Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenpo Kards Pictures

Ceicei is offline Knowledge Seeker
    Thanks

Default Kenpo Kards Pictures

Some of you know already that my studio closed down and I am helping my instructor in the process of selling off inventory. Most of the stuff will be sold through e-bay, although direct sales (not through ebay) will be considered.

However, my instructor does have five large-sized Kenpo Kards posters that are signed by Mr. Ed Parker Jr. My instructor does not have any idea how much they might sell, so I thought I will ask you all what a reasonable price would be.

For now, I will start off with just one of the five. This particular Kenpo Kard picture is of "Raining Claw", showing a tiger paw dripping with water into a puddle underneath the paw. In the white boarder, lower right hand corner, is Ed Parker Jr.'s signature. The lower left hand corner is a numeral, 12/100. (I am guessing this one is number 12 out of 100 pictures. Not sure if that means 100 Raining Claws or if it is a set of 100 varied pictures.) This picture bordered in white (to show signature) and is framed in black with a dark gray matting. It has glass protection, not plastic.

I will measure the dimensions and take a digital pictures of it to post to this thread. Please help me out to figure a reasonable selling price. Thank you.

- Ceicei

In case you're wondering what other stuff we are selling, we still have Kenpo Kards (still in sealed packages), CDT books and videos, "The Collectors" martial arts DVD movies, an Olympus digital camera (with accessories), and more. Many aren't listed yet on ebay, but will be soon.
    Studying martial arts is for life, not for the color of the belt.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Kenpo Kards Pictures

If it's permissable on the forum, please post the ebay link, Ceicei

(So sayeth the noob, who is still not entirely certain of all of the rules and regulations herein)
    NEW and IMPROVED Non-Chunky Version!

[SIGPIC]http://www.angelfire.com/wa/dangerusskenpo[/SIGPIC]

I only know enough, to understand how much I don't know

http://www.angelfire.com/wa/dangerusskenpo

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Ceicei,
    Here is a link to Ed Parker Jr website http://www.edparkerjr.com/Art%20Site/Galleries.html it should help you firgure out what them prints are worth....hope this helps you.
    Yours Truly
    Kenpo0324

Thanks

For those who asked, my seller ID is Ceicei3. Currently, I have listed on ebay are the CDT books and videos, and the DVD martial arts movie. Tonight, I will be listing the camera and the Kenpo Kards packs. Depending on information, the Kenpo Kard picture may be listed tonight or tomorrow.

I will list the ebay links tonight for you to view. I will post the Kenpo Kards picture here first before I create the list for that specific item.

- Ceicei

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenpo0324 View Post
    Ceicei,
    Here is a link to Ed Parker Jr website http://www.edparkerjr.com/Art%20Site/Galleries.html it should help you firgure out what them prints are worth....hope this helps you.
    Thank you for that link. It looks like comparable prints of the dimensions given (18 x 24) are selling by Mr. Parker Jr. for $100.00. I am not sure if these come framed already under glass like the one we have for sale.

Tonight, I will use my digital camera to show the "Raining Claw" picture and post it here for you to see. The other four prints we have are "Dance of Death", "Parting Wings", "Five Swords", and ummm, one more... can't recall what that one is as my instructor still has these four for now. These will probably eventually go for sale as well, although I suspect he will choose to keep one for himself.

Thank you.

- Ceicei

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Kenpo Kards Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Ceicei View Post
    Thank you for that link. It looks like comparable prints of the dimensions given (18 x 24) are selling by Mr. Parker Jr. for $100.00. I am not sure if these come framed already under glass like the one we have for sale.
    - Ceicei
    I found that link and it says "double matted print" but if you go to the Galleries under "Cool Artwork" he has a "Journey" image that is signed at matted for $75. So he isn't charging a lot for his signature there.

I'd say email them and ask them if you buy one of the prints, what will he charge to sign it. He may do that for free so that would mean that you should stick closer to the base price. I imagine that if you took it to him in a seminar he'd sign it for free and so the signature may not increase your price because of that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cdhall View Post
    I found that link and it says "double matted print" but if you go to the Galleries under "Cool Artwork" he has a "Journey" image that is signed at matted for $75. So he isn't charging a lot for his signature there.

I'd say email them and ask them if you buy one of the prints, what will he charge to sign it. He may do that for free so that would mean that you should stick closer to the base price. I imagine that if you took it to him in a seminar he'd sign it for free and so the signature may not increase your price because of that.
    Thank you, Doug, for your comments. I liked your point that Mr. Ed Parker Jr. puts more value on his artwork than on his signature. That's how it should be anyway; his artwork is his legacy. I may start it at $75.00 base price....

- Ceicei

Thanks

hmmm

money is tight but i may have to bid on 5 swords, lol.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by florida_kenpo View Post
    hmmm

money is tight but i may have to bid on 5 swords, lol.
    I'll let you know if the "Five Swords" picture goes up for sale.

- Ceicei

Thanks

Here are the photos of the "Raining Claw" picture. I had to angle it to avoid the glare and reflection.

- Ceicei
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Tonight on ebay, I listed a pair (2) of sealed "Kenpo Kards Tech Pak 1" with 15 cards in each pak (30 cards total). Tomorrow, I will be listing the Kenpo Kard "Raining Claw" picture, the Olympus camera, and a shrink wrapped box of 20 sealed "Kenpo Kards Tech Pak 1" packets (300 cards total).

- Ceicei

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

CeiCei,

Just to jump in here. In the art (or any collection for that matter) world if there are signed and numbered it means that their were only a limited number. They are all sorts of reasons for this to occur. If He took the time to sign and number these then there was something special about them. It could be a pre-production release. It might not increase the value by much but, it would mean something to a collector.

Just my .02.
    "Change is not necessary...Survival is not mandatory" - W. Edward Deming

"When I hit....I hit the whole enchilada" - Master David Leung

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Takai View Post
    CeiCei,

Just to jump in here. In the art (or any collection for that matter) world if there are signed and numbered it means that their were only a limited number. They are all sorts of reasons for this to occur. If He took the time to sign and number these then there was something special about them. It could be a pre-production release. It might not increase the value by much but, it would mean something to a collector.

Just my .02.
    Ummm. Excellent point. I guess the bidders will need to decide it's worth. Thank you very much! There are a lot of things to consider with this framed Kenpo Kard picture (particularly with shipping). It will either be posted for sale on ebay tonight or tomorrow morning.

- Ceicei

Thanks

The box of Kenpo Kards containg 20 packets (of the 15-card Kenpo Kards Tech Pak 1) is now up on ebay. I finally have the details needed to set up the auctions on Saturday for the Kenpo Kard picture and the Olympus camera.

- Ceicei

Thanks

I had some requests of direct offers to buy the "Raining Claw" picture. Since there were some competition between the offers (and one withdrawal), I have decided not to do this as a P2P sale, but to put it up for ebay instead. I will list it on ebay starting November 1 (Wednesday).

The Olympus camera will also be listed starting November 1 too.

Thank you.

- Ceicei

Thanks

I thought this might interest you so I am posting this for you. This is a question from a user to me on a different website and my response:
    CeiCei,

I don't know what the current value of the posters are, but framed, signed, and numbered posters from the first series were originally sold by Mr. Parker for $75 or so.
    It looks like from Mr. Ed Parker Jr.'s website http://www.edparkerjr.com/Art%20Site...0Weaponry.html, he is selling the prints (18x24) double matted as $100.00. On another page on the linked website, Mr. Ed Parker Jr. wrote:
    2• LARGE (13' x 19") this piece is signed and numbered by the artist. Only 100 prints are made in this original size reproduction of the art. The print comes on heavy matte acid free watercolor paper, it is double matted and shrink wrapped to help ensure the safety of the artwork. With the double matting the art comes ready to frame in a standard 18" x 24" frame. Print also comes with a certificate of authenticity.
    The one I have is number 12/100 in the series as "Raining Claw" bearing Ed Parker's signature on the white border. It is double matted and already framed with glass (at least it feels like glass). The back of the frame is sealed with brown paper. The dimensions (including the frame) are roughly 21" by 27" by 1".

I am not sure if my instructor has the certificate of authenticity or knows where it is now. I will have to ask if he still has the certificate. If he does still have it, I will include the certificate.

We got this picture along with four others at a seminar Mr. Parker Jr. held at our studio a few years ago. My instructor asked me to sell off part of the closed studios' things and this picture was part of the inventory.

What I will say, however, that because of the closing and moving out of the studio, the black frame does have two small blemishes. The brown paper backing has a small perforation. The print and the matting, however, are in excellent condition (preserved by the glass). It has hanging wire already attached.

When this picture is up on ebay, I will attach photos of everything on this picture, including the frame blemishes and the back paper perforation.

- Ceicei
    Last edited by Ceicei; 10-30-2006 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Fixing syntax / grammar errors

Thanks

The "Raining Claw" picture is now up on eBay: 160047151920.

- Ceicei

Thanks

Amazing Artist! Love his work!
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katsudo_karate View Post
    Amazing Artist! Love his work!
    I feel the same. He definitely has talent! Who would have thought to show techniques in such a visual way? It sure makes association much easier...

- Ceicei

Thanks

The Olympus camera is now up for sale. Item number 160047223228 or at the link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...p%3D%26fvi%3D1

For those who need the link to the "Raining Claw" up for sale on ebay, it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kenpo-Raining-Cl...QQcmdZViewItem

- Ceicei

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links