Thread: terrible luck,

Thanks

Default terrible luck,

Well I guess I have terrible luck, I am supposed to be testing for blue belt tonight but I can hardly move much less fight. The crazy thing is for about the last two weeks my right shoulder has been bothering me. I can raise my arm out in front of me fine, but when I raise it to the right in an upward motion it feels like my rotator cuff is sore. I have been just pushing through the soreness and now my arm is about fine. Well I have had some tingling in my right hand. Then last night my lower back started to hurt badly, today I was barley able to put my shoes on and sit in my truck but I made it to work. This all seems kind of familiar to how I felt last year when I got bit by a brown recluse spider. My knees hurt like hell so I finally went to the doctor and got some antibiotics. This time itís not my knees its pain in my arm and now back but I didnít see a bite mark. Oh well maybe I can load up on the ibuprofen, and at least test.
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

John Brewer is offline Starting Over
    Thanks

Default Re: terrible luck,

I was dealing with the shoulder problem before my blue also, but not the other stuff. I was gonna say good luck, but i'm sure you don't need luck. If you do test we'll be waiting to hear the good news.

Salute

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2004hemi View Post
    I am supposed to be testing for blue belt tonight but I can hardly move much less fight... Oh well maybe I can load up on the ibuprofen, and at least test.
    I've done that (not tested, but fought), and my advice is- don't! You can potpone a test, but the results of pushing an injury too far will likely be with you the rest of your life.

Put off the test, get to a doctor and find out for sure what the problem is. Talk to your instructor, and I'd bet he'll say the same thing.

Dan C
    There are things that are worth knowing for their own sake, worth finding for the pure joy of discovery.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Yeah, don't make it worse buddy. I know your doctor would say "NO" if you asked him about testing. Take it easy for crying out loud!!!!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Ė Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

I would put off the testing and get to the doctor. I would try a chirpractor first. If it is serious they would know who else to refer you to. If they have a neuromuscular massage therapist on staff that would be a great combination. Put off the test and get better first! Injury can last a good long time and make a new belt worth..well, not much. You want to at least feel good enough to enjoy it!
    Hands on Healer

"If you can not be King be a healer."

"The hands of the King are the hands of a healer"

Thanks

Definitely get help from a healthcare professional.

Thanks

Well Iím taking everyoneís advice I made an appointment for tonight even though I hate going to the doctorís office (And I would much rather be going to class tonight) I have a bad habit of waiting and really screwing something up before I go. That and after spending the day on web MDís website and reading all the stuff it could be, that will scare the crap out of anyone. That site started listing clogged arteries, tumors, heart attacks, makes me want to drink a six pack before I go. LOL

Wish me luck

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Well Iím taking everyoneís advice I made an appointment for tonight even though I hate going to the doctorís office (And I would much rather be going to class tonight) I have a bad habit of waiting and really screwing something up before I go. That and after spending the day on web MDís website and reading all the stuff it could be, that will scare the crap out of anyone. That site started listing clogged arteries, tumors, heart attacks, makes me want to drink a six pack before I go. LOL

Wish me luck
    Are you alive?

What happened at the doctors office?

Your leavin us all hangin!
    Hands on Healer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Finn View Post
    Are you alive?

What happened at the doctors office?

Your leavin us all hangin!
    Yeah what happened?

Thanks

Well I went to see the doc last night, he asked me a bunch of questions about have I ever had a neck problem, or shoulder trouble in the past. I told him I get kinks in my neck about every 3 months or so. And as for the shoulder trouble I have been bucked off a few times but thatís been years. So any way he said that he thinks I may have a pinched nerve or at least an inflamed nerve in my neck.

I asked him about the tingling in my fingers and asked why my lower back would be hurting. And why my rotator cuff seems to be hurting. He said the nerve being pinched is causing the tingling, and the pain in my bicep muscle. He then said that because I may be sitting just a little off kilter due to my neck (I have no pain in my neck) but the doc said that would cause my body posture to be off. That would lead to stress on my lower back causing pain in my lower back. Then he went on to ask how long I have been doing Martial arts, I told him and he asked what belt am I testing for next? Iím thinking what does that have to do with anything, but I told him and he went on to say he has several patients that come in with the same problem. And that it seems to be prevalent in those testing for higher ranks.

Anyway he gave a prescription for Prednisone (generic Cortisone) and one for the good stuff Hydrocodon/APAP that stuff works good I could do back flips after taking one of those. And he told me no Kenpo for two weeks, I told him I will wait one week then I am going to try and talk to my instructor about testing me for Blue and starting the next block of training for Adv Blue. He also said no X-box.

I had to ask him if he is trying to kill me, No Kenpo, no X- box just sit around with a heat pad on my shoulder and neck. Oh and I canít even drink a beer Doc said the pain pillís donít do well with Alcohol

Thanks

Well glad you went to the Doc, except for that whole no Kenpo no X-box thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crane557 View Post
    Well glad you went to the Doc, except for that whole no Kenpo no X-box thing.

Thanks, I am just not big on going to see the doctor or to a hospital. I just have so much that runs in my family and to be honest I would rather not know. You hear about people all the time that seem fine have some small pain. They see a doctor and then their told they have 3 weeks to live. If it came to that I just donít want to know.

Thanks

to be honest I would rather not know.
    hemi, if you don't know, you can't do anything about it!

First off, you need to get the doc to send you to a good physical therapist who does myofascial release. Also, if Richard Finn doesn't volunteer the info (I bet he does), you might ask him about some of the practitioners he knows in your area. He'll also probably recomend "The Winners Guide to Pain Relief", by Dr. Hal Blatman. (By the way, mine got here, Richard). If/when he does, I'll second his recomendation (I'd go first, but he's the expert).

Also check out www.fenixstopspain.com They have a really good rig for getting to areas you need treated, and a good DVD and manual as well. I think the small board is on sale right now- my brother was looking at it last week. He tried mine, and he's sold on it. I'd recomend that, as you really won't need the full size one.

Trust me, if you don't get a handle on it now, it will only get worse. And it can cause other problems as well. I riped a hamstring from butt to knee because I threw a hard kick with a leg that had an untreated myofascial problem.It gave me problems for years after that. After myofascial release treatment (I'd hesitate to call it therapy, as it hurt like the dickens) it is better than it's been since my mid twenties.

If you've been thrown from livestock, and do hard martial arts, I guarantee you need to look into this.

Sorry for the rant, but I do believe what I'm saying is true, for you and probably others here as well.

Dan C
    There are things that are worth knowing for their own sake, worth finding for the pure joy of discovery.

Thanks

Well here is a follow up I, E mailed my instructor looks like I will have to wait one month to test for blue belt. Thatís when he does retests/ missed tests. If I understood what he said I will only wear Blue belt for a month then I will be testing for Advanced Blue. Our tests are about every two months so I test for a solid color in two months then the advanced level of that color in two months. Like Blue then in two months half blue half green.

I couldnít wait I went through some of my techs last night at home, My arm seems fine so far but I didnít go 100% just want to keep things current.

The Dan---- Thanks I will have to read that web site if it can help I would be very interested.

Thanks

Thanks, I am just not big on going to see the doctor or to a hospital. I just have so much that runs in my family and to be honest I would rather not know. You hear about people all the time that seem fine have some small pain. They see a doctor and then their told they have 3 weeks to live. If it came to that I just donít want to know.
    One of my friends at work has had stomach problems for years. He has been taking Imodium AD for about ten years and won't see a doc about it. He has the same worries as you, to quote him "once the doctors get a hold of you it's over" I think as noted above if you get help sooner rather than later the chances of a devastating prognosis is way less.

Salute!
    John

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Well I went to see the doc last night, he asked me a bunch of questions about have I ever had a neck problem, or shoulder trouble in the past. I told him I get kinks in my neck about every 3 months or so. And as for the shoulder trouble I have been bucked off a few times but thatís been years. So any way he said that he thinks I may have a pinched nerve or at least an inflamed nerve in my neck.

I asked him about the tingling in my fingers and asked why my lower back would be hurting. And why my rotator cuff seems to be hurting. He said the nerve being pinched is causing the tingling, and the pain in my bicep muscle. He then said that because I may be sitting just a little off kilter due to my neck (I have no pain in my neck) but the doc said that would cause my body posture to be off. That would lead to stress on my lower back causing pain in my lower back. Then he went on to ask how long I have been doing Martial arts, I told him and he asked what belt am I testing for next? Iím thinking what does that have to do with anything, but I told him and he went on to say he has several patients that come in with the same problem. And that it seems to be prevalent in those testing for higher ranks.

Anyway he gave a prescription for Prednisone (generic Cortisone) and one for the good stuff Hydrocodon/APAP that stuff works good I could do back flips after taking one of those. And he told me no Kenpo for two weeks, I told him I will wait one week then I am going to try and talk to my instructor about testing me for Blue and starting the next block of training for Adv Blue. He also said no X-box.

I had to ask him if he is trying to kill me, No Kenpo, no X- box just sit around with a heat pad on my shoulder and neck. Oh and I canít even drink a beer Doc said the pain pillís donít do well with Alcohol

I have no idea what an X-box is, can anyone enlighten me?

There are at least 3 DCs in your area who are listed at www.frequencyspecific.com. This is an incredibly effective form of microcurrent that I use. I get amazing results with nerve problems. One of the practitioners has DABCO after the name. This is an advanced training in orthopaedic issues. A DC would understand the relationship between the neck/and/low back isssues. There are a number of other people nearby with similar qualifications. You live in a good area to have a problem.

If any of these DCs went to Parker chiropractic college they would probably have taken a course in myofascial techniques from on of my mentors, Jeff Rockwell DC. That would be another bonus.

For self treatment ideas I would get Dr. Blatman's book at www.winoverpain.com. It is a gem. If you need to talk, I am available by email or phone!
    Hands on Healer

Thanks

[quote=Richard Finn;32156]I have no idea what an X-box is, can anyone enlighten me?

Sure it's a game system, kinda like an old Nintendo but better!

Thanks

[QUOTE=crane557;32176]
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Finn View Post
    I have no idea what an X-box is, can anyone enlighten me?

Sure it's a game system, kinda like an old Nintendo but better!

Then came the X-Box 360 and I am so addicted LMAO I love Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links