Thread: protect yourself during the holiday shopping se

Thanks

Default protect yourself during the holiday shopping se

Well the dreaded Christmas holiday is getting closer by the day and effectively shorting the amount of shopping days left. I know things get crazy during that time as people are so preoccupied with what to by everyone on your list. And mad that some idiot just cut you off, and took your great parking place. We tend to forget that the criminal element is well aware of that fact the most peoples minds are a million miles away from situational awareness.

Myself I would rather get a tooth drilled than fight the crowds shopping but it is inevitable, I will find myself in the mayhem. I tend to carry a 6 in one screwdriver in my back pocket as a precautionary measure. Never know when some bad person may run up and try to take a bag full of goodies I might have in my hand. I also tend to keep most stuff in my left hand leaving my strong side/ right hand free to block if need be.

What if any are some of the little extra steps do you take to be more careful during the holiday season?

Last edited by hemi; 11-05-2006 at 02:06 PM.
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Default Re: protect yourself during the holiday shopping se

Good reminder.

Be aware as always.
    I almost always have my truck key firmly held between my thumb and pointer finger when heading to the parking lot. It has a nice pointy end.
    If you're shopping at multiple locations, keep your previous shopping in the trunk.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Ė Charles A. Beard

sigung86 is offline In Memory of our Departed Friend
    Wright City, Missouri, United States, 113653311978716, Wright City, Missouri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 729 Posts

Do about 99.999% of my shopping via internet. Avoid the Mall Mutants, the Mall Goobers/Soccer Moms/Dads, and that ilk. Don't have to worry about bad guys, carrying keys in my fingers, or that kind of stuff. That way, if I go to the mall, I can sit and watch the rest of the masses beating on each other and rolling over each other.

Thanks

I am always afraid of loosing track of one of my kids while I am looking at something else. My girls are young and energetic. And, they are use to living in a tiny town where we know everyone. They don't seem to have a sense of stranger danger, cause we don't see too many of them. I tend to pay the money for a sitter when I know a store will be crowded, besides most of the stuff I buy for Christmas is for my kids anyhow, so it's best not to have them present at the time of purchase.
    There is nothing so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.
    Unquestionably man has his will - but woman has her way! - Bruce Lee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angel View Post
    I am always afraid of loosing track of one of my kids while I am looking at something else. My girls are young and energetic. And, they are use to living in a tiny town where we know everyone. They don't seem to have a sense of stranger danger, cause we don't see too many of them. I tend to pay the money for a sitter when I know a store will be crowded, besides most of the stuff I buy for Christmas is for my kids anyhow, so it's best not to have them present at the time of purchase.

I totally understand that, my oldest soon to be 14 and thinks she's 28. Every time we go to the mall or my favorite place Shepplers she wants to just run off by herself. Iím just not comfortable sending her off alone. And as everyone knows the stores are way past packed near Christmas. And like you said you can loose track of the kids real easy.

On the other hand going alone to the mall on Christmas Eve after Iím all done shopping is sometimes fun. Kind of like a spectator sport watching all the crazy desperate people run franticly around. LMAO
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2004hemi View Post
    I totally understand that, my oldest soon to be 14 and thinks she's 28. Every time we go to the mall or my favorite place Shepplers she wants to just run off by herself. Iím just not comfortable sending her off alone. And as everyone knows the stores are way past packed near Christmas. And like you said you can loose track of the kids real easy.

On the other hand going alone to the mall on Christmas Eve after Iím all done shopping is sometimes fun. Kind of like a spectator sport watching all the crazy desperate people run franticly around. LMAO

I have a daughter that age. We are studying Kenpo together! i still want to be close in the mall but she should be able to give herself a few seconds before I get over there. She does not go alone.
    Hands on Healer

"If you can not be King be a healer."

"The hands of the King are the hands of a healer"

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links