Thread: PS3 Violence

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Default PS3 Violence

What's wrong with people? In the last 24 hours since the Play Station 3 went on sale (for the ridiculous amount of $600) there have already been stabbings and shootings because of it.

I suggest if you're planning on standing in line for one, that you be prepared to defend yourself!!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: PS3 Violence

Just crazy. It is a game people. I guess I have never been into the lemming mentality.
    More Shugyo!

Thanks

People are nuts, when the x box 360 came out sure I wanted one. But I didn’t stand in line for a week.

I did jump on the band wagon and bought one of the first generation systems with in the first 3 months that the 360 came out. I knew better but wanted one none the less. And I ended up getting one with the dreaded over heating issue. I bet the first PS3’s will have problems also.
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

There was a shooting at the Walmart in Putnam which is only a 15 minute drive from where I live. All this for a game system? I just makes no sense to me...
    "Fear is the true opiate of combat."

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Hmm...interesting advertising could come from this...

Be prepared for the next game console release--study KENPO
    Study Kenpo with the "Parking-lot Fighting Champion of the World"
    Our Kenpo studio bought the first PS3 console sold in our town!

"He who hesitates...meditates in the horizontal position!"
    - Mr. Edmund K. Parker Sr.

You should follow me on twitter here.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Its a freakin game system!!!

Sony is responsible for most of this BS. They have been hyping this for 2 years, there is no way they do not have enough of them. But it is more profitable to release a small number to drive up the demand. Sony should be held responsible with large fines for the excessive pain in the ASS the have caused law enforcements officers.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

It was bad enough when the X Box 360 came out. I worked at best buy at the time of it's initial release. I was spared working the day of its release. However for weeks after I was bombarded with phone calls, and customers wanting to know if we had any more in. The phone calls were just a nuicence. The customers drove me nuts. Posted plain as day in BIG BOLD LETTERS was a sign saying we were all out and not getting any more in the foreseable future.

I though that was bad... this PS3 violence is just, well it saddens me more than you might think.

Locally we had a Game Stop robbed for thir PS3's. Riots, and people being assulated and mugged in lines.

It's such an ugly example of how screwed up our society has become. We have people harming one another just to be the first with the latest and greatest technology.

*sigh* some days I wish there was a giant mirror to hold up and have society take a good hard look at itself.
    Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Thanks

Cool Re: PS3 Violence

Quote Originally Posted by thesensei View Post

Be prepared for the next game console release--study KENPO
    Study Kenpo with the "Parking-lot Fighting Champion of the World"
    Our Kenpo studio bought the first PS3 console sold in our town!
    Sign me up! As I really need to sharpen my Mortal Wombat skills.

Is this any worse than the kids killing one another over Air Jordan's a few years ago? Or parents pummelling one another over Furby's or Cabbage Patch Kids or Beany Babies in the recent past? There will always be some new, Flavor of the Month Must-Have gizmo for our spoiled kids in today's society. This is really a pretty profound statement on the state of our society and what is important to the average kid. Where are the values they should be learning? So although you jest, about the Ad Campaign, it's actually a pretty smart idea. IF this idea were fleshed out a bit, it could probably be a winning ad campaign for many of us. Afterall, what parent could, in good concience, choose Vice City morals over Kenpo Discipline ? Just something to think about.

As to the "Shortage" of systems ? That has largely to do with Sony's decision to include the blue ray technology. It's a fact that there isn't enough supply in the pipelines for this portion of the unit at this time. Perhaps they should have opted to wait for greater availibility of the hardware.....and allow MSoft n Nintendo to jump them?

That said? I'mma go play Zork instead. So if anyone needs me? I'll be frotzing a grue in some dark corner.

*...wry grin from the uncrowned King of Obscure References...*
    NEW and IMPROVED Non-Chunky Version!

[SIGPIC]http://www.angelfire.com/wa/dangerusskenpo[/SIGPIC]

I only know enough, to understand how much I don't know

http://www.angelfire.com/wa/dangerusskenpo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

In tonights edition of my local newspaper. It has 3 brothers who camped out to buy the PS3. One store in the city was getting 3 so these 3 boys wer the fisrt in line to buy after camping out since tuesday after school. With taxes they are $700.00 here. Each brother bought one in the hopes of selling it for big $$$. The oldest is 19, the middle child 16 and the last one 12 yrs old.

First off where the hell are their parents, 19 yrs old lives at home and goes to the local college, the middle child should have been in school and the same goes for the 12yr old. The parents need a smack upside the back of the head for letting their children miss school to buy a video game system.

Secondly, where does a 12 yrs come up with $700.00 he can plunk down on a video game system. Agagin the parents need a smack in the head.

What really cheeses me off is the 12 yr old will probably end up working in the nursing home I am eventually committed to, and he will have the attention span of a fruit fly.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post
    Its a freakin game system!!!

Sony is responsible for most of this BS. They have been hyping this for 2 years, there is no way they do not have enough of them. But it is more profitable to release a small number to drive up the demand. Sony should be held responsible with large fines for the excessive pain in the ASS the have caused law enforcements officers.
    I'm actually surprised no attorney's have jumped on this. They must already be in Sony's pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad
    In tonights edition of my local newspaper. It has 3 brothers who camped out to buy the PS3. One store in the city was getting 3 so these 3 boys wer the fisrt in line to buy after camping out since tuesday after school. With taxes they are $700.00 here. Each brother bought one in the hopes of selling it for big $$$. The oldest is 19, the middle child 16 and the last one 12 yrs old.

First off where the hell are their parents, 19 yrs old lives at home and goes to the local college, the middle child should have been in school and the same goes for the 12yr old. The parents need a smack upside the back of the head for letting their children miss school to buy a video game system.

Secondly, where does a 12 yrs come up with $700.00 he can plunk down on a video game system. Agagin the parents need a smack in the head.

What really cheeses me off is the 12 yr old will probably end up working in the nursing home I am eventually committed to, and he will have the attention span of a fruit fly.
    You and I are 100% on this one. The parents should be flogged with a 2 x 4.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post

I couldn't agree more!! The priorities in our society are SOOOO screwed up these days!.. Hey I admit it...I spent a lot of lunch money in my youth playing Pac Man and such. But the games these days are so different and all absorbing. Heck the other day I saw a cable show where a bunch of gamers were sitting around rating the hottest video game vixen. WAKE UP people, these aren't even real felsh and blood, just a bunch of code and one and zeroes! Heck, I could understand it more if they were out prowling the streets for actual women!

Put down the controllers and pick up a REAL baseball, or football or skateboard. Hit the soccer field or the dojo, for chrissakes just turn off the !@#$%#$@@! TV!!

Sorry...my rant and personal pet peeve.

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Wii is much cooler, besides as a human being. Killing or shoot some one else for what they have,color,beliefs is just plain stupid.

Dont get me wrong, I could understand if your hungrey or cold or your children are, but over a gaming system.

a sad day in human relationships.

Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Thanks

The violence isn't largely over a game, it's over a chance to make serious cash scalping them online.

PS3 systems are going for US$2500-3000 on eBay.

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NickName99 View Post
    Wii is much cooler, besides as a human being. Killing or shoot some one else for what they have,color,beliefs is just plain stupid.

Dont get me wrong, I could understand if your hungrey or cold or your children are, but over a gaming system.

a sad day in human relationships.
    If I decide to buy on of the systems it will be the Wii. My son wants the PS3 but I think I'd take the Wii over it....
    "Fear is the true opiate of combat."

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Im a big kid, my kids play xbox and nick jr.com
    The wife and I play mainly the xbox, but the Wii will be a revolutionary new way to game. Get off the couch and start to play the Wii!

Thanks

How about just "get off the couch!"

I'm an avid gamer. I admit it...I'm a geek, nerd, whatever....
    I go to the geek-nerd conventions too and I always wonder why, if all these other geek-nerds want so badly to be the heros they're all dressed up as...why they don't get off the couch and do something about it? Do any one of them think that Captain Kirk or Batman just sat around reading comic books and playing games and that's how they got such an athletic build and ability to whupp butt!?!?!

I allow time for gaming...but when it's time to hit the gym...I hit the gym.

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Kaur View Post
    The violence isn't largely over a game, it's over a chance to make serious cash scalping them online.

PS3 systems are going for US$2500-3000 on eBay.
    That is just plain ridiculous. I didn't pay that for my wife's vehicle!

Once upon a time I used to game. I had a PS2. I traded off the dang thing because I got tired having an excuse to sit in front of the TV. Problem solved. Generations of people have had plenty of fun withouth the TV or the "lastest" game system. My family and I are contemplating getting rid of the TV right now, as well. We don't have cable (never will) and don't really see a need for it.
    "Change is not necessary...Survival is not mandatory" - W. Edward Deming

"When I hit....I hit the whole enchilada" - Master David Leung

John Brewer is offline Starting Over
    Thanks

Two kids were arrested locally for pepper spraying a guy and taking two PS3's. Of course maybe he deserved it as he was meeting them at a McDonalds at like midnight. SAD

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links