Thread: A beginning and an end....

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Purple Belt
    Thanks

Default A beginning and an end....

Tonight, I witnessed the beginning and the end of this precious blessing we are given called "Life". I watched as the fragile layers of the eggshell were broken away. Steadily, little pieces were forced away over time and we waited, wide eyed and in wonder as a baby duck valiantly pecked itself out into the world. It is something I have never experienced before and I found myself a little emotional as the tiny bird finally was freed of the egg and lifted it's little head to see the world outside the shell for the first time. Welcome to the world little guy!! Seeing your birth is something I will remember forever!!

Later tonight, I stood outside with very little to say as my neighbor freshly grieved the loss of his Dad who had just died and was laying beneath a sheet just inside his house. Sometimes silence is better than words......and just being there to listen. I listened as he told us he didn't get to say good-bye to his Dad......and how he wished he could go fishing with him, just one more time. Also how his Dad had so much more he said he wanted to teach his son. I hardly knew these people and yet, I could relate on some basic human level and I cried with him-- I think all of us standing there did. I just came inside, now that the coroner has arrived-- didn't think I could handle that part of the process and none of us were strong enough to go inside to help the wife grieve while the husband was still there under the sheet. I could have done more- but then again....I think I did all I could. Good bye neighbor. I'm glad you are finally free of the pain you had to live your later years in.

What a day. As I drove home tonight and saw the fire engine and ambulance in front of my house....I thought the worst. By the time I saw that in fact they weren't at MY house, I was shaking and it took me awhile to shake that off. Thank God, it wasn't one of mine.

Life is so precious-- live it to it's fullest.
    OUR NEW SCHOOL WEBPAGE IS:
    Sacramento Kenpo Karate

If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.

~Captain Jack Sparrow~

You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?

~Captain Jack Sparrow~

Thanks

Default Re: A beginning and an end....

Makes you think and apprecaite the time you have left.

I am going through a "loss" as well so to speak. My marriage of 14 years is breaking apart and my wife took my 3 children 800 miles away from me.

Forcing me to follow, quit my job, life as I knew it, kenpo studio all to start my life over again at 37. I am still in this process, living alone in a big house that used to hold 5 people and a dog. Now its just me and the 4 walls.

Appreciate those around you, cherish the time you have with your children, I am also finding myself saying "I wish I had done more with them."

It is very easy to get caught up in life and miss the big picture.

I task you all to do something nice for your spouse and children tonight and be glad they are in your daily lives.

Take care, God bless.

Full Salute,

Martin Seck
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

I too understand what you must be feeling. Last night one of my family members passed away. She was very sick and of the First Born Church so she could not go to the doctor to get the help she needed. Her closest family members took care of her and watched her slowly die of her illness. At least now she is free of the pain.

John Brewer is offline Starting Over
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan
    Tonight, I witnessed the beginning and the end of this precious blessing we are given called "Life". I watched as the fragile layers of the eggshell were broken away. Steadily, little pieces were forced away over time and we waited, wide eyed and in wonder as a baby duck valiantly pecked itself out into the world. It is something I have never experienced before and I found myself a little emotional as the tiny bird finally was freed of the egg and lifted it's little head to see the world outside the shell for the first time. Welcome to the world little guy!! Seeing your birth is something I will remember forever!!

Later tonight, I stood outside with very little to say as my neighbor freshly grieved the loss of his Dad who had just died and was laying beneath a sheet just inside his house. Sometimes silence is better than words......and just being there to listen. I listened as he told us he didn't get to say good-bye to his Dad......and how he wished he could go fishing with him, just one more time. Also how his Dad had so much more he said he wanted to teach his son. I hardly knew these people and yet, I could relate on some basic human level and I cried with him-- I think all of us standing there did. I just came inside, now that the coroner has arrived-- didn't think I could handle that part of the process and none of us were strong enough to go inside to help the wife grieve while the husband was still there under the sheet. I could have done more- but then again....I think I did all I could. Good bye neighbor. I'm glad you are finally free of the pain you had to live your later years in.

What a day. As I drove home tonight and saw the fire engine and ambulance in front of my house....I thought the worst. By the time I saw that in fact they weren't at MY house, I was shaking and it took me awhile to shake that off. Thank God, it wasn't one of mine.

In one night to witness the miracle of life and the great sadness we feel when we lose somone, even when you don't know them well. I commend you on the ability to not only express your joy and loss but to comment on them in a public forum.

Salute!

John Brewer is offline Starting Over
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katsudo_karate
    Makes you think and apprecaite the time you have left.

I am going through a "loss" as well so to speak. My marriage of 14 years is breaking apart and my wife took my 3 children 800 miles away from me.

Forcing me to follow, quit my job, life as I knew it, kenpo studio all to start my life over again at 37. I am still in this process, living alone in a big house that used to hold 5 people and a dog. Now its just me and the 4 walls.

Appreciate those around you, cherish the time you have with your children, I am also finding myself saying "I wish I had done more with them."

I task you all to do something nice for your spouse and children tonight and be glad they are in your daily lives.

Take care, God bless.

Full Salute,

Martin Seck
    I feel for your loss sir. My first wife left me with my step-daughter in my twenties and even though it took quite some time I am now remarried and learned much from the experience. If I can help in any way contact me as I'm sure any on this forum would be glad to help also.

Take Care and God Bless,

John

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Life is something that is very finite and hard to hold. People that we love and cherish and times that we spend with them are like a passing your hand through a vapor. You feel it, see it and react to it but never truly hold it. Appreciate and cherish the time that you are given. Life will always be filled with afterthoughts and regrets, things that we feel that we should have done or wish that we had not. This is the human condition.

It is this condition that binds us allows to feel the pain and sadness of those around us. It makes no difference whether we have known them all our lives or for just a few brief moments. Like the ripples in the pond, we interact with with those around because our lives are intertwined.

I feel for the loss of your neighbor and rejoice in the joy that you were able to witness the miracle of lifes beginning. These are some of the many things that we carry and are able to share with our fellow man.
    "Change is not necessary...Survival is not mandatory" - W. Edward Deming

"When I hit....I hit the whole enchilada" - Master David Leung

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Purple Belt
    Thanks

Thanks for the much appreciated replies everyone.

Mr. Seck and Kristina-- I can't even imagine all you must be going thru right now with your respective losses. Stay strong friends. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Tara
    OUR NEW SCHOOL WEBPAGE IS:
    Sacramento Kenpo Karate

If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.

~Captain Jack Sparrow~

You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?

~Captain Jack Sparrow~

Thanks

My father went in to have a quad bypass in april. No one in my family, even my father thought he was going to come out of the surgery due to other medical complications.
    He was in the hospital for 3 weeks leading up to the surgery with congestive heart failure......it was hard to go and see him because all of us including him thought he was a dead man walking.
    I never wanted to be one of those people that regreted not saying the things they wanted to say or doing the things they wanted to do with the special people in their life.
    I make sure they know how I feel by taking every opportunity to tell them or show them.

Ceicei is offline Knowledge Seeker
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katsudo_karate

Take care, God bless.

Full Salute,

Martin Seck
    God bless you also with strength in your trials. Thank you for that suggestion.

- Ceicei
    Studying martial arts is for life, not for the color of the belt.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan
    Tonight, I witnessed the beginning and the end of this precious blessing we are given called "Life".
    This admonition is easily forgotten. Thank you for sharing your story and reminding us to count our blessings and to look at the storm for the silver lining.

- Ceici

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbonz
    I never wanted to be one of those people that regreted not saying the things they wanted to say or doing the things they wanted to do with the special people in their life.

I make sure they know how I feel by taking every opportunity to tell them or show them.
    And that should be something we ought to do on a daily basis... Thank you.

- Ceicei

Thanks

Thats it, everybody is getting hug - line it up now, chop chop!
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

Thanks

<stands here tapping his foot>

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links