Thread: The Anvil

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Default The Anvil

Hello,

The below link is for a technique called the "Anvil." This is for a two hand front, straight grab. Enjoy!

Best Regards,
    Carl from Atlanta, Ga

http://media.putfile.com/The-Anvil

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default Re: The Anvil

The clip looks good, and welcome to KenpoTalk.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Thanks....

it was 4 years ago......

Enjoyed your "Whirling Warriors" clip. I like doing a right hooking eagle beak to the short ribs followed by my right elbow as I step through with the right foot. As I turn and unwind, I allow my backfist to strike the same area for a 1,2,3 effect prior to the take down and follow up strikes.

Are you familar with various Tracy techniques? If so, what are your favorites? I enjoy, "The Rake" for a combination right/left punch? Have you heard of it?

Regards,
    Carl from Atlanta, Ga

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

I studied the Tracy's curriculum many years ago.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Welcome to the board. Nice clip BTW. I didn't know there were other Kenpo schools in Atlanta other than Robert Ray's schools. Did you study under him or in his schools? Anyway, we're down here in Macon. You should drop by some time.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for the invite! I trained under Ken McGuire who was located in Loganville, Ga in the early 90's. Ken had a Dojo in his back yard.

Ken was old school and the training involved would not have made it in a commercial facility. There were not kids or women, just adult men who wanted the realisom of pure Kenpo. He gave us all a gift, now it is my duty to cherish and develop this gift for the rest of my life.

I currently have a school running out of my house in Stone Mountain. You are welcome to visit anytime.

Best Regards,
    Carl

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blfycdq
    Hello,

Thanks for the invite! I trained under Ken McGuire who was located in Loganville, Ga in the early 90's. Ken had a Dojo in his back yard.

Ken was old school and the training involved would not have made it in a commercial facility. There were not kids or women, just adult men who wanted the realisom of pure Kenpo. He gave us all a gift, now it is my duty to cherish and develop this gift for the rest of my life.

I currently have a school running out of my house in Stone Mountain. You are welcome to visit anytime.

Best Regards,
    Carl
    Cool! Though we now have our own "commercial" facility, we also started out in a back yard and built our way up. My sifu used to do knuckle push ups on the concrete next to the swimming pool. LOL.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links