Thread: I am looking for opinions of the ladies of KT

Thanks

Default I am looking for opinions of the ladies of KT

I am looking for opinions of the ladies of KT. If your not yet 40, will be soon or have seen 40 come and go here is my question.

Here in the not so distant future (April) my better half will be turning the big 40! I am thinking it would be fun to throw her a surprise party for her 40th B day. I will have to round up some of her friends and many live scattered all over the place but it would be worth it to show her a good time.

What do you ladies think, would you rather have a big hoopla party with friends and family. Or would you rather more or less let that day just kind of sneak by with out much notice, just a cake and maybe a night out, with out the kids.

I know when I turned 30 I was a downer for me, turning 40 (still a few years away for me haha) will no Iím sure be less pleasant for me anyway.

So what do yaíll think?

And yes she would kill me if she knew I posted this so if you donít hear from me ever again, she found out LMAO
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

Thanks

Default Re: I am looking for opinions of the ladies of KT

Well, does your wife LIKE parties?

I think you can't really go wrong with one. I'm frighteningly close to it myself and I think a party would be fun.

For me though, I don't care about turning 40. I didn't care when I turned 30 either.

I'm not dead and that makes any age a good age for me.

I had a surprise party when I was 28 and I was thrilled.

So, I'd say that if she likes parties and is not one who hates to be reminded of her age or birthday, then absolutely do it.

I hope that helps.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Ceicei is offline Knowledge Seeker
    Thanks

I'm 40. I never was one for parties anyway, but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy having friends gathered around. I love having friends with me, I just simply don't want to be the center of attention. I had a small family gathering, then later on, a date with my husband to my favorite restaurant (without the kids).

Now if your wife likes being with friends, and enjoys attending various social gatherings/parties, then she probably will enjoy a surprise birthday party. If she is the type that would rather not go to events, then perhaps a cozy quiet one with just family or maybe a date with just you may be right for her.

And then again, 40 is a milestone..... I've been told by many I'm over the hill. I reply, "Yep! Full speed ahead downward!!! Just get out of my way!"

- Ceicei
    Studying martial arts is for life, not for the color of the belt.

Thanks

When my mom turned 38 my dad threw her a surprise 40th birthday party. A bunch of people turned out, and my dad convinced everyone she was 40. She had a lot of fun, and when she really turned 40, no one believed her. It was so funny, and she took it really well, and it was one of the most memorable experiances of a lifetime for all involved.
    There is nothing so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.
    Unquestionably man has his will - but woman has her way! - Bruce Lee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angel View Post
    When my mom turned 38 my dad threw her a surprise 40th birthday party.

Thatís hilarious LMAO

Thanks ladies for the comments keep them coming itís interesting to see how everyone looks at turning 40.
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links