Thread: Crazy thing that happened tonight

Thanks

Default Crazy thing that happened tonight

Wow I was out on my back covered patio grilling this after noon and a storm came up. We need the rain real bad so I was happy that it started a down pour. Well I had just flipped the burgers and dogs when I felt a crazy burst of wind and heard a loud cracking sound. That crack was two of my neighbor’s fences blowing over and apart. About that time I see the trampoline from the yard behind me fly up about 10 feet over the top of their two story house, I couldn’t tell where it landed as my view was blocked by another house. So I turned off the grill and jumped in the truck to make sure every one was ok after having a 15-18 foot trampoline drop out of the sky. It turned out it landed in this older couple’s driveway and had just missed their truck. Long story short I moved it out of their driveway and picked up all the springs that I could find. The people that own the trampoline were not home so they will have a surprise as two sides of their fence are down as well. Something to think about if you own a trampoline you may want to get a tie down. I never would have thought I would ever see a trampoline fly over a two story house. That was crazy and thank God it was not coming at me or my house.
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

Thanks
    Thanked 4,372 Times in 1,426 Posts

Default Re: Crazy thing that happened tonight

That's nuts, dude. I'm glad everybody's alright. Bet this stays in memory for a spell, no?
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Thanks

HOLY COW!!

Glad everyone is OK!

Thanks

Well if anyone is interested here is an update after talking to more of my neighbors. I guess one house two streets over from me got hit by lighting and caught on fire. The people that live across the street from me also had their fence blown over and a BBQ grill ended up in another neighbor’s yard. See what happens when I grill out LOL maybe I’ll let my wife cook tonight inside.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Would have been a heck of a ride if someone had been using it at the time!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2004hemi
    See what happens when I grill out LOL
    Imagine what might've happened if you'd be doing katas!

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong
    Imagine what might've happened if you'd be doing katas!

--Amy

Then I might have been shot since I might look like I was doing cheers after all the damage LMAO... Well I took some pictures of all the fences that are down but I am having a hard time resizing them to be under the forum limit. Maybe after class tonight I can try again I just don’t want to be late.

No it’s a good thing no one was on that thing when it took off. I don’t think they would have made 8.

Thanks

Here is a picture of my neighbors across the street.

This one is my neighbor on the left of me his fence was blown down as well. Also that is where the trampoline sat in that open area just on the other side of the broken fence. The house in the background it the one if flew over.

Here’s a better picture of the house it flew over the two story and the house on the right is where it landed in the drive way of.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Crazy. Must of been some serious wind with that storm. Almost sounds like a tornado! I'm not sure what the actual weight of a trampoline is, but I would think it would take some force to pick one up and send it over a 2 story house!!

......and you were grilling hamburgers and hotdogs during all this!?!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler
    Crazy. Must of been some serious wind with that storm. Almost sounds like a tornado! I'm not sure what the actual weight of a trampoline is, but I would think it would take some force to pick one up and send it over a 2 story house!!

......and you were grilling hamburgers and hotdogs during all this!?!
    Heck yeah I’m from TX nothing stops a BBQ. But in all seriousness it was windy and I was getting hit with mist from the hard rain as I was cooking. But when all hell broke loose it was calm and not real windy at all. I just saw my fence wobble real bad then I heard the crack of my neighbors fence slam down and break the fence post. And about that time the trampoline was airborne. And it all happened real fast like with in a few seconds. Then it was windy again and raining hard. I was more worried about lightning it was real close by and I hear it hit a house a few streets over. After I got back home (I went to make sure no one was hurt when the trampoline landed) I called my neighbor with the broken fence since he and his family are in Ca. Then I called my neighbor on the right and told him he might want to flip his trampoline over so wind didn’t pick it up and what had happened. He started laughing hysterically. He said his son Drew he’s 7 came running up stairs and yelling like crazy “Daddy daddy daddy I just saw a trampoline fly over a house” he said he didn’t believe him and started to get onto him for lying. But anyway I don’t think it was a tornado I have been through 2 in my life scared the crap out of me. This was nothing like either of those but I think it might have been a down burst. It would explain how the wind knocked down only parts of the fence in the area. And I could see how the wind could get under the trampoline and launch it.

In any case thank God no one was hurt fences can be replaced.

Little side note-- Thank God it didn't land in the pool i am having built.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links