well first define incapacitate for a spit second or well maybe even a few seconds immediately after a strike to that area. Could I still pull the trigger of a weapon; can I still make a thrusting attack with a knife? Even if it was just one motion to stab.

So going by what I think you mean by incapacitate then I would have to say no. That strike alone would not completely stop any male attacker dead in his tracks. But yes it would definitely help my odds of winning a fight with that person if I got a good strike to that region.

Just my .2
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Smile Re: Groin Strikes

Hemi... Do you like the UFC if so did you see the Hughes St. Pierre fight? St. Pierre kicked Hughes in the leg and his toe hit he's groin and Hughes stopped and hit the mat. And if a man can brake rock with his hand Why can you stop me if you hit me in the groin?
    "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else, YOU are the one who gets burned."
    Buddha.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

John Brewer is offline Starting Over
    Thanks

Just like Hemi said it depends on what you mean by incapacitate. Also some guys can take a shot there.

Thanks

incapacitate: -verb- to deprive of ability, qualification, or strength; make incapable or unfit; disable.

Believe it or not, and many police reports will back this up (any LE folks feel free to chime in) many rapist are often found AFTER the rape occurs suffering the affects of a groin strike.

In the "heat of battle" adrenaline and endorphines often delay the reaction of the shock of taking a blow to the groin giving the attacker time to get in another shot, pull the trigger of the gun, stab with the knife....whatever. That's not saying that a good shot to the groin couldn't immediately incapacitate an attacker, it's just not 100%.

A more viable target that will render the desired result more often is.......anyone?
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Throat or Eyes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler View Post
    incapacitate: -verb- to deprive of ability, qualification, or strength; make incapable or unfit; disable.

Believe it or not, and many police reports will back this up (any LE folks feel free to chime in) many rapist are often found AFTER the rape occurs suffering the affects of a groin strike.

In the "heat of battle" adrenaline and endorphines often delay the reaction of the shock of taking a blow to the groin giving the attacker time to get in another shot, pull the trigger of the gun, stab with the knife....whatever. That's not saying that a good shot to the groin couldn't immediately incapacitate an attacker, it's just not 100%.

A more viable target that will render the desired result more often is.......anyone?
    I would have to say nose. Pretty much takes the fight out of the dog instantly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hemi View Post
    I would have to say nose. Pretty much takes the fight out of the dog instantly.
    I thought of the nose too but recalled a situation where it didn't help me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crane557 View Post
    I thought of the nose too but recalled a situation where it didn't help me.
    Yeah like the groin some people seem to be able to brush off a shot taken. Me I am going to be vulnerable for a short time after taking a hard blow to either. I bent the steering wheel over almost to the dashboard of my car once with my face. (I hit a tree) I was in no shape to fight after that LOL.

Thanks

Throat! ding-ding-ding! Give that man a kupie doll!

But why?

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

I would mostly agree that groins stikes could stop or at least slow down an average assault.

But , however you have to filter in pain tolerances and some guys could be into the Iron egg MA.

A trained martial artist should be well aware on how to protect their groins, so that a factor also. Some people could have had surgery and had the boys removed. could be a factor

so general speaking I dont think its a bad idea for an ideal target, just dont stop there... escape, follow up or defend.

I know groin stikes puts me down. even with a cup!!!
    Like Mr Broad said in a post a while ago about the purple triangle club.
    I'm a member, wish I wasnt..lol I did however learn some important lessons that night

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler View Post
    Throat! ding-ding-ding! Give that man a kupie doll!

But why?

A shot to the throat, depending on what part you hit, will cause the throat to close, depriving its owner of air. No air = no fight.

A knee shot will stop someone too because if you can't stand, it's hard to fight.

As for the groin shot, it depends on how it's given. Toes up, directly behind the family jewels, with a slight pull back will cause all sorts of pain. But a more blunt shot might not. And if the person is on drugs or serious adreneline, then it might not either.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Thanks

No guy can withstand that kind of strike unless they have taken drugs. Than "you are up ships creek without a paddle."
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

Thanks

If he knows it's coming...certain things are missing in action so to speak, and it doesn't hurt enough to quit the fight. It's the little brush strokes or slow tiny kicks to the groin that double them up. (All that coming from a girl, I know) But, my instructor wanted to me to be aware that it's not going to stop an attacker sometimes. He stood there and had me kick him and it never had affect on him. Then he taught another male classmate to do the same, and got the same result. May not always be true, just my experiance as limited as it may be.
    There is nothing so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.
    Unquestionably man has his will - but woman has her way! - Bruce Lee

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parkerkarate View Post
    No guy can withstand that kind of strike unless they have taken drugs. Than "you are up ships creek without a paddle."
    Block
    Chop
    Poke
    Groin
    Chop
    Chop
    Claw
    E l b o w S a n d w i c h
    Take down
    Stomp
    Stomp
    Cross Out

hmmm, guess that's why we win by attrition.
    Loyal student of Sifu DangeRuss
    Sam Pai Kenpo

"Jeet Kune Do: it's just a name; don't fuss over it. There's no such thing as a style if you understand the roots of combat." -Bruce Lee

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Talking Re: Groin Strikes

we win by attrition Ok how is this and where is my Chris? Know that sounds like Kenpo to me . But read the question what do you think?
    Buddha.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Well, had to say no. On many people it would (like me ), but on a real bad guy with a big adrenaline/meth rush, you might have problems depending on it. The best target for a quick drop is, as has been mentioned, the throat. That's just a vital point, and it's fairly open on anybody. That's not to say the groin's not a great target...just don't depend absolutely on that one strike -- always follow up!

"He who hesitates...meditates in the horizontal position!"
    - Mr. Edmund K. Parker Sr.

You should follow me on twitter here.

Thanks

There should be an option for "it depends on the situation" since that is the correct answer. I'll give a few examples of what I mean by "situation":

(a) was the groin kicked straight on or did you catch the opponent up underneath?

(b) how hard was the kick?

(c) what type of kick was used?

(d) was the opponent moving when he was kicked? If yes, did he move directly into the kick or was he moving away or off angle?

(e) how much travel was there before the foot made contact with the groin?
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    (Phillipians 4:13)

Thanks

There are many great targets including the groin, but you can always count on the throat. Even if they don't immediately feel any pain, trauma to the throat will cause swelling at the very least. When the throat swells it inhibits their ability to breathe and no matter how "cracked up" the attacker may be, if they can't breathe they aren't going to be able to continue an attack.

Pain is a great control method, but if you want to be as efficient as possible you should consider the anatomical and/or physiological effects of your maneuvers on an attacker as well. For instance, a sure fire way to make sure an attacker doesn't use an arm to attack you with again is by breaking the collar bone. It really doesn't take a whole lot of strength to break one. Pain is irrelevent; it's basic A&P. If the collar bone is broken they simply can not use that arm.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links