Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What if

Thanks

Default Re: What if

Quote Originally Posted by Ma_student View Post
    You know what, I don't even care. I've got better things to do. I was not looking for "co-signers" I was simply trying to have a discussion but people then started to attack me in private messages on here so yes I lost my temper.

im signing out now. I'm over this. Doc, bunny whoever else. I apologise for any comments I may have made in anger. I have nothing against you gentleman. Take care and peace (this is not a sarcastic post I am being 100% genuine) all the best sir

Awww... it was just getting interesting....

Monty Python 'Argument Sketch'

Bun bun...
    "Do you have any bactine? Some of this blood is mine."

"Dear Die-ary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

-JTHM

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

This is something I consider a lot. What would've happened to kenpo if ed Parker had lived for another 10-20 years.

Now im a young guy I wasn't even born when ed Parker died but I've read a lot on martial arts and I live and breathe it and I genuinely believe kenpo should've adapted more. Right now I'm heavily into Krav Maga and the organisation I train with KMG they are constantly updating and evolving what they do. To me that is what kenpo should be. Today I feel to many only care about just practicing their forms and getting themselves their next Dan rank and from what I've read and from people I've spoken to who knew ed Parker. I believe he'd be very unhappy with the state of kenpo today.

i still love kenpo and I train my forms techniques daily but I also train other systems and analyse my techniques and insert things from other systems I believe is more effective for me.
    Greetings to Ye All!!

It has been some time since I been on this forum (Kenposoldier01)... No way to know for sure what direction Mr. Parker would have gone if past behavior is an indicator of future behavior I imagine he would have continued to explore several directions at once, that is after all what he was best at. I imagine he would have made his very detailed knife combat material and other weapons material available to more people especially after 9-11. I think we would have seen more development of the sporty side of Kenpo for those who were interested in competition in the venues you mention and much more. I do believe that he would have kept refining kenpo in every direction.

As for Krav Maga, It does have some good ideas and maybe some good drills that mimic what it is like to fight after being knocked senseless in a surprise attack (like spinning a person around until they are dizzy before having a group with kicking shields bombard them from all corners even if I never see anyone deal with such a situation effectively during that drill, basically they end up tripping on their own feet it is still a good experience if for no other reason than it brings home the point don't get sucker punched, it has interesting ideas about using an aggressive attitude to flip the script on an adversary but in my informed opinion its over hyped and full of false advertising. They cling to the notion that it has been tested by the IDF and Mossad but really none of the IDF fight using Krav Maga, they themselves often prefer kickboxing or some other martial art, Mossad likes spray bottles full of poison not Krav. That said I have never met any IDF or Mossad members that went into any kind of fight alone or using unarmed skills.

By Sami Ibrahim
    Last edited by KirkS; 1 Week Ago at 10:04 AM. Reason: political clap trap
    sumdumguy likes this.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 599 Posts

Because i want to be. Sorry if my opinion offends you,...actually nah I'm not
    You confuse taking offense with just wanting the yammering chihuahua to stop.
    www.trianglekenpo.com

"I know Kenpo!" "Cool... do you know how to use it?"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bdparsons For This Useful Post:

Doc (1 Week Ago),KirkS (1 Week Ago)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flying crane View Post
    Sounds to me like you ought to be doing Krav. Skip the kenpo.
    Seems to be the heart of the issue right here. It always amazes me how often people want to do a given art and then complain that that it isn't like the art they really want to do. Hard to be upset for a thing being what it is instead of being what it isn't.

Mark

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shihansmurf For This Useful Post:

flying crane (1 Week Ago),KirkS (1 Week Ago)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 629 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bdparsons View Post
    You confuse taking offense with just wanting the yammering chihuahua to stop.
    I agree..maybe time to move on
    Tradition is not about the preservation of the ashes, but about keeping the flame alive

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it".
    ~George Orwell
    Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way." Booker T. Washington

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    Greetings to Ye All!!

It has been some time since I been on this forum (Kenposoldier01)... No way to know for sure what direction Mr. Parker would have gone if past behavior is an indicator of future behavior I imagine he would have continued to explore several directions at once, that is after all what he was best at. I imagine he would have made his very detailed knife combat material and other weapons material available to more people especially after 9-11. I think we would have seen more development of the sporty side of Kenpo for those who were interested in competition in the venues you mention and much more. I do believe that he would have kept refining kenpo in every direction.

As for Krav Maga, It does have some good ideas and maybe some good drills that mimic what it is like to fight after being knocked senseless in a surprise attack (like spinning a person around until they are dizzy before having a group with kicking shields bombard them from all corners even if I never see anyone deal with such a situation effectively during that drill, basically they end up tripping on their own feet it is still a good experience if for no other reason than it brings home the point don't get sucker punched, it has interesting ideas about using an aggressive attitude to flip the script on an adversary but in my informed opinion its over hyped and full of false advertising. They cling to the notion that it has been tested by the IDF and Mossad but really none of the IDF fight using Krav Maga, they themselves often prefer kickboxing or some other martial art, Mossad likes spray bottles full of poison not Krav. That said I have never met any IDF or Mossad members that went into any kind of fight alone or using unarmed skills
    By Sami Ibrahim
    Nice to see you back Sami!

I recall some of Kenpo soldier's posts from the time when I was still just a 'lurker' here.
    Last edited by KirkS; 1 Week Ago at 10:06 AM. Reason: political clap trap

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links