Thread: Getting Ticked Off

Thanks

Default Getting Ticked Off

I need some opinions if you will take the time to read all this. I am having problems I suspect with three teen age/high school age boys that live behind me. I say that I suspect them because I have had problems with them in the past. Iíll give a little more back ground on the situation. We moved into our house almost two years ago. Itís a nice subdivision with a HOA located in the ďCityĒ small town but still in the city. I am new to all that goes with living in the city as I grew up in the country so I am of a mind of handling my situation a little in the grey area. But anyway the family that lives directly behind me built their house about three months before I moved into my house. About a week after we moved in, my kids were in the back yard playing when they came in and told me the boys behind us were throwing CDís in our yard. Not at my kids but into our yard, so I just picked them up and threw them away. Boys will be boys no big deal but as a few days passed the kids started throwing golf balls into my yard. Again I let it go; I didnít want to make waves in my new neighborhood. Well then the kids started exiting their bedroom window on the second story of their house and running up and over the top of their house. I watched as they just about fell off the roof but this is none of my business so I said nothing. Then they started hitting golf balls off the roof and into my yard. I let that go, still didnít want to make waves. I also need to mention that they also have 5 small dogs in their yard that drive me crazy every time I go outside they bark and bark. And they get out all the time. Well one day the kids, I didnít see it happen but my fence was broken between their house and mine and the wood from the fence was in my yard and so was the golf ball they hit. Long story short I made a trip around the block to knock on their door. All three cars were there and no one would come to the door. I left a note and explained that I was more than a little unhappy about their kids tearing up my fence hitting golf balls, and that their dogs were out more than they were in. I was tired of going behind them picking up landmines. If they did not keep them in I was calling animal control. (Wife threw a fit when I wanted to use my hog trap)

Anyway long story short I ended up flagging down the dog catcher as he drove by. He saw their dogs out and they ended up with 4 or five tickets LMAO. Had no other problems with them for about the last six months. Now two weeks ago construction finally finished on out new swimming pool. Every thing was fine until yesterday I came home to find both of my lounge chairs in the pool. I know it was not wind as a small table sat between the chairs and I had a coke can as an ash tray on the table. Never touched and I found foot prints in the fresh dirt around the side of the decking where the chairs sit. I am not 100% sure it was those kids but I strongly suspect them Ė two of them anyway, 2 sets of tracks.
    So I being from the country if you want to keep vermin out you use an electric fence. I am strongly thinking of going to Tractor Supply Co. and buying what I need to build an electric fence around the top of my wood fence in the back. Just place the wire about 3Ē down on the inside of my fence. That way if they reach over to grab hold and try and climb over, they will only do it once. I am also looking at installing a network Camera out there to record video of who ever it is. But those things are expensive.

Anyway I am just asking what have or would any of you do. Keep in mind the police have been out twice and nothing became of that.
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Getting Ticked Off

My Dad is an ex-cop and is having similar problems and ended up getting a video camera. You have to catch them on your property.

Continue to report every incident.
    More Shugyo!

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Yes try a video camera or one of those motion activated hunting cameras. I would also think about posting a no tresspassing signs just so they are forwarned before you cath them on a camera. Also what is the age of the kids and have you talked to the parents?

How come the ashtray was on the table? I thought you quit smoking.
    Heart is the differance between those who attempt and those who achieve.

Train hard.... pain is weakness leaving the body.

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Have you tied practicing your breaking techniques in your back yard where they can see you?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

I know it's tempting but don't wire your fence. You are asking for a lawsuit and you would lose. I personally feel you have every right to do so but the courts won't see it that way. Catching them in the act is your best bet and keep a record of every event. Take a day off, but make sure your vehicles are not in the drive so that they think you're not home. Play it smart and make sure they take the fall and not you!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Ė Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Kenpobldr---- (With a crappy grin on my face), yes I’m still working on quitting.

dcastiglione -- LOL well I have been practicing with sticks and chucks on the back porch in plain view of there house. But honestly I only do it after dark.

Celtic_Crippler--- I’m with you on that, it might be legal but I don’t think a judge would like it to much. That’s the only reason it’s not already done. I have a camera I am taking home from work but I can't hook it up. It needs cat five lines and I don’t have my back porch wired yet. The rest of the house is just not in the back yard. You read my mind on the staying home idea; I have a few days off next week. Bad thing is even if I catch them I can’t practice Kenpo on them, I think they are all under 18, some where between 14 and 17
    Last edited by hemi; 08-25-2006 at 06:39 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2004hemi
    ...my kids were in the back yard playing when they came in and told me the boys behind us were throwing CDís in our yard. ... I just picked them up and threw them away.... a few days passed the kids started throwing golf balls into my yard. Again I let it go;...the kids started exiting their bedroom window on the second story of their house ... Then they started hitting golf balls off the roof and into my yard. I let that go,... they also have 5 small dogs in their yard that drive me crazy every time I go outside they bark and bark. And they get out all the time. Well one day the kids, I didnít see it happen but my fence was broken between their house and mine... I made a trip around the block to knock on their door. All three cars were there and no one would come to the door.
    Apeasment neeeever works, whether with terrorists or the neighbors terrors. You're doing the right thing now by keeping the heat on them.

So I being from the country if you want to keep vermin out you use an electric fence. I am strongly thinking of going to Tractor Supply Co. and buying what I need to build an electric fence around the top of my wood fence in the back.
    I had a neighbor that did this once. Cops almost hauled him away, and no one was even zapped yet. It's illegal- as are booby traps (even benign types), viscious dogs, weed burners and hidden barbed wire and just about any other good things you might want to import from the country.

I am also looking at installing a network Camera out there to record video of who ever it is. But those things are expensive.
    Probably your best bet. Hide it well, though. Or put a dummy camera where they can see it and cut some wires to it so they think they are invisable still. The real one, of course, gets 'em. Maybe bait them in with a bright colored new lawn umbrella or something.

Also, keep a camera handy so that when you see them on the roof you can get them hitting golf balls at your yard- especially if your kids are out there. Or catch them doing anything that endangers others person or property.

As for the dogs, start feeding them discreetly. Get some trimmings from a local butcher. Deer season is aproaching- you know what that does to a dogs constitution! If they let them in the house, just before bedtime should do the trick.If not, any time you want.

What about your other neighbors? They must be having problems also. Talk to them and see if they want to help, or work with you to try to stop this. Especially logging complaints with the police.

WIsh you luck!

Thanks

is there anything stopping you from physically arresting them yourself and calling the police when you catch them in the act? (citizens arrest?)
    or maybe bring them in your house and scare the crap out of them.

Thanks

I donít know about detaining them, which could lead to legal trouble or if one of them did something stupid like throw a punch. I am not out to whoop any one I just want to be left alone and not have to deal with BS. I asked my neighbor on the right side about the electric fence idea; he is a cop in the next town over Mesquite. He said ďhe didnít think it was illegal but probably not a good idea. I also showed him the foot prints and gave him the run down on what happened. He works nights so heís home during the day. Maybe he will help keep an eye out. I also put up the camera that I brought home from work with a little bit of cat 5 to make it look like itís hooked up just until I can buy a wireless cam.

As for the neighbors having problems not really but the only neighbors I know are the ones on my street in front of my house. My back yard backs up to about 4 other properties but I really donít know those people. Turns out I got real lucky most everyone on my street lived in the sticks before moving here. We all get along real well makes it great on Saturday nights sitting in the drive all night

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

You should take up skeet shooting in your back yard.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Ė Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Keep reporting everything, that ways there is a record of everything. A wireless camera is probably your best bet. Since they are under 18 a citizens arrest could be a very tricky legality.

I think that discreetly "feeding" the dogs is a wonderful idea.
    "Change is not necessary...Survival is not mandatory" - W. Edward Deming

"When I hit....I hit the whole enchilada" - Master David Leung

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Hands off would be the best approach. If you can catch them with cameras it would be the safest thign for you as far as legal ramifications go. Also, create the paper trail and report everything to the local / municipal police.
    "Fear is the true opiate of combat."

Thanks

I just thought of something. If you had a dog who liked to jump the fence; especially if he were a "dangerous" animal, an electric wire would be the only way to keep him contained. Works for containment, works for keeping retards out of the yard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael151
    electric wire works for keeping retards out of the yard.
    Sorry had to take your quote out of context but it's funny. That was my first idea but on the advice of many I chose no to go that route

sigung86 is offline In Memory of our Departed Friend
    Wright City, Missouri, United States, 113653311978716, Wright City, Missouri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 729 Posts

Being a salty old crust like I am, I suggest Claymores with the business ends pointed towards their house.

Actually, I feel your pain. I live in a rural area that is fast becoming a suburb. Most of my neighbors are cool, but the one directly to my left moved out from the city. He had his construction people run their heavy machinery over my property so it wouldn't mess his up. I finally went over one day and told all of them that if they did it again, I would have them arrested for trespassing, and would be sure to stop by the jail and laugh.

One of the workers had a large shovel in his hand. He got a little angry, mumbled something to me about, "You're gonna be a $hi**y neighbor", and moved in my general direction.

Being old and frail, I took it as a threatening gesture. I simply squared on the four of them and told them that they didn't really want to go there, 'cause someone was gonna end up at the emergency room getting a shovelectomy".

Since then the only real problem has been the unending, ever changing vista of old junk cars and trucks that he continuously moves in and out of his property. But, what the hey! At least it's not a tedious vista.

Wish I had some sage advise, but living in the country as I do, most of my solutions are ones you've already thought of, no doubt. Unless you buy a VietNamese Pig and keep it in the back yard.

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Nip it in the bud. Go talk to the kids, tell them to stay out of your yard. They think it is a joke, you have to convince them it is not a joke. The first couple times they threw golf balls in your yard and you did nothing, they learned they can treat your yard that way. If you would have went over there the first day, it doubt it would have happened again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sigung86 View Post
    Being a salty old crust like I am, I suggest Claymores with the business ends pointed towards their house.

LMAO, thatís scary how much we think alike. A little something to go boom, a little bit of plywood, some ball bearings and a trip, well you know lol.

As of right now I have had no more problems with them I think the dummy cam must be working.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

[quote=sigung86;27127]Being a salty old crust like I am, I suggest Claymores with the business ends pointed towards their house.

quote]

Again Mr. Farmer dishes out the best advice.

Then again you could use a payphone and tell the police that the peopel are running a meth lab in their place. It won't stop them disturbing but you will always smirk everytime you look at their place.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links