Thread: fit and (very) strong with 64

Thanks
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 552 Posts

Default fit and (very) strong with 64

That video amazed me.
    殺意の忍者猿コーディング
    "Using big words and obscure terms to make yourself sound like you know what you're talking about is typical, until you have to actually explain." - "Doc" Chapél
    "A belt only covers two inches of your ass and the rest you need to back up on your own." - Royce Gracie
    ‎"In Tai Chi, practitioners are classified as being either turtles or fish. A turtle swims by just using it limbs. A fish swims by using its whole body. Be a fish." - Lee Wedlake, "Kenpo 301"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lenny For This Useful Post:

Eastcoastkenpoist (10-23-2013),jdinca (10-23-2013),Kenposoldier01 (10-23-2013),punisher73 (10-27-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,585 Times in 2,191 Posts

Default Re: fit and (very) strong with 64

That is amazing. My 80+ y/o father in law celebrated his 80th by doing, 80 each pull-ups, sit-ups and push-ups.
    Be careful what you say, some may take it the wrong way.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jdinca For This Useful Post:

John Brewer (10-23-2013)

Thanks

So here's a question, what changes have you older Kenpoists made in your regimen to address the aging process?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdinca View Post
    So here's a question, what changes have you older Kenpoists made in your regimen to address the aging process?
    More stretching, listen to the latest music and date women half your age
    ~Sami Ibrahim

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenposoldier01 For This Useful Post:

jdinca (10-24-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 839 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdinca View Post
    Grow to be more mature, not just older.
    A good teacher is a master of simplification and an enemy of simplism. ~ Louis A. Berman

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eastcoastkenpoist For This Useful Post:

jdinca (10-25-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastkenpoist View Post
    Grow to be more mature, not just older.
    It's amazing how difficult that is for some people. Wisdom comes with age, as long as you're paying attention.

Thanks

Amazing. I try to stay young. Which is kinda hard. It's interesting that some people try to become more mature. OTOH hand it always depends on where you are, and what your goals are.

And wisdom does not come with age. Age comes with age. Everything else, you have to work for.
    殺意の忍者猿コーディング
    "Using big words and obscure terms to make yourself sound like you know what you're talking about is typical, until you have to actually explain." - "Doc" Chapél
    "A belt only covers two inches of your ass and the rest you need to back up on your own." - Royce Gracie
    ‎"In Tai Chi, practitioners are classified as being either turtles or fish. A turtle swims by just using it limbs. A fish swims by using its whole body. Be a fish." - Lee Wedlake, "Kenpo 301"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lenny For This Useful Post:

jdinca (10-27-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Amazing. I try to stay young. Which is kinda hard. It's interesting that some people try to become more mature. OTOH hand it always depends on where you are, and what your goals are.

And wisdom does not come with age. Age comes with age. Everything else, you have to work for.
    It's something I'm finding I really need to pay attention to. As I've been dealing with physical issues these last several years, there are times I just feel old. If I wasn't paying attention, it could have easily become the new standard.

There's a reason why I put a caveat on wisdom coming with age. If you're not paying attention as you go through life, you're right, age will only get you age.

Thanks

We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing.
    Train your mind as you train your body.

If you train your mind, it'll stay fit and flexible. Same holds true for the body.

BTW, the guy in the video started working out in his mid 50s. I think it paid off.
    殺意の忍者猿コーディング

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lenny For This Useful Post:

jdinca (10-28-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing.
    Train your mind as you train your body.

If you train your mind, it'll stay fit and flexible. Same holds true for the body.

BTW, the guy in the video started working out in his mid 50s. I think it paid off.
    No argument here. I'm back in the gym with a personal trainer, and my previous training/profession is a significant benefit when it comes to a baseline. It feels good to get a good sweat going. I plan on spending Wednesday hiking through fields looking for that tasty treat known as a pheasant. Playing is very important. I'm also close to getting my golf score below 90. All in all, I really have nothing to complain about, but when you set a high standard for yourself, it's hard to settle for something less. The loss using physical ability in any regard is difficult.

This goes back to the discussion of wisdom. Do I lament what I've lost to age, or do I adapt and overcome, and use use wisdom to help me continue to lead a happy and healthy life? Kenpo is still important to me, but I'm not going to be beating on heavy bags anytime soon. That doesn't mean that I can't incorporate aspects of Kenpo into my life. C'est la Vie.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Know and manage your numbers. It amazes me that more people can quote every stat associated with their Auto or Computer, but can't do the same with their own body.

Resting HR, Max HR, Body Fat %, Collesterol, Blood Sugar, Red/White Blood count, etc.....

In addition most people monitor what they put in their auto/computer to ensure max performance, but then turn around and continue to shovel garbage in their mouth.

If you fall asleep at the wheel, you will surely run off the road.....

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EddieCyrax For This Useful Post:

jdinca (10-29-2013),John Brewer (10-29-2013)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links