Thread: Pills Guaranteed to Increase MPG

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Pills Guaranteed to Increase MPG

I just found out about this. No joke they're called MPG Caps and the company guarantees at least 7% to 14% increase in your car's MPG. Although my friends that told me about it said they've seen much bigger increases. My one friend's girl drives a Jeep SUV that was getting 10 MPG and her MPG went up to 17 MPG. They only cost $2 a peice and most cars only need 1/2 to 3/4. I've ordered some and I'll let you know how they work on my car.

You can get them and find out more here. http://www.gaseconomyusa.myffi.biz

Here's a clip where they talk about them on CNN.

Let me know if you've tried them and how they worked for you.

_Don Flatt

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

Default Re: Pills Guaranteed to Increase MPG

Personally, I'm skeptical. I've seen the Mythbusters episode where they debunk a number of gas-booster ideas, including using magnets, etc.
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Personally, I'm skeptical. I've seen the Mythbusters episode where they debunk a number of gas-booster ideas, including using magnets, etc.
    I love mythbusters - I think I saw that show.

Yeah. It sounds too good to be true. I wouldn't even try it if not for the friends that told me about it. I've known them for years and they're trustworthy. Their experience with this product has prompted me to try it. I'm not to worried because if I'm not happy with the results the guarantee says I can send them back and get all my money back minus shipping. If it does work!! I bought a bunch and I'll be selling these things on ebay!

_Don Flatt

Thanks
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,069 Posts

From watching the video explanation, it sounds like it might be simply lowering the octane of the fuel. I don't where you get your fuel, but lower octane is cheaper here, I don't need an additive for it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DavidCC For This Useful Post:

John M. La Tourrette (03-26-2007)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

Want some fun?
    Then go to google and type in "Joe Cell".

Then can go to joecell on yahoo groups.

Have fun.
    Dr. John M. La Tourrette

Thanks

YAMLMS - Yet another Multi Level Marketing scheme.

OK - putting my mechanical engineering hat on...

(1) Advanced engines do not have fire escaping through their exhaust manifold. Current ignition systems, in closed loop operation with the O2 sensor throw timed and multiple sparks to make sure of complete combustion. Additionally, the amount of gas from the fuel injectors will match the amount of oxygen being lead in.

(2) During open loop operation, such as full throttle or upon just starting the car, the computer uses a built in table and sensors to determine the amount of gas let the injectors release. Extra gas is released at full throttle, this is used to cool the incoming charge and keep detonation from happening (and can cause flames to be seen leaving the block/ and possibly tailpipe on some cars). If you are concerned about your mileage at full throttle, just don't drive full throttle.

I would be concerned with anything that claims to burn fuel more completely. Octane rating is basically how difficult gas is to ignite. The higher the octane, the harder it is to ignite, adn can thus be used in higher compression situations. Anything that goes the other way can risk igniting the fuel prematurely, called detonation. This is bad for your engine. If you drive a rotary engine car, detonation will kill it instantly.

http://www.chiefengineer.org/content...ntent/2517.htm
    http://fuelsaving.info/ffi.htm

Honestly, if you want better mileage, stop driving SUV's and get an economical car. That I guarantee will save you gas.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Thanks J-Squared for sharing your expertise. The articles you shared were interesting particularly the 2nd one. I'm no expert by any means but I do know that experts live in a land of theory and the real world is not always the same. My only concern is what works in the real world not what should or shouldn't theoretically. I respect all the experts opinions including Jerry Lang who is favorable to the MPG caps. But just because he said they work or you say they don't means less to me then the experiences my friends are sharing about it. So my plan is to test it on my own cars. I have an older 1993 pathfinder - I've always reset the trip odometer every time I fill it - as long as I've owned it's always gone about 280 miles between fill ups. My wife's minivan is a 2004 and calculates avg fuel efficiency with the computer. If I'm not pleased with the results after 3 tanks for each car - the pills are going back and I'm getting my money back! I will be saving reciepts and tracking exact mileage. When I'm done I'll share my results.

Here are some of the results from the some News shows independent testing.

_Don Flatt

Thanks

Don, there may be some benefit to the pill cleaning out the fuel system. In your first video posted, they use an older Chevrolet Lumina and say it is getting 22MPG highway, and after the pill it was getting 30. My mother in law had a Lumina and always got 30mpg, but it was maintained well. What they did not do in the unscientific test in the story are:

(1) Run a cleaner through the engine first, and then check the mileage. Perhaps the pill did the job of an intake system cleaner. You might even try that yourself, before using the pill, run a system cleaner through and check the mileage afterwards. Then use the pill and see if the pill really makes a difference.

(2) They did not check the mileage of the car after several tanks without the pills after having used the pills. Does the mileage drop back down to 22? If so maybe there is something to it, if not maybe it's a decent engine cleaner.

In general, anytime someone says an additive "coats" this or that makes me nervous. Because if it can coat the combustion chamber then it can coat the fuel lines, fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel injectors...

New link on a competitive product http://www.khou.com/news/state/stori....4f3091e7.html

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J-squared
    (1) Run a cleaner through the engine first, and then check the mileage. Perhaps the pill did the job of an intake system cleaner. You might even try that yourself, before using the pill, run a system cleaner through and check the mileage afterwards. Then use the pill and see if the pill really makes a difference.
    Good suggestion - I don't want to invest that much effort in the event it doesn't work. As an alternative I'm going to share some with some of the guys that I work with that keep immaculate cars & trucks as well as farm machinery. I work for a ready mix concrete plant, most of these drivers, mechanics, & operating engineers take their vehicle care to the extreme. I'll give some to the mechanic to try. I'll give some to the batch man & the other dispatcher who is the son of a local racing legend. If it works for those guys I'll be staisfied it isn't just a cleaning effect.

((2) They did not check the mileage of the car after several tanks without the pills after having used the pills. Does the mileage drop back down to 22? If so maybe there is something to it, if not maybe it's a decent engine cleaner.
    Again, a great test idea. If the pills pass my initial testing - I'll send you some to try this test if you don't mind.

(In general, anytime someone says an additive "coats" this or that makes me nervous. Because if it can coat the combustion chamber then it can coat the fuel lines, fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel injectors...
    Again, I don't know that much but since I'm considering investing in the product I've read the materials extesively on the web site I mentioned before. http://www.gaseconomyusa.com In there they say the coating of the cylinder happens during combustion and the fuel is merely a vehicle to convey the chemical that becomes the catalyst with heat to the cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidcc
    From watching the video explanation, it sounds like it might be simply lowering the octane of the fuel. I don't where you get your fuel, but lower octane is cheaper here, I don't need an additive for it.
    From reading the claims of FFI on that site they said that the MPG Caps boosted the octane not lowered it.

This will be interesting to find out if these things actually work!

_Don Flatt

Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Thanks

Sorry but after paying over $20K for an SUV, I'm not risking the engine with a $2 wunder-seekrut that no one knows about (except the ones profiting off it)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Kaur View Post
    Sorry but after paying over $20K for an SUV, I'm not risking the engine with a $2 wunder-seekrut that no one knows about (except the ones profiting off it)
    That was one of the first things I asked because what good is it if it destroys your car. I was told that the MPG Caps are EPA certified and that the EPA certification doesn't mean that the EPA certifies the capsules for the MPG claims it does certify the product is approved for use in Motor Vehicles and will not damage vehicles and therefore manufactures can not void warranties based on it's use.

I'll should be getting my pills today or tomorrow - I'll let you all know how they work on my cars and on those I give them to. If they don't work I'll be the 1st won to say don't buy them - if they do I'll give my thumbs up.

_Don Flatt

Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Thanks

Fingers crossed. Hope it works out well!

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

J-Squared posted some real good articles before that stated the best scientific test for engine performance is a dynamometer. The thing in question was why doesn't FFI run a dynamometer test to prove their claims as anything else could be disputed as a result of possible contributing factors contributing to varying mileage- ie different weather, driving conditions, etc. I have to express my thanks to J-Squared because his thoughtful posts and useful links prompted me to search the matter deeper. In doing so I discovered a report of a dynamometer test that was done with FFI MPG Caps January 29, 2007. Now, I'm pretty excited to try this product. The results were off the chart, it seems FFI was being conservative with the 7% to 14% because with the dynamometer the FFI Caps used 30% less fuel for both deisel and unleaded engines at the same torque and rpm over the untreated control. You can view the report and see the printouts of the dynamometer at http://gaseconomyusa.com/dynamometer.pdf
    I'll check back in a few weeks with the results of my personal testing.

_Don Flatt

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links