KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Playing with Thundering Hammers

Quote Originally Posted by blfycdq View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5puK3uFviSU

Regards,

Carl from Hot Atlanta
    No offense, but you really need to think about checking your oppenent's arm during the hammering portions of the technique. I would also think about your Outer Rim.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,309 Posts

The first move is not supposed to parry.
    Sean

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    No offense, but you really need to think about checking your oppenent's arm during the hammering portions of the technique. I would also think about your Outer Rim.

i was thinking the same thing... once your right arm makes contact with your opponent it should stay in contact.. or that is the way we do it

keep it up!!
    "The sacraed rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself, and can never be erased.""

Alexander Hamilton
    The Farmer Refuted (1775)

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,957 Times in 5,604 Posts

Question sir.

At what point to you account for the width of your attacker, and prevent a continuous attack?
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens." - Ed Parker Sr.

"It's much easier to quote, than to know." - Ron Chapél

www.MSUACF.com

Thanks

Who do you train with and who is your instructor?
    Thanks for posting the vid.
    Did you know that after your left-hand kidney strike, the left hand should ricochet clockwise to keep your opponent's head from rising up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Hey,

First thanks for your comment! Always fun to read what other people are thinking! I am going about checking my opponent's arm down in a different way. Fist, I will aplly the eye slice, and then I will hammer fist the groin. If his hands are still up, I will run.

In our school a check can be a strike. Thus, if you strike first and where it counts--this can be your check. The above gives a very satisfactory result and also helps one to flow more using more circular patterns.

Regards,
    Carl

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

At what point to you account for the width of your attacker, and prevent a continuous attack?

As soon as I apply the eye slice using my left hand. This is incorporated in my perry.

Regards,
    Carl

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

This is the Members in Motion forum, and seems over the last little bit people's manners have been slipping. The Members in Motion forum is for our members to share clips of themselves and for positive feedback only. If you wish to fully disect a technique you see here start a new thread in the kenpo general section. You may copy their link to that new topic with the permission of the original poster, if they do not wish you to use it in the new thread just link back to the original thread you found in it.

Lastly, only members can post clips of themselves. No one else is to be posting a clip of someone in this forum.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post
    This is the Members in Motion forum, and seems over the last little bit people's manners have been slipping. The Members in Motion forum is for our members to share clips of themselves and for positive feedback only. If you wish to fully disect a technique you see here start a new thread in the kenpo general section. You may copy their link to that new topic with the permission of the original poster, if they do not wish you to use it in the new thread just link back to the original thread you found in it.

Lastly, only members can post clips of themselves. No one else is to be posting a clip of someone in this forum.
    Got it. Didn't know.
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

www.MSUACF.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Got it. Didn't know.
    This was not directed at any one person. And the same rules apply in every Members in Motion thread. It takesa lot of guts for someone to share clips of themselves and for them to be tore down on what they have shared can be very disheartening.

The same goes for the thread with the 9 clips of SL4. people should not be trying top tear down what they see, positive questions are encouraged, positive feedback more than encouraged, but let the negativity reside elsewhere.

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

This was not directed at any one person. And the same rules apply in every Members in Motion thread. It takesa lot of guts for someone to share clips of themselves and for them to be tore down on what they have shared can be very disheartening.

The same goes for the thread with the 9 clips of SL4. people should not be trying top tear down what they see, positive questions are encouraged, positive feedback more than encouraged, but let the negativity reside elsewhere.
    Of course I did ask a question.

www.MSUACF.com

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael151 View Post
    Did you know that after your left-hand kidney strike, the left hand should ricochet clockwise to keep your opponent's head from rising up?
    That's the AKKI method anyway. I don't believe the original technique was written with it there (not to say it was never inserted). I'll check my old manual tonight, or someone else can chime in.

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

I don't think anyone was harsh or disrespectful in their reply, or anyone's "manners are slipping" . I checked the sticky before I posted and it says "Some friendly critisism is always welcome, but no one wants to be torn to shreads." I just gave some things to think about and he can either take them or not. No one is bashing him. Carl posts many vids and is great for putting them out there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I don't think anyone was harsh or disrespectful in their reply, or anyone's "manners are slipping" . I checked the sticky before I posted and it says "Some friendly critisism is always welcome, but no one wants to be torn to shreads." I just gave some things to think about and he can either take them or not. No one is bashing him. Carl posts many vids and is great for putting them out there.
    As I stated in this thread, it isnot just this thread. People have been making more and more critical comments in the Members in Motion Forum. I would have made yet another comment in the Stickied thread but it always seems to be ignored so I chose to use a thread that I knew people where posting in to make sure peple keep playing nicely. This thread has been very tame so far, but a few of the recent ones have had some serious debate and that is not what this section of kenpoTalk is for.

Thanks

Carl, keep up the good work. It's great to see someone posting their stuff. I would love to join the frey, but, I don't have the technology, or the permission from my higher-ups. I can't wait to be "shredded", lol!
    Road Runner, I'll see you in a couple of days. It's going to be an awesome camp!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael151 View Post
    Road Runner, I'll see you in a couple of days. It's going to be an awesome camp!
    See you there!

Thanks

Thanks for posting your clips.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 664 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoChanger View Post
    The first move is not supposed to parry.
    Sean
    I have see some students at seminars use a parry block. Some will actually execute the parry block and the reverse hammerfist/ridgehand at the same time as the blitz in on a 45 angle. I guess it depends on the opponent and what you are looking to accomplish (and if you one is talking about "true" EPAK. )

Again thanks for sharing. Great job.
    "You can't account for everything, but you should account for the reasonably probable. Unfortunately for the unknowledgeable, those never ending 'what if's' will choke your thought process to death with useless information." - Doc

"To hold and fill to overflowing is not as good as to stop in time. Sharpen a knife-edge to its very sharpest, and the edge will not last long." – Loa Tzu

www.cromwellmartialarts.com
    www.BrianAselton.org
    www.hundredclubofct.org

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links