Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protien.....

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Default Protien.....

I came across an interesting article on protien...
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drryan28.htm

How many of you (Besides JF MUUAHAHAHAHA) actively install or include adequate amounts of protien into your diet? I recently watched a video of Pill Pearl and Dave Draper and Bill stated he thought you could get enough protien in your diet by just drinking milk...Bill is also a vegatarian.

Any thoughts?
    www.hunterskarate.com

"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."

- From the Lone Ranger's Creed

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Protien.....

I do. I use protein powder in milk with some meals or snack to make sure I'm getting enough.
    More Shugyo!

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

I make sure to eat ALOT of protein, thru shakes and food If you were to open my freezer you'd see chicken breats, steaks, salmon, orange ruffy,
    and i also have a muscle milk shake in the morning and after Muay thai

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

I take it twice a day extra beside 5 - 6 meals a day.
    I love the O.N. 100% whey.

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

This last round I bought some cheap whey at walmart (cost cutting buying a new house) Man that stuff went out the other end fast!
    www.hunterskarate.com

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

LOL I think Vitamin World has better prices than GNC

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

I love GNC! (sarcasm) I love hearing bodybuilding advice from mid 50's ladies who think pilates is the solution to muscle growth for young men!
    www.hunterskarate.com

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

I shop at Feel Rite (think its a local chain(. Good prices, and alot of other healthy items. I usually do 1 shake/smoothy every day. Whey protein, unflavored. Think I posted the recipes here somewhere.
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

Thanks

It's hard to build muscle without adequate protein intake. When I was lifting I avoided protein drinks though and stuck to food.
    I changed the ratio of protein to carbs so that the protein made up the bulk of my diet.

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

I make sure to eat enough protien and often mix protien shakes. I think pretty much anyone who is serious about exercising will take in enough protein. So I'm assuming almost everyone here on KT watches their protien intake.
    "A warrior's ultimate act is to put down his sword"

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

Greetings Mr. Hunter: Just some quick history on my experiences with Protein. I began strength training when I was 12, and knew nothing about nurtrition. When I had my school in Fresno, one of my distance students was a Bill Pearl devotee. I had the good fortune to work out at Bill's gym in Pasadena on several occassions, and would make a trip to the SGM's school as an aside.
    Later, I got heavily involved in Olympic weight training under a Olympic coach named Jim Smitz who opened my eyes on nutrition. He was training world class competitors (Ken Patera, Bruce Wilhelm, Dan Cantore) so his advice was: "gain weight and stay flexible" My diet was 1/2 dozen eggs every morning, 1/2 gallon of milk, and some god-awful proteing supplement that tasted as if it came from a chicken coop. Since Jim didn't have the time to spend with me, I educated myself on nutrition. In a nutshell here's my take on protein, protein supplements and the qualities of same.
    Proteins building blocks are amino acids. Protein supplies energy for the depleted breakdown due to intensive training sessions. Replacement sometimes through supplements is necessary for the athlete who is attempting increase muscle size, performance, endurance and metabolic balance. Be careful, too much will add fat to your body and can cause high metabolic waste. Buy high quality (read expensive) protein with whey, egg, drink whole, organic milk from grass fed cows, and educate yourself on all facets of protein, ammino's, nitrogen balance, and so on. Lots of reading and work? You'll save money in the long run, and see the results faster.
    Try and find a nice and simple book by Avery on sports nutrition. I seem to remember it being very good.
    Good luck, and sorry about the lengthy post..
    In spirit,

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

I do it the old fashion way. I eat lot's and lot's of chicken. I mean LOT'S! ....I love chicken! Fried chicken, baked chicken, broiled chicken, chick a-la-king, BBQ chicken, teryaki chicken, sweet and sour chicken, almond chicken, sesame chicken, chicken on a stick....shoot, at breakfast I eat a chicken breast with eggs! Heck...I love eggs...boiled eggs, sunny side up, scrambled (with cheese of course).....sigh...I love chicken. LOL
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks

You must be the Sweedish Chef!!! Bork! Bork!

(he loves his chicken too)
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler
    I do it the old fashion way. I eat lot's and lot's of chicken. I mean LOT'S! ....I love chicken! Fried chicken, baked chicken, broiled chicken, chick a-la-king, BBQ chicken, teryaki chicken, sweet and sour chicken, almond chicken, sesame chicken, chicken on a stick....shoot, at breakfast I eat a chicken breast with eggs! Heck...I love eggs...boiled eggs, sunny side up, scrambled (with cheese of course).....sigh...I love chicken. LOL

yea.. we gotta hang out sometime... I too am a chicken fiend... mmmm chicken...
    "Do you have any bactine? Some of this blood is mine."

"Dear Die-ary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

-JTHM

Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Thanks

Steak!! Me like steak. Steak good.

I hope my cholesterol isn't through the roof because...I like steak, and steak likes me. Steak makes me strong

Thanks

What is with all the supplements guys and gals. The best way to get the most amount of protein is through food. Supplements should be the last thing you run to. But I am happy that everyone is getting the protien that they need somehow.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parkerkarate
    What is with all the supplements guys and gals. The best way to get the most amount of protein is through food. Supplements should be the last thing you run to. But I am happy that everyone is getting the protien that they need somehow.
    I would have to second that. Supplements are great but they are just what they say they are, a supplement. If you don't get a better grasp on nutrition and adjust your core dietary regime then you merely end up a band-aid being placed over potentially bad habits.

Don't get me wrong I have used supplements in the past but I have found better results by just payin stricter attention to my dietary intake.

Just my .02.
    "Change is not necessary...Survival is not mandatory" - W. Edward Deming

"When I hit....I hit the whole enchilada" - Master David Leung

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by parkerkarate
    ....see above...I like chicken....mmmmmmmmmmm
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler
    ....see above...I like chicken....mmmmmmmmmmm
    Yes I saw that some of you were eating the right foods. But most were talking about shakes and supplements.

Chicken is always good, especially on spegetti with grilled vegies and EVOO and garlic.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

Thanks

And by the way all of those supplements only work as long as you exersize. If not it is just excreated out in your urine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links