Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LTKKA Cancelled

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Default LTKKA Cancelled

I heard from my instructor that Larry Tatum cancelled the seminar in Las Vegas, You may want to verify that...

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: LTKKA Cancelled

I just checked his website and your right its been cancelled.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

It says it was cancelled due to high gas prices and travel costs. Bummer. I knew a lot of folks were looking forward to it and are going to be disappointed. At least it wasn't canceled due to something tragic like an illness. Be thankful for that!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

[It says it was cancelled due to high gas prices and travel costs. Bummer.

For me it wasnt the gas price, but the price of the semminar itself $300.00 per person and I have 2 boys in Kenpo also. Thats too much..

Thanks

You have no idea the meaning of the word BUMMED.

This was going to be where I was testing for second black.

I've been training my butt off for over a year to be good and ready and now it will be put off until my instructor can put something together with a panel. It won't be the same though.

A bunch of us are still going anyway and we'll do some working out. So that's something, but I am just beyond depressed about it.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong
    You have no idea the meaning of the word BUMMED.

This was going to be where I was testing for second black.

I've been training my butt off for over a year to be good and ready and now it will be put off until my instructor can put something together with a panel. It won't be the same though.

A bunch of us are still going anyway and we'll do some working out. So that's something, but I am just beyond depressed about it.

--Amy
    sorry amy

why wont it be the same? you will still be getting ranked as a 2nd black in fornt of a board of higher ranks that will review you and rank you at 2nd black.. sure its not going to be on the 9th of june, but you will be testing in july.. and you will still be a 2nd black when all this is done..

i know you must be bummed, but i know you can look past the negitive and find the positive that can come out of this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gixxershane
    sorry amy

why wont it be the same? you will still be getting ranked as a 2nd black in fornt of a board of higher ranks that will review you and rank you at 2nd black.. sure its not going to be on the 9th of june, but you will be testing in july.. and you will still be a 2nd black when all this is done..

i know you must be bummed, but i know you can look past the negitive and find the positive that can come out of this
    Testing by yourself is never the same as testing with a bunch of people. I just have to get past the disappointment and I'm sure it will be fine. And I don't know the people who will be on the board, whereas in Vegas, I did. At least now my family can come, but many of my kenpo friends can't because they live in other states.

Also, it wasn't the promotion -- it was the experience. My instructor told me that as far as he's concerned, I've already passed. He knows how hard I've been training, so it's not that.

I'm just disappointed, but I'll get over it. Maybe something better will happen to make it worth it.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

oh, i didnt know that you would be testing buy yourself i can see where you are coming form..

i hope that you can cheere up soon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gixxershane
    oh, i didnt know that you would be testing buy yourself i can see where you are coming form..

i hope that you can cheere up soon
    I'm hoping that he can find some other people testing for upper ranks who want to test too, but right now it's just me.

I tested by myself for my browns too.

One test had 3 kids testing, but testing with a 5yr. old just doesn't have the same impact somehow.

--Amy

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong
    I'm hoping that he can find some other people testing for upper ranks who want to test too, but right now it's just me.

I tested by myself for my browns too.

One test had 3 kids testing, but testing with a 5yr. old just doesn't have the same impact somehow.

--Amy
    i hear ya.. my last test it was me and one other person..here is a pic after the test.. im on the right of the photo

Thanks

You know what's funny?

I went to kenponet and martialtalk and there's no mention that I could find of camp being cancelled.

Is nobody else talking about it?

Or is it that since only 35 people signed up, there's nobody interested in talking about it?

--Amy

P.S. Nice pic.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Still hasn't sunk in yet. Seriously, after 12 months of anticipation, it's a pretty big disappointment. BUT, we're going anyway and we're going to have fun. I just hope that next time the price tag on the entry ticket will be within reason for more people to attend. The only reason I was able to afford the ticket was because my girl Amy covered the air fare with her hubby's frequent flyer miles. I seriously hope it wasn't a greedy move that foiled camp.

Amy babe... I'll do my best to be there for your test if I can. I'll watch for some rapid rewards to Sacramento.
    -Camey

"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people? "

SUPPORT KENPOTALK:http://www.kenpotalk.com/forum/payments.php

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

I sincerely hope you get your $300 back at least.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler
    I sincerely hope you get your $300 back at least.
    We were told it would be mailed with alacrity. And that's a quote.

I'm going to suggest some marketing strategies for next year for camp because I want it to be a success. Maybe he'll take me up on it.

I'll be videotaping the test either way and I'll post it.

--Amy

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

I was hoping to meet many of you there - I too am completely shocked by this -
    Jim

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shockwavekenpo
    I was hoping to meet many of you there - I too am completely shocked by this -
    Jim
    Well, you can still come. Some of us are gonna be there doing kenpo anyway.

--Amy

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

I don't think Southwest will give me a refund on my ticket...please tell me how to hook up with you guys...you can email me privately if you'd like...
    Thanks,
    Jim

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shockwavekenpo
    I don't think Southwest will give me a refund on my ticket...please tell me how to hook up with you guys...you can email me privately if you'd like...
    Thanks,
    Jim
    Anyone who is going anyway and wants to contact me can call my cell in Vegas (916) 690-1682. We're coming in on Thurs. the 8th and expect to do some karate Friday and Saturday. We're sort of playing it by ear, but so far it looks like there will be at least 10 of us.

Still can be a kenpo weekend if anyone still wants to come!

And there's no charge for this fabulous event!

--Amy

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Thanks Amy - Very cool of you...will give you a call...
    Jim

Thanks

You guys know where you're going to be working out? I would like to see how what you guys do is different from the AKKI and how much we have in common.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links