Thread: Technical issues

Thanks

Default Re: My clips

We need someone with info about how to turn a DVD into material that can be posted.

I have a DVD of katas and I don't know how to make it accessible. Any computer whizes out there who know?

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Thanks

You should be able to play your DVD on your computer, just open the movie in a small screen. Then open Windows media player or if you have a better program for viewing movies on the PC use that. Use the rip file option in the media player and save the file you want in a folder and then post it. I donít know how big of a file we can post here? I am looking to find some one that is familiar with Acid Music studio 6.0. I just got it and I am learning to use it to make remix mp3 songs, but I am having a little trouble getting started.
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

Thanks

Sounds like we need a technology how to forum

Orrrrr.... <shameless plug> Visit BuffaloIT.com</shameless plus> by going to the drop down menu at the upper right hand corner.
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2004hemi
    You should be able to play your DVD on your computer, just open the movie in a small screen. Then open Windows media player or if you have a better program for viewing movies on the PC use that. Use the rip file option in the media player and save the file you want in a folder and then post it. I donít know how big of a file we can post here?
    I think I'm missing something. My Windows media player appears only to play CDs. This is a dvd. I use InterVideo DVD to play it, but I don't know how to do anything from there.

Suggestions?

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey

Thanks

Hmm I was a little unsure how to do it so I asked my IT guy here at work. This is how he put it to me. He said use the video program to play the DVD movie. Then open WMP (media player) to rip the video file that you want. I just popped in a DVD here at work and media player does not seem to give me the option to rip the video portion just the audio. I will work on this tomorrow at home and see if I need a plug in to make it work. That and the computers here at work are so old I think dvd x copy will work if media player will not. Iím sorry I posted the solution before I tried it myself. I trust our IT guy and figured he knew what he was talking about. It looks like in this instance we I was mistaken. But I will work on finding a way to do it, I just never had a reason rip a movie clip I am always making MP3 CDís with 100 to 160 songs on each.
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

Thanks

I used one of the compression programs and all it seemed to do was compress the audio part. I went to play it back and there was no video. It's a .avi file. Any suggestions?

I"m trying it again.

--Amy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default Technical issues

If you are having problems with sharing your clips please post it here, and someone should be able to help you out.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

Default Re: Technical issues

Theres a M$ plugin for media player on XP that allows it to play dvd's I think. I'm on 2000 so can't test that out. I'll see what info I can put up tonight.
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

Thanks

Default Re: Technical issues

I finally finally finally got a decent recording of forms 5 & 6, along with some other cool stuff that I wanted to share, I finalized the DVD from the camcorder and put it in my computer to play.

I wanted to rip, compress and post. The DVD plays fine in a stand alone, but won't play on the computer and the program says there is an error when I try to rip it. I also can't copy it to my computer directly because it says it can't read it. I have a ton of great stuff on that DVD. Any suggestions?

--Amy

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links