Thread: Blasting Elbows -Outside a Right Punch

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Default Blasting Elbows -Outside a Right Punch

Thanks

Default Re: Blasting Elbows -Outside a Right Punch

Interesting. It's like the beginnings to Flashing Wings, Dance of Death and Sleeper put together.

Who is in the video? Is it you, Carl, or did you just find it?

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 4,374 Times in 1,427 Posts

The Blasting Elbows I learned was more like the beginning of Flashing Wings, grafted to the end of leaping crane. It's good to see some TAI on the web; I like the use of torsion-momentum at the waist, and it's almost vanished from mainstream AK.

D.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Question Re: Blasting Elbows -Outside a Right Punch

We do not have this technique in Sam-Pai Kenpo. So this is just asking some questions So that I know how your Kenpo works. The first strike in this technique we call a blocking vertical check. The question is after the blocking vertical check you strike with a inward elbow you are in a neutral bow why not a forward? After you hit with the low reverse chop to his groin you said on the street I would do this, then you hit with the inside of your elbow we use this strike we call it a inner elbow strike.The question is if you would do that on the street why not in class?
    "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else, YOU are the one who gets burned."
    Buddha.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Nice! Thanks for posting the clip! I like any technque with elbows!

I saw an excellent example of "rounding the corners" following the back knuckle strike prior to the ridge hand to the groin.

I do have a question though. Do you have an extension or way to address what happens if the attacker reacts to the elbow and back knuckle by bringing their punching arm back to their body and assuming a more "protective posture." I've observed this often occurs when someone takes a good shot to the ribs. Would you simply circumvent the arm and still go for the ridge hand while trapping the arm with your left hand? What if your hand or arm became trapped by this action while attempting the ridge hand?
    ...just thought I'd open it up for more discussion and am interested in your approach to these variables.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Hey Amy,

It is me! And you are right, this technique is a mix. I am doing a high strike to the neck because my groing strike failed to achieve the desired result. Thus, one has to make opportunities. Any how it is a fun and flowing technique.

Chow for now,
    Carl from Hot Atlanta!

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

We do not have this technique in Sam-Pai Kenpo. So this is just asking some questions So that I know how your Kenpo works. The first strike in this technique we call a blocking vertical check. The question is after the blocking vertical check you strike with a inward elbow you are in a neutral bow why not a forward? After you hit with the low reverse chop to his groin you said on the street I would do this, then you hit with the inside of your elbow we use this strike we call it a inner elbow strike.The question is if you would do that on the street why not in class?

Hmmm....Good questions. First, why not use a forward bow when striking with my inward elbow? Well, you could if you were willing to slow down the technique so that you could deploy a more powerful strike to the ribs. However, contemplate how powerful a strike can be by just using marriage of gravity and a little rotational torque. I have found that the later works very well and allows me to move faster, hit almost as hard and strike my opponent's targets incorporating a flowing type of rythem.

Your last question regarding,
    After you hit with the low reverse chop to his groin you said on the street I would do this, then you hit with the inside of your elbow we use this strike we call it a inner elbow strike.The question is if you would do that on the street why not in class?

Hmmm....You could deploy this strike in class, however, I did not want this strike deployed on me by Mr. Landers. That is why I did what I did!!!

Thanks for the questions and insight, you have an eye for detail and I like that!

Regards,
    Carl

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Talking Re: Blasting Elbows -Outside a Right Punch

Quote Originally Posted by blfycdq View Post
    However, contemplate how powerful a strike can be by just using marriage of gravity and a little rotational torque.
    Thank you for your strong and valid answers, hope to hear and see more soon
    "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else, YOU are the one who gets burned."
    Buddha.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Thanks for posting it.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links