Thread: Seminars for Royal Family Kids

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Seminars for Royal Family Kids

A partial list of heroes and legends that have conducted seminars at our school for Royal Family Kids.
    Ed Downey

John Sepulveda

Bob White

Paul Dye

Wesley Idol

Rich Hale

Michael Pombeiro

Chuck Sullivan

Dave Hebler

Bob Mitchell

Jack Felton

Marcelo Carvalho

Ron Sanchez

George Ryan

Ted Sumner

Todd Durgan

Benny Urquidez

Mike Stone

Colin Van Deusen

Mohamad Tabatabai

David Arnold

John Natividad

Stephen LaBounty

Micheal Watters

John Burgess

Richard Burgess

Derek Newsome

Keith Page

Aisling Downey

Dennis Conatser Sr.

A very impressive list indeed. We truly appreciate the friendship and the effort to help us raise funds for children that cannot help themselves.
    Respectfully,
    Bob and Barbara White

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob White For This Useful Post:

jdinca (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,583 Times in 2,189 Posts

Default Re: Seminars for Royal Family Kids

Thank you Mr. White for everything you do. Helping children by providing high quality seminars for all Kenpo practitioners is a win win for everybody involved.
    Be careful what you say, some may take it the wrong way.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jdinca For This Useful Post:

Bob White (10-19-2013)

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

A friend of mine, Dr. Daniel Amen has term that he uses often,”ANT”. It stands for Automatic Negative Thoughts. We see it often when people that don’t know something for sure and will assume the worse thing rather than finding out the facts. As an example we get the question, “Where does the money go that you raise for Royal Family Kids?” The answer is that 100% of the net profit goes to the RFK. We have no paid employees and we are not a foundation. I do not handle the money or is my name on the account to write checks or withdraw money. I wanted to make it perfectly clear that there is no mishandling of funds and nobody would ever use money raised for abused children as a scam to line their own pockets. We started very small in our studio parking lot and we have grown throughout the years. Last years donation was $100,000 and we pray that next year it be even larger. Not for our ego but the fact remains that the more money raised, the more children receive help.
    Next weekend our school will have a fundraiser at a local bowling alley to raise funds for RFK. We have our banquet, karate tournament, Shaolin Temple Cultural Festival, golf tournament, the Weitz Christmas, Christmas Light Show, seminars, and other activities to help generate money for RFK. We don’t have time for the ANTs. By the end of March we hope to have given RFK over $500,000 and there is nothing negative about that.
    Please note that the term “we” is used often in this letter. The team that my wife Barbara and I are blessed with is first class. We have men and women that put hours of their time and effort into making these events possible and our goals could never be met without them. Our Kenpo Creed states, “of right or wrong”. Child abuse is wrong and kenpo gives us the ability to fight this terrible reality.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob White For This Useful Post:

jdinca (10-20-2013),Kenposoldier01 (10-20-2013),sumdumguy (07-11-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob White View Post
    A friend of mine, Dr. Daniel Amen has term that he uses often,”ANT”. It stands for Automatic Negative Thoughts. We see it often when people that don’t know something for sure and will assume the worse thing rather than finding out the facts. As an example we get the question, “Where does the money go that you raise for Royal Family Kids?” The answer is that 100% of the net profit goes to the RFK. We have no paid employees and we are not a foundation. I do not handle the money or is my name on the account to write checks or withdraw money. I wanted to make it perfectly clear that there is no mishandling of funds and nobody would ever use money raised for abused children as a scam to line their own pockets. We started very small in our studio parking lot and we have grown throughout the years. Last years donation was $100,000 and we pray that next year it be even larger. Not for our ego but the fact remains that the more money raised, the more children receive help.
    Next weekend our school will have a fundraiser at a local bowling alley to raise funds for RFK. We have our banquet, karate tournament, Shaolin Temple Cultural Festival, golf tournament, the Weitz Christmas, Christmas Light Show, seminars, and other activities to help generate money for RFK. We don’t have time for the ANTs. By the end of March we hope to have given RFK over $500,000 and there is nothing negative about that.
    Please note that the term “we” is used often in this letter. The team that my wife Barbara and I are blessed with is first class. We have men and women that put hours of their time and effort into making these events possible and our goals could never be met without them. Our Kenpo Creed states, “of right or wrong”. Child abuse is wrong and kenpo gives us the ability to fight this terrible reality.
    I admit Mr. White that I suffer from ANT. I am a skeptic whenever I hear of fund raisers, donations for the needy or organizations devoted to taking care of the downtrodden masses, my first thoughts are always "what is this organization getting out of it?" The more saintly it sounds the more suspect I am of what is really going on. No doubt I suffer from excessive paranoia brought about from the careful study of past happenings and psychology in general coupled with few to many years in third world lands. For starters if someone wishes to give to the needy why do they need a special organization to do so; what is so difficult about doing so directly? I don't know about you but I run into people every day in need of all manner of help and these days in America who does not run into people in need. Abused children need help no doubt about it but organizations raising money for abused children leaves me with a few questions like, just how is this money being used to help? What does this help consist of? For example I may raise ten thousand dollars to help abused kids, I spend that money to take them on a vacation to Hawaii of course I get to come chaperone/ tag along to so I end up benefiting so really all I am doing is exploiting the children or making them my excuse in order to fund things I want to do. To give another example I could use the funds to cover the cost of these abused children's Kenpo classes thus my studio makes money and the children get Kenpo lessons... What is the harm in that win win right? Well I personally don't think it is right unless the details are given to the donators in advance. Of course those are not the only reasons for my ANT kicking in, in general I hold a distrust of people that come off "religious" call it a personal bias... but if the person gives off a holy light every time they speak and all I can see on the outer surface is Good Deeds I immediately wonder just how dark and sinister that persons dark side really goes. We see it with Catholic priests and Jihad preaching extremists, the war on drugs and with cops who give money for firearms and with the people who build amusement parks in their yard etc. The brighter the light the darker the shadow. I am sorry that having this jaded outlook means that those people who are really left on this Earth full of truly sincere desires to help do good works without seeking any personal gain end up on my personal suspicious list so I apologize to anyone yourself included who I may have questioned in the past or simply avoided like the plague but best of luck to the all good ones out there.
    ~Sami Ibrahim

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenposoldier01 For This Useful Post:

Bob White (10-20-2013)

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Sami, I agree with much of what you say. I feel the exact same about people that state they are doing something for a service and use the money to benefit their own business. That's why we don't have a foundation where we give scholarships to students and then pay for their lessons with money we raised under the guise of charity. We have scholarships to some RFK children but we just let them come in we don't receive any money.
    The reason we are involved in Royal Family is that we believe in what they do. When I first went to the camp that we sponsor I did not know what to expect. What I discovered is that this program makes a difference in children's lives. While I thought I was making this great sacrifice by driving up to where the camp was I saw what the counselors and staff were doing and I felt convicted to do more. The results of these children receiving this week of unconditional kindness can make a fantastic difference.
    Respectfully,
    Bob White

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links