Thread: Working with the family as opposed to around...

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Default Working with the family as opposed to around...

I know some guys train relentlessly and dedicate their time to the matter, this raised something that I have been thinking about for awhile.

How many of you encourage or enable your family, be it wife, kids, brothers, sisters, to work out or do activities with you?

I used to do a lot of my workouts or activities solo lately I have been making an effort to involve my daughters or my wife. I go and jog laps at a local park and no instead of going by myself I take my daughters (who play on the equipment) I bought my wife an Ipod (so she doesn't have to hear me rattling on) and now my jogging seems to be less of a hassle and more of a fun time then it was before.

Do not get me wrong I do still enjoy the solice that can be found in jogging, or playing with brother iron and sister steel, but sometimes having the ones you love along for the ride seems to make it a bit easier.

Has anyone else changed or altered routines or activities to incorporate your family and loved ones?
    www.hunterskarate.com

"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."

- From the Lone Ranger's Creed

Thanks

Default Re: Working with the family as opposed to around...

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    I know some guys train relentlessly and dedicate their time to the matter, this raised something that I have been thinking about for awhile.

How many of you encourage or enable your family, be it wife, kids, brothers, sisters, to work out or do activities with you?

I used to do a lot of my workouts or activities solo lately I have been making an effort to involve my daughters or my wife. I go and jog laps at a local park and no instead of going by myself I take my daughters (who play on the equipment) I bought my wife an Ipod (so she doesn't have to hear me rattling on) and now my jogging seems to be less of a hassle and more of a fun time then it was before.

Do not get me wrong I do still enjoy the solice that can be found in jogging, or playing with brother iron and sister steel, but sometimes having the ones you love along for the ride seems to make it a bit easier.

Has anyone else changed or altered routines or activities to incorporate your family and loved ones?
    That is a great idea.

We all do yard work together while the kids play in the fort / swing set. My oldest helps with the chores and my middle one sees him doing it and wants to help too.

I also opened up a new children's class for mine to participate with their peers instead of just Dad.

Family is super important to me, hope to see more posts and ideas.

Salute,
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Working with the family as opposed to around...

I'm sure we all have a different comfort zone while working out. Personally, I find it very hard to stay motivated and driven, working out alone. On the other hand, one of my karate instructors is my husband and that can be equally fun and difficult. Spending time together teaching/learning adds a lot of quality to our relationship, but at times he feels I am trying to argue with him when I have questions.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links