Thread: How Far Do Recruiters Go?

Thanks

Default How Far Do Recruiters Go?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in692497.shtml

Recruiter actually told a kid to forge a high school diploma
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: How Far Do Recruiters Go?

Recruiters generally have a pretty bad rep. I've had one flat out lie to me about what options were available to me. When my dad was a drill-sergeant, he saw guys all the time that got screwed because what the recruiter promised them didn't line up with what their contract actually said. On the other hand, I've talked with some that were honest guys and were really concerned with helping people make the right choice. If I was in the military that is one job that I would definately NOT want.
    The test: "Will this work so that I can use it instinctively in vital combat against an opponent who is determined to prevent me from doing so, and who is striving to eliminate me by fair means or foul?" ~ Col. Rex Applegate

Matt K.

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

it is crappy, it is wrong, but recruiters not just from the army but fortune 500s and private comanies lie as well. Recruiters are just as bad peace time as they are war time. My recruiter was COMPLETELY honest with me when I joined peactime HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHA But when in the army it was kind of an ongoing joke about how truthful recuiters were.
    www.hunterskarate.com

"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."

- From the Lone Ranger's Creed

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

I've had my share of recruiters. The Monday after my high school graduation they called me. Too bad for them I was at work. I must have gotten 3 or 4 calls that summer from them. They just couldn't understand why I wanted to go to college instead of getting on a plane flying to some base in the middle of no where to have some guy yell at me and tell me I'm worthless. What I found even more annoying is they continued calling the summer after my first year of college. I try not to be rude to them as they are only doing their job, but still...
    Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

sifuroy is offline In Memory of our Departed Friend
    Thanks

Most reqruiters have a Quota and they try everything to meet it. Recruiting is one of the "Prize" Jobs in the services and they don't want to lose it.

My son Was a Navy Medical recruiter and tried to get new Doctors out of Medical school to join. Very hard to make their Quotas.

I Am Most Respectfully,
    Sifuroy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sifuroy For This Useful Post:

KenpoChanger (04-05-2007)

Thanks

Oh I could go on and on about how bad I got screwed over by my recruiter when I joined the Air Force. I was young and stupid when I joined and I followed the directions of my recruiter and left something off my enlistment app. It came back to haunt me in a big way 3 weeks into boot camp. But it all worked out and I was forgiven for not disclosing info and aloud to remain in the Air Force. After four years I choose to not reenlist and I have an honorable discharge.

But I can say from experience if you have a class C Misdemeanor on your record from back when you were 16 years old and it was sealed. The military will find out so you better disclose it up front. Even if told not to by a sorry recruiter.

But Im not out to discourage any one from joining the military, thanks to the training I got while in the military I landed the job I have now.
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Purple Belt
    Thanks

I have not had whole lot of problems with them. When my youngest boy graduated. They were sniffing around, and now that my oldest daughter is graduating this year. They are at it again. I have had one guy call a couple of times. Even after I told him she is'nt interested. He still calls. He even tried to question me over the phone. Asking if I discussed it with her. I made it as crystal as I could. That he is not to call my home again. I hope he accepts his defeat, and moves on. If not, I have no problem running up the chain of command. To lodge a formal complaint.

1stJohn1:9

Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 Times in 909 Posts

Can anybody show me one person that liked their recruiter after getting out of basic? I don't know any.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links