Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Canadians!

  1. #1
    Brivolution is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kelowna
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Canadians!

    Hey Canadians!

    Just wanted to meet anyone else from Canada. I'm from Kelowna, BC, family of course, is from Japan (my mother's side of the family, however, is from the Vancouver area...Japanese...Vancouver...you do the math). I just turned 19 years old...a student taking Audio Engineering and training in Kenpo in my spare time. I'm also a politically-driven musician trying to start an alternative-political-punk or "REVOLUTION ROCK" band.

    Since I love discussing global and domestic issues and the likes, what do you Canadians feel about the current situation in Canada? Do you think this country is going in a good direction?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 337 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: Canadians!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brivolution View Post
    Since I love discussing global and domestic issues and the likes, what do you Canadians feel about the current situation in Canada? Do you think this country is going in a good direction?
    We pretty much keep it Kenpo here, and leave the politics to other, less friendly forums. But, since you asked:

    No, I don't think Canada is going in the right direction. You went north. Don't you know it's cold up there?

    Back a couple of centuries ago, many French Canadians had the good sense to move to Louisiana. That was sensible. Of course, that's how we got Cajuns, so I suppose you could argue the point about its' being good sense. But, that wouldn't be keeping it Kenpo, so I guess we'll just have to ponder that one to ourselves.

    Dan C
    There are things that are worth knowing for their own sake, worth finding for the pure joy of discovery.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cobourg ON
    Posts
    1,021
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Re: Canadians!

    so what are you rebelling against?

    the quicker parliament has a non-confidence vote, the better.

  4. #4
    execkenpo is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    601
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 103 Times in 69 Posts

    Default Re: Canadians!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brivolution View Post
    Hey Canadians!

    Just wanted to meet anyone else from Canada. I'm from Kelowna, BC, family of course, is from Japan (my mother's side of the family, however, is from the Vancouver area...Japanese...Vancouver...you do the math). I just turned 19 years old...a student taking Audio Engineering and training in Kenpo in my spare time. I'm also a politically-driven musician trying to start an alternative-political-punk or "REVOLUTION ROCK" band.

    Since I love discussing global and domestic issues and the likes, what do you Canadians feel about the current situation in Canada? Do you think this country is going in a good direction?
    Welcome to the forum!

    Now that we have a leader again we can get rid of the uber-conservative, bush loving, civil rights expunger currently living at 24 Sussex,,,unless of course he cuts funding to the electoral process.

    So that being said, how is your kenpo training? Are there a lot of options to study kenpo in Kelowna?

  5. #5
    Brivolution is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kelowna
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Re: Canadians!

    Quote Originally Posted by execkenpo View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

    Now that we have a leader again we can get rid of the uber-conservative, bush loving, civil rights expunger currently living at 24 Sussex,,,unless of course he cuts funding to the electoral process.

    So that being said, how is your kenpo training? Are there a lot of options to study kenpo in Kelowna?
    Thanks for the greetings!
    Avatar probably has around 5 students at our kelowna club, but the branch we opened up in Winfield has like 10. People here are more kickboxing-inclined or MMA-inclined, so our Kenpo program is really sinking

    I have my fight test for 2nd brown on the 27th, so I've been mostly training for that. I'm nervous as I can be because I'm having some troubles here.

    As for our new Liberal leader, I'm still iffy on Dion. He has no connections with Bay Street and the big business community, so I suspect that he could, hopefully, be part of the liberal left. If he re-sings the Security and Prosperity Initiative though, then he'll be an enemy in my sights To blackcatbonz, that is basically what I'm rebelling against (SPI, as well as unethical trade policies, unethical foreign policy, etc).

    And yes, the non-confidence vote is quite the nifty little thing....eh?
    "Courage, my friends. 'Tis not too late to build a better world." - Tommy Douglas

  6. #6
    execkenpo is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    601
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 103 Times in 69 Posts

    Smile Re: Canadians!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brivolution View Post
    Thanks for the greetings!
    Avatar probably has around 5 students at our kelowna club, but the branch we opened up in Winfield has like 10. People here are more kickboxing-inclined or MMA-inclined, so our Kenpo program is really sinking

    I have my fight test for 2nd brown on the 27th, so I've been mostly training for that. I'm nervous as I can be because I'm having some troubles here.

    As for our new Liberal leader, I'm still iffy on Dion. He has no connections with Bay Street and the big business community, so I suspect that he could, hopefully, be part of the liberal left. If he re-sings the Security and Prosperity Initiative though, then he'll be an enemy in my sights To blackcatbonz, that is basically what I'm rebelling against (SPI, as well as unethical trade policies, unethical foreign policy, etc).

    And yes, the non-confidence vote is quite the nifty little thing....eh?
    I wouldn't be too worried about the fight test. You've made it this far . It's a shame there isn't more interest in the kenpo programme. I think that the interest in MMA will wane eventually. Hopefully your kenpo school will survive until then.

    As for Dion, he has expressed a serious attitude toward the environment. I don't have a problem with Bay Street, but given what I do I might not be totally objective here.

    Wonder what the US would have done by now if they had the non-confidence vote?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cobourg ON
    Posts
    1,021
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Re: Canadians!

    I dont think MP's have a great track record for listening to their constituents.
    They cite poll results when they are in their favour and pretend they don't exist otherwise.
    What is an election platform, besides the thing you stand on while begging for votes?

    As for the test.....just give it your all.

  8. #8
    youngbraveheart is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Default Re: Canadians!

    I ought to tell my wife to read this thread to learn about what's happening in Canada. She's from Vancouver, B.C. Of course, the only news that she gets (if any news about Canada) is from her family whenever they call. (We were up in Vancouver this summer. BC is just as beautiful as ever. Crossing the border into BC from Washington was a pain, but I guess in a way it's no different than the time you have to spend going through security at the airport (after 9/11).)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Canadians!!
    By Shodan in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 11:00 AM