Thread: Warriors All Lost In Battle Today this 8/5/2011

Steve W Spry Guest

Default Warriors All Lost In Battle Today this 8/5/2011

Today marks the largest lost of WARRIORS at a single time. In Afghanistan we lost 25 Special Force NAVY SEALS of SEAL TEAM 6 when their helicopter was struck by an RPG.

This is the single largest lost of Special Forces in our Nations History. The Nation this day has lost much more than its AAA credit rating.

The Nation America has lost what is it's most valuable export to the world. That Being the AMERICAN MILITARY PERSONAL OF THE ELITE SPECIAL FORCES OF THE NAVY SEALS Of SEAL TEAM 6

I post this for all who read to reflect what it really is to be a Warrior to THE END

Gods Peace & Blessing,

My Thoughts & Thanks

Steve Spry

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve W Spry For This Useful Post:

nelson (08-07-2011)

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Richwood, Ohio, United States, 103740476331734, Richwood, Ohio
    Thanks

Default Re: Warriors All Lost In Battle Today this 8/5/2011

First, I am not a soldier and never have been. I truly admire and respect what they do when they have to do it. Second, any loss of life should be avoided if possible and mourned, remembered and respected when it does happen, especially when in the service of your country or protecting the life of another.

Anywho, it seems to me that my generation (X) and younger does not understand that there are casualties of war and seem to be overly sensitive to the fact that people do die in war.
    American Casualties D-Day: 135000 http://doinghistoryproject.tripod.com/id28.html
    American Casualties Iraq 2003 to 7/19/2011: 37579 http://antiwar.com/casualties/
    American Casualties in Afghanistan 2001-2011: 1728 http://icasualties.org/oef/

I guess my point is in a single day more people died in D-Day than all of the people in the entire modern Iraq/Afghanistan conflict. Relatively spealing, the current wars have been less bloody for the US than any war previously. Of course the current wars have had more survivors thanks to better medical procedures. I was once told that in any martial conflict there are three possible outcomes: Life, Life with Pain or Death. Let's not only remember our dead warriors but also our surviving veterans both whole and injured.
    The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do. ~Thomas Jefferson
    If it takes a lot of words to say what you have in mind, give it more thought. ~Dennis Roth
    If you can't write your idea on the back of my calling card, you don't have a clear idea. ~David Belasco

Bill Davenport

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to punkmonkey For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dave in da house (08-08-2011),flying crane (08-08-2011),MarkC (08-08-2011)

Steve W Spry Guest

Hey Bill I thank you for your response and posting. I as you am in a complete agreement about the lose of life in battle.
    You are very right about D-Day and the lose of life in a single day or Gettysburg in three days of battle over 53,000 men died that equal to all the KIA's in Vietnam from 1957-1975 time period.

True more of our military personal are surviving by not being Kill In action KIA's but they are coming home with very deep emotional battle scares. That's what war is someone has and always will answered the call to duty for others sake's.

The Posting of the most Special Forces NAVY SEAL's to every be killed in any action is not to state that their life's are more important than anthers, because they are not.

If we look at this in another fame work as to pieces on a chess board a Special Force Person is and equal to a Queen are King. To take a single life off the chess board or in this case the battle field is devastating for they are the Military Leadership, these men are the tip of the spear in leading and training military personal under there care and guidance.

To louse 25 of them in a single moment is devastating to any military operation. Each one of them represents thousands of men that tried to be NAVY SEAL's but did not make the cut at BUD's .

Its not a position that can easily be replaced by just rotating someone else into their spot. No Sir its a position they may never be filled due to the few number of Special Force NAVY SEAL's Cadre there are to select from.

Death is a very awful reality we know we are going to louse our parents but when it happens it's a shock and blow to our systems and our life's. Our Parents are expected to pass before their children. But to louse a son of this stature and recognition can cripple a family completely to were they never recover from.

I am not diminishing the value of any life, these were major players in this theater of operations and the further instructors to the next generation of Special Force NAVY SEAL's.

Today we lost a complete generation of further Naval intelligence, commanders, admirals leader of the free world lost by a single RPG attack. We my friend have been placed in Check, if the right leadership is not set in place with the correct SOP we will be in MATE.

Again Thank You For Your Response

Steve Spry

Quote Originally Posted by punkmonkey View Post
    First, I am not a soldier and never have been. I truly admire and respect what they do when they have to do it. Second, any loss of life should be avoided if possible and mourned, remembered and respected when it does happen, especially when in the service of your country or protecting the life of another.

Anywho, it seems to me that my generation (X) and younger does not understand that there are casualties of war and seem to be overly sensitive to the fact that people do die in war.
    American Casualties D-Day: 135000 http://doinghistoryproject.tripod.com/id28.html
    American Casualties Iraq 2003 to 7/19/2011: 37579 http://antiwar.com/casualties/
    American Casualties in Afghanistan 2001-2011: 1728 http://icasualties.org/oef/

I guess my point is in a single day more people died in D-Day than all of the people in the entire modern Iraq/Afghanistan conflict. Relatively spealing, the current wars have been less bloody for the US than any war previously. Of course the current wars have had more survivors thanks to better medical procedures. I was once told that in any martial conflict there are three possible outcomes: Life, Life with Pain or Death. Let's not only remember our dead warriors but also our surviving veterans both whole and injured.
    Last edited by Steve W Spry; 08-06-2011 at 11:13 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve W Spry For This Useful Post:

punkmonkey (08-06-2011)

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

I posted this in the MT thread. http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/sho...n-copter-crash
    The nature of modern warfare. Modern forces will usually have much less loss than those fielding outdated armies. The modern infantry has body armor, high tech equipment and medicines. Our enemies are fielding basically Korean War era troops. No armor, old gear and less advanced field treatment. We might have 5 guys shot up, but most of the time they'll come out alive. 5 enemy shot up, usually = 5 dead from trauma and blood loss. Where we are seeing higher losses in our forces are cases just like this. Rapid-Blood-Clot doesn't work well when you are in 4 pieces from an RPG.

Our forces aren't invulnerable, just harder to hurt. This time, an RPG hurt us bad.
    By current standards.

We've yet to equal the losses from 1 day at Gettysburg (1863), or Normandy (1945) in both Iraq & Afghanistan.
    I hope we never do.
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

Steve W Spry Guest

AMEN Brother spoken well and direct.

Steve Spry

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post

Steve W Spry Guest

John 15:13

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Psalms 144:1

Praise be to you O Lord my rock who strengthens my hands for war and my fingers for battle

AMEN

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    We need to pray for our families of our fallen troops and the Afghan's who were with them. Psalm 91 is called the "Warriors Psalm" for good reason as it is said frequently by our Christian chaplains in combat. I have pledged to pray this Psalm for our troops every day for the rest of my life. We also "adopt" a soldier to pray him out of combat and return home safely. When our "son" or daughter get's home we "adopt" another. I would encourage anyone who is in the family of believers to do this no matter what your faith happens to be.

Steve W Spry Guest

Matthew 5:9
    Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called children of God

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W Spry View Post
    John 15:13

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Psalms 144:1

Praise be to you O Lord my rock who strengthens my hands for war and my fingers for battle

AMEN

Steve W Spry Guest

BIBLE

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

B.I.B.L.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W Spry View Post
    AMEN Brother spoken well and direct.

Steve Spry

Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 664 Posts