Thread: Back in town

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Back in town

Hello Everyone,
    i have been away for a little bit,
    Had some fights,...had some bad results,
    and i am back in training, but my body has been through hell, I am only 29 but the rigors of training and taking some hard hits is having it's effect. So i need some advice, I am contemplating doing one more fight, and then just train but not entering the ring anymore. Somehow i thinks its not right to do all the training without fighting but i've had 3 concussions and i think its time to stop full contact fighting. I love the sport and training so i will do that, and perhaps become a coach at the gym i train at. My instructor thinks i have a few more left in me but i don't know. Any suggestions, Aside from that Hows the forum doing?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Default Re: Back in town

Welcome back! Sorry things are going as you like competition-wise. You really should take care of your head though. You don't want to end up like Mohammed Ali! There are other aspects of the arts besides sport that you can find joy in. I say go ahead and become a coach. That way you can pass on your knowledge and experience to others. There's a lot of gratification in seeing your students succeed.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Your health should be first and foremost. You might want to consult your physician before entering the ring again, no matter what yor coach says.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

If I had your injuries I would want to be living where you are. Some of the best help is in your own back yard. Look in the phone book for a Chiropractor named Carolyn McMakin. She uses a therapy called frequency specific microcurrent to treat concussion. You would find great help for your other injuries as well. It would probably help your Kenpo too!
    Hands on Healer

"If you can not be King be a healer."

"The hands of the King are the hands of a healer"

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice, I am going to speak with my physician, i talked to my instructor yesterday and he said that he says i have a few more fights left in me, as long as i am cleared by a physician, so i was glad to see that he is making sure i get evaluated first. I mean i did by the ringside doc. Anyway still training and looking for a Kenpo school up here, i figure i could help coach, and focus on Kenpo too, who knows I would probably need to try to remember techniques and forms before i go anywhere lol...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links