Thread: boosting the energy level

Thanks

Default boosting the energy level

just curious but if there were some things folks could share about raising the energy level? iv tried eating different things as far as diet goes, and don't seem to feel much different.

sometimes i have to argue with myself to go to class, because i don't feel i have the energy, or sparring. and i know i'm in alright shape. im usually one of the first to finish the warm ups before class. things like that.

i'm mainly concerned about a big tournament i have in two weeks.. i dont want to feel drained before i even start. so yes anything some of you folks do, or eat before class, or before a tournament? i'm going to do a salt water flush tomorrow morning and start thinking of a diet i could go on to help with the energy level

do any of you all have any pre tournament eating rituals that seem to help you have more energy?
    Brian Sheets
    VKKSI Kenpo 1st Black

Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it." ~ Unknown
    "Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting, but never hit soft." Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks
    Thanked 4,372 Times in 1,426 Posts

Default Re: boosting the energy level

Quote Originally Posted by madeku View Post
    just curious but if there were some things folks could share about raising the energy level? iv tried eating different things as far as diet goes, and don't seem to feel much different.

sometimes i have to argue with myself to go to class, because i don't feel i have the energy, or sparring. and i know i'm in alright shape. im usually one of the first to finish the warm ups before class. things like that.

i'm mainly concerned about a big tournament i have in two weeks.. i dont want to feel drained before i even start. so yes anything some of you folks do, or eat before class, or before a tournament? i'm going to do a salt water flush tomorrow morning and start thinking of a diet i could go on to help with the energy level

do any of you all have any pre tournament eating rituals that seem to help you have more energy?

Step 1: Get some shilajit. Dragon herbs carries a decent enough capsulized version of it.

Step 2: Get a big thing of some Green super food mix, and start alkalinizing your system.

Step 3: Get some Liquimin's by concentrace, and start adding it to your daily water supply.

Step 4: Get off wheat products, especially if you're blood type O -- the gluten protiens in the foodstream have been so hybridized, they are not recognizable as "food" by the body aymore, but as "foreign invaders", and initiate a chronic inflammatory reaction in the blood stream. Meaning, one of the reasons you're feeling so lousy is some of the foods you eat are causing your body to react to your diet the same way it reacts to flu viruses and bacterial infections.

To get the above-mentioned stuff, use iherb.com -- typically 40% savings over buying it in a store.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Dave in da house For This Useful Post:

amylong (08-08-2009),Brother John (08-12-2009),Richard Finn (04-29-2010)

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

www.lifeforce.net

Check out body balance and let me know what you think

There are a lot of testimonials to where people have energy all day long and have been able to cut coffee out of there diet from this supplement.

They also have a product called "True boost" that is an all natural energy drink.

I love the body balance!
    "The sacraed rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself, and can never be erased.""

Alexander Hamilton
    The Farmer Refuted (1775)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave in da house View Post
    Step 4: Get off wheat products, especially if you're blood type O
    does that include whole wheat? i generally get whole wheat bread (trying to switch to the healthier stuff since the standard stuff has been going up) and whole wheat pasta. I think I'm B maybe AB. i cant remember. but i know im not O.
    Brian Sheets
    VKKSI Kenpo 1st Black

Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it." ~ Unknown
    "Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting, but never hit soft." Theodore Roosevelt

Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Thanks

What has helped me the most over the last few weeks...

- cutting out wheat completely. White, whole wheat, whole grain, multigrain, durum semolina, etc. If it was wheat, it was gone. I didn't cut out buckwheat.....because buckwheat isn't wheat (its a fruit).

- cutting way down on fats, and focusing on consuming very lean proteins, such as nonfat plain yogurt, miso soup, fish, or chicken breast.

- weight training. Personally I have gotten a lot more out of walking around in a weight vest or lifting heavy stuff than I have with body weight exercises.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carol For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dave in da house (08-09-2009),J Ellis (08-09-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,372 Times in 1,426 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madeku View Post
    does that include whole wheat? i generally get whole wheat bread (trying to switch to the healthier stuff since the standard stuff has been going up) and whole wheat pasta. I think I'm B maybe AB. i cant remember. but i know im not O.
    Yep. Applies to whole wheat. Switch to rice or spelt flour products; better for you. The grains used even for whole wheat have been so modified and overbred, it ain't food anymore -- it's empty filler, bad for pretty much everybody. Mass-produced, nutritionally deficient, genetically overbred and laboratory modified, until the body doesn't even see it as food.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Food is incredibly important but is only part of the picture.

If you have a chronic pain complaint it can be pretty exhausting. If you have it - get rid of it. Questions, PM me.

Learn touch for health. It is a week end seminar. There is a great section in the book that teaches how to trace your meridians. After a few months you will be amazed at how different you feel.

Chiropractic is great! The emphasis on posture and the nervous system should lead to good changes. I like to see people who do Applied Kinesiology.

Relationships are important. Work on them. Nothing like a fight with someone you care about to drain the old energy.

Richard
    Hands on Healer

"If you can not be King be a healer."

"The hands of the King are the hands of a healer"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Finn For This Useful Post:

Arizona Angel (08-12-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Finn View Post
    Food is incredibly important but is only part of the picture.

If you have a chronic pain complaint it can be pretty exhausting. If you have it - get rid of it. Questions, PM me.

Learn touch for health. It is a week end seminar. There is a great section in the book that teaches how to trace your meridians. After a few months you will be amazed at how different you feel.

Chiropractic is great! The emphasis on posture and the nervous system should lead to good changes. I like to see people who do Applied Kinesiology.

Relationships are important. Work on them. Nothing like a fight with someone you care about to drain the old energy.

Richard
    Those are some really good points, especially the last. Most people don't have a clue how that actually affects the system.

I took Yoga for a while and at first I was in a lot more pain, but after about three weeks, my body started cooperating and pretty soon I felt a lot better and more energetic.
    There is nothing so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.
    Unquestionably man has his will - but woman has her way! - Bruce Lee

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Thanks

There is research indicating the existence of a mutation in the dec2 gene that moderates circadian rythims in such a way that some people require less sleep than others. I'm not a gene-ist so I would be very excited to see the appropriate self-crucifixion take advantage of such variations to promote higher performance energy levels.

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

All excellent clues in this thread to increase energy and endurance. Medical double-blind placebo studies have been done on Ayurvedic (Indian) and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) as well as western herbology to arrive at increasing energy in athletes legally, that is, passing the strict Olympic drug testing procedure. The research can be referenced at www.livepast60.com.

Western diet becomes short on nutrients due to eating starches and sugars with the nutrients removed during processing. The herbs of the old cultures replace them in a compact and convenient method. These are not 'magic bullets' used to cure a problem after losing health, but used as food supplements over a lifetime to increase athletic ability and to prolong life beyond 60. They and their explanations of how they work within the body can be started at www.umaxlife.com

At 70, I still practice energetically, and my associates, some in their 80's put in full workdays in construction. This knowledge is part of martial arts self-defense, as what purpose would there be to survive fights without enjoying a longer life free of pain? Breathing exercises and the exercise in martial arts, along with the discipline not to accept drugs and alcohol, prolong life, even without herbology; but, adding the nutrients into the lifetime training regimen extends life.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to senseihal For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dave in da house (04-28-2010),Mac (04-28-2010),Mr.Strobel (04-29-2010),Richard Finn (04-29-2010)

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Taking an appropriate amount of diet which is necessary are maintaining the physical activties can really take the wellness to the next level.
    If somenoe talks about it and do stuff according to that they can really help themselves.

Nitin360 physical therapy billing codes

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links