Thread: sore hand/knuckle

Thanks

Default sore hand/knuckle

first off im going to saythat i havent gotten it checked out. im 22 and on my own, you think i have health insurance or money to cover a checkup? lol

about a month ago.. the 27th of july, the day before my first tournament actually. i was training with a friend also going to the tournament.. he was getting ready to practice some breaking.. i wasnt entering that division. but thought hey, might as well try a board since im here helping him, right?

so i get ready, take in a few pointers, etc.. go for a left forward bow reverse punch.. and break it.. fun fun.. looking back i doubt i punched straight through, moreso i think i over rotated my hips and hit the board at an angle.... my middle knuckle was kinda sore.. but didnt think anything of it.. iv hit things (like hanging water bottles) when its cold outside and hurt a knuckle tendon.. no biggie, its gone in a day or two.. however for some reason i couldnt punch with that hand for a few days.. forget about a backfist. just tapping lightly on the side of the knuckle with a finger caused pain. no bruising or swelling..

its been over a month.. the pain is very minimal.. i have full mobility of that finger so im not to worried.. i can punch fairly strong, but not near full force.. cant do alot of knuckle pushups with that hand either.. backfisting doesnt hurt really.. it acts up and aches some when im in the cold.. so go figure i work in a foodservice warehouse :-p im curious if anyone's had a similar thing happen.. its more a nussiance than anything now.. im guessing some tendon damage.. i think that happened to my big toe on the 12th (august).. i tripped over it while sparring and it bruised (which scared me because i rarely bruise) and was swollen for a day or two.. thats now stopped hurting as much.. except when i try to bend it all the way.. down.. altho i did trip over it again the other week.. just my luck.. :-\

Thanks

Default Re: sore hand/knuckle

Just a guess, but you probably broke it.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

When the pain is localized and sinsitive to pressure like that, there can be a number of things wrong. I use a frequency specific microcurrent to treat such things. You can learn about it at www.frequnceyspecic.com. It may well just cost one visit to get it dealth with. You might also want to locate a neuromuscular massage therapist. They seen to do a good job and they don't usually cost musch. You may be able to fing someone local at www.mntcenter.com.

I hope this helps!

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Is there a punishment for really bad spelling?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Finn View Post
    Is there a punishment for really bad spelling?
    Yes, a hard rap on the knuckles. lol

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong View Post
    Yes, a hard rap on the knuckles. lol

--Amy
    i was gonna say a cup check. but that works too

Thanks

what kind of pain are you presently experiencing in the middle knuckle......is it an ache, or a sharp pain?
    This can be helpful to understand what kind of treatment can be given.

Thanks

the blue is where it hurts.. its more of an ache most of the time.. it can get sharp if i try and extend the finger as far as i can and lift. or like when i try and throw something (like a bad tomato at a trash can lol) and the presure is against it for a moment. but i can take my other hand and bend it back just fine. when i punch something, just the part that hits hurts..

the blue spot next to my knuckle would lead me to believe i prolly bruised the bone or something.. the part on the back of my hand leads me to think something related to the tendons. like they got rubbed across the knuckle when it went thru the borard. iv had that happen punching water bottles outside in the cold. but thats different, when you open and close your hand you can feel the tendons move over the knuckle, like a tight, twisted rope for a day or two. but thats not what this feels like. if it still bothers me in a month imma look into having it looked at. 2 months should be more than enough time for my body to heal whatever's wrong.

thats my toe 2 days after tripping over it btw :-\

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

I sometimes get aches like that in my hands but i've broken 3 bones in my hands and i figure its just the bones aching because they are not as strong as they used to be but i've never put too much thought into it. I would suggest getting it checked out, it really can't hurt to get a professional medical opinion. BTW I did the same exact thing with the toe thing it its been about 2 months since that injury and its still sore and pissing me off
    "A warrior's ultimate act is to put down his sword"

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

It kinda sounds like "punchers knuckle". Common to most boxers it's a build of calcium around the bones in teh hand from the compression of impact.

WARNING: I'm not a doctor nor did I stay at a Holiday in last night. This is just a possible guess...
    "Fear is the true opiate of combat."

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links