Thread: seeking info on Paul Taylor

Thanks

Default seeking info on Paul Taylor

Friend is looking at a local school near him who is listing they are aPaul Taylor Shaolin Kempo school.

Any comments, opinions on this line?

I know i am opening a can here... anytime you ask about things like this so please... keep it polite.

I might go down and watch a class to check it out for him but not sure if it would be a waste of time.

Bun bun of Doom!!!
    "Do you have any bactine? Some of this blood is mine."

"Dear Die-ary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

-JTHM

Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,256 Posts

Default Re: seeking info on Paul Taylor

Just doing a little digging. Paul Taylor was originally under the Villari banner and then broke with the others into USSD. If you look at his history now, with his "Z Ultimate" organization, you will see NO mention of the Shaolin Kempo of Villari/Mattera by name, just a generic mention of the large organization. Paul Taylor went back to a Nick Cerio person (don't know the politics, but claims that he was the successor to Cerio's Kenpo system) and was promoted under him. Paul Taylor states that this "closed the circle" on kenpo history.

I posted a video (not sure if that is him or another instructor) to give an idea of what their kenpo looks like. I would say check it out and see what kind of school it is. There were some "old school" instructors under Villari that had good training and ran a good school and others that were bad. If they did return more to the Nick Cerio roots, it could be a very good school.
    "For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer."

Romans 13:4

3. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher73 For This Useful Post:

KirkS (12-06-2019)

Thanks

Default Re: seeking info on Paul Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by punisher73 View Post

Just doing a little digging. Paul Taylor was originally under the Villari banner and then broke with the others into USSD. If you look at his history now, with his "Z Ultimate" organization, you will see NO mention of the Shaolin Kempo of Villari/Mattera by name, just a generic mention of the large organization. Paul Taylor went back to a Nick Cerio person (don't know the politics, but claims that he was the successor to Cerio's Kenpo system) and was promoted under him. Paul Taylor states that this "closed the circle" on kenpo history.

I posted a video (not sure if that is him or another instructor) to give an idea of what their Kenpo looks like. I would say check it out and see what kind of school it is. There were some "old school" instructors under Villari that had good training and ran a good school and others that were bad. If they did return more to the Nick Cerio roots, it could be a very good school.
    Yea, I had found that video and much of the general background stuff before posting.. I didn't notice the lack of Shaolin Kempo reference though.. so thanks for that.

I was hoping to find more first hand knowledge or exp with this line.

Bunbun
    "Do you have any bactine? Some of this blood is mine."

"Dear Die-ary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

-JTHM

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links