Thread: Kenpo and Home Improvement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Default Kenpo and Home Improvement

At this point in my life I can say with 100% certainty that I make Tim the Tool-Man Taylor look like a competent genius.

So, here I am putting up some blinds in my new house. I'm standing on a two foot tall step stool and thinking to myself, I probably should have shoes on...naw...I'll be fine. It was about that time that I slipped. DOH! Luckily, years of training paid off. Instinctively I tucked my chin and spread my arms out so that when I collided with the floor I didn't bang my head and the force of the fall was well distributed across the top of my back and shoulders. Mick Foley would have been proud of the bump I took. LOL. Thanks God for all the times we practiced throws and falling properly eh?
    Unfortunately, the power drill I had been using to put the screws in for the blinds came down, bit first, and took a chunk of meat out of my side and bruised a rib!
    At least I fell properly. Oh well, I should be used to bruised ribs. After all, I do practice Kenpo! LOL Now, I just have to devise a defense against descending power drill attacks! LOL
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Kenpo and Home Improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler View Post
    At least I fell properly. Oh well, I should be used to bruised ribs. After all, I do practice Kenpo! LOL Now, I just have to devise a defense against descending power drill attacks! LOL
    Let me know what you come up with...........Not that I would ever need it....really I wouldn't.
    "Change is not necessary...Survival is not mandatory" - W. Edward Deming

"When I hit....I hit the whole enchilada" - Master David Leung

Thanks

Are you saying you got OWENED by a DeWalt? On the bright side at least you were not badly hurt. And you didn’t destroy a wall on the way down.

I have a bad habit of leaving my shoes in front of the door in the laundry room that leads to the garage. Well the other day my wife I guess caught her heel in one of my shoes and fell into the door. That caused the door handle to knock a big hole in the sheetrock. She is fine just a little embarrassed, and now she will be rubbing it in all weekend as I patch the hole, tape, texture, and paint that wall.
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

Thanks
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2004hemi View Post
    Well the other day my wife I guess caught her heel in one of my shoes and fell into the door. That caused the door handle to knock a big hole in the sheetrock. She is fine just a little embarrassed, and now she will be rubbing it in all weekend as I patch the hole, tape, texture, and paint that wall.
    Funny how wives have a way oif rubbing their own mistakes in on us.

I left a glass of water on my computer desk. My wife spilled it into the keyboard. By her logic, it was clearly my fault for leaving it there. 2 weeks later my wife left a glass of soda on the desk and I spilled it into the keybaord. By her logic, it was obviously my fault for being so clumsy.

I guess I just have to laugh at stuff like this... I'd rather deal with wife-logic than be single again LOL

and I bought her a laptop so she'd stay away from my computer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCC View Post
    I guess I just have to laugh at stuff like this... I'd rather deal with wife-logic than be single again LOL
    Amen to that brother, I am in no hurry to rejoin the dating scene. But in all honesty it was my fault and I have tripped over those shoes 100 times just never fell over. I e mailed her the next day at work and asked if I needed to call 911 and asked if she knocked a bigger hole in the wall. She e mailed back no this time she knocked the whole Damn wall down. LMAO
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

I've been there CC back when I installed satellite dishes there where several time when I was almost to the top of the ladder and the wind would pick up catch the dish. That would lead to me and the ladder fallinig backwards, I made many a successful breakfall into a quick roll to avoid the falling ladder while protecting the LNB of the dish. Get well soon.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,137 Times in 1,484 Posts

good thing you weren't using a big old spade bit in that drill... yow!
    Michael

de gustibus non disputante est.
    Negative Douche Bag Number One

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flying crane View Post
    good thing you weren't using a big old spade bit in that drill... yow!

Or the 22 inch concrete bit I used to used for going all the way through walls. Could have made Crippler-Ka-Bobs
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Thanks

I left a glass of water on my computer desk. My wife spilled it into the keyboard. By her logic, it was clearly my fault for leaving it there. 2 weeks later my wife left a glass of soda on the desk and I spilled it into the keybaord. By her logic, it was obviously my fault for being so clumsy.
    I'm sorry; I'm not seeing the problem here. The logic makes complete and total sense. Your wife is a logical woman.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post
    Or the 22 inch concrete bit I used to used for going all the way through walls. Could have made Crippler-Ka-Bobs
    That would have been bad. Very Bad.
    "Change is not necessary...Survival is not mandatory" - W. Edward Deming

"When I hit....I hit the whole enchilada" - Master David Leung

Thanks

Funny how wives have a way oif rubbing their own mistakes in on us.

and I bought her a laptop so she'd stay away from my computer.
    That is a familiar story, and I have the laptop!
    There is nothing so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.
    Unquestionably man has his will - but woman has her way! - Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,069 Posts

Adapt and overcome...

She got ahold of that book "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" and I've never felt so manipulated in my entire life. I love every minute of it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post
    No kidding! The philips head bit did quite enough damage.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Now, I just have to devise a defense against descending power drill attacks! LOL
    Yeah, then you have to categorize and name the technique. Would this be a rod or a storm attack?

Your best defense might be to convince your wife you need a new power screwdriver. They are lighter than a power drill and tend to fall battery/handle end first.

By the way, I've nominated you for the Darwin Award. No thanks necessary- you earned it, Bro!

Dan C

Thanks

Gee...thanks. LOL

Hey, what happened to me was nowhere as bad as the guy that tried to "wash himself" at the golf course with the ball cleaner. lol

Thanks

Gee...thanks. LOL

Hey, what happened to me was nowhere as bad as the guy that tried to "wash himself" at the golf course with the ball cleaner. lol
    :lol: Didn't say you were going to win!

And you can trust me about the power screwdriver. I've worked construction and maintenance all my life, and I've beat my tools to the ground more than once. But no one on site nominated me because they'd have been up for the award too.

Dan C

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links