Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By punkmonkey

Thread: Do you practice Wu Chi ?

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,335 Posts

Default Do you practice Wu Chi ?

How many on the forum practice the Wu Chi stance found in Chi Kung ?
    The literal translation of this phrase is " Stand like tree ".
    Master Lam Kam Chuen discusses this concept in his book " Chi Kung Way of Power. '

Thanks
    Thanked 3,925 Times in 2,211 Posts

Default Re: Do you practice Wu Chi ?

Do you gave a photo or description?
    "To be, rather than to seem"

"Fix your rear foot ... What the hell is wrong with you?"

"...I already watched the videos, and quite frankly, they're bullsh*t."

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Thanks

There is not much to describe other than one stands in what could be called a "natural" standing position with knees slightly bent. As time passes you may want to regulate your breathing. I like the "tactical" breathing practiced by some where you do the four second inhale, wait, exhale, wait all for four second periods. The explanation for the stance is that a tree may appear to be a non movable object yet it is anchoring itself to the earth, carrying out respiration growing leaves and bark, etc..

Seems simple doesn't it. Just stand like a tree for 20 minutes. Try it and you will find it is taxing mentally to remain in such a state for that long. As a Christian I pray during the time. Others may do times tables. Lol Watching tv or listening to meditative music is fibe as well. If you do try it let us know if you were able to do 20 minutes the first time you try it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,309 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    There is not much to describe other than one stands in what could be called a "natural" standing position with knees slightly bent. As time passes you may want to regulate your breathing. I like the "tactical" breathing practiced by some where you do the four second inhale, wait, exhale, wait all for four second periods. The explanation for the stance is that a tree may appear to be a non movable object yet it is anchoring itself to the earth, carrying out respiration growing leaves and bark, etc..

Seems simple doesn't it. Just stand like a tree for 20 minutes. Try it and you will find it is taxing mentally to remain in such a state for that long. As a Christian I pray during the time. Others may do times tables. Lol Watching tv or listening to meditative music is fibe as well. If you do try it let us know if you were able to do 20 minutes the first time you try it.
    Well, You just hit on something I do know about, which I call moving meditation. You take any form or tech, and do each move with a timed breath: outward motion five to ten seconds; pause five to ten seconds; inward motion five to ten seconds. This can be very helpful to your body, or so I am told. The goal is to get this weird taste in your mouth, and that my friends is the, "Golden Elixir". I don't remember if you are supposed to spit it out or swallow it.
    Also Mastering Tsing Tao.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KenpoChanger For This Useful Post:

nelson (07-20-2015)

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Richwood, Ohio, United States, 103740476331734, Richwood, Ohio
    Thanks

"When the mouth is full of this nectar, it is swallowed with a gulp to drive it into the Channel of Function to the lower Tan t'ien to seal Vitality there."

THE DOCTRINE OF THE ELIXIR - R. B. Jefferson
    KenpoChanger likes this.
    The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do. ~Thomas Jefferson
    If it takes a lot of words to say what you have in mind, give it more thought. ~Dennis Roth
    If you can't write your idea on the back of my calling card, you don't have a clear idea. ~David Belasco

Bill Davenport

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Man this stuff is getting heavy ! Lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nelson For This Useful Post:

KenpoChanger (07-20-2015)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Thanks

After some time in Wu Chi practice when you can stand for 20 minutes while regulating your breathing try bringing up your hands to face level while sinking lower with your legs as if you were seated on a ball. You will find this stance to be quite challenging over time. Visualize that you are compressing a ball between your hands at eye level shoulders width apart. Take it easy as you can hyperextend your arms and create back problems. My chiropractor told me so in a visit yesterday ! Lol

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Thanks

I've finally achieved standing in the great circle for 20 minutes. Interestingly it was after grape cutting the previous day and my arms were tired ! Unfortunately I did not repeat 20.minutes for some time afterward. Breathing and making micradjustments to my posture is the key to continued success in this matter along with the mental aspects of total concentration. I was then prepared for additional advanced postures using the eight pieces as a template. Hang in there if you are looking to increase your power. It takes time.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links