Thread: Gas Grill Advice

Thanks

Default Gas Grill Advice

Ok I have a non martial arts related question. In the past I have used this for grilling/smoking meat.

smoker.jpg

But now I am a recent transplant to the city, well small town but still live in town. I donít have a lot of experience with gas grills. I bought a Charbroil grill and have been using it for the last few months. But I donít much care for this grill, and was hoping some of yaíll might have some suggestions. Iím looking for something free standing, around 24Ē to 32Ē and stainless cooking grates.
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Gas Grill Advice

we always have used charocal grills they cook really nice its gives it some of the smokey taste MMMMMM..... And it saves money beacuse you dont have to buy gas or propane What a hassel gas is big $$$$$$....... If i were you i would buy a charcoal grill
    Dustin Haskins

Purple Belt AKKI

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Gas Grill Advice

We have a Webber with a stainless grill. They can be expensive but they last longer and works better than any other grill that I have had. We grill all year even in a snow storm (I live in New England) so thats why we use gas over charcoal. I don't want to set up and wait for the coals to be ready.

Try cooking bacon on the grill. I place a flat griddle on the grills and fry it outside. The smell drives my neighbor nuts and best yet we don't get that greasy smell in the house.
    Heart is the differance between those who attempt and those who achieve.

Train hard.... pain is weakness leaving the body.

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Hemi,
    First, I see you're from Texas....The smoker you have is a great one, and is a must for any Texas household. I have an Oklahoma Joe Smoker and use it every weekend. I also have a CharBroil Gas grill, that I use pretty much every day. I also have a Webber kettle charcoal grill but I hardly ever use it. The trick to making a gas grill work for you is to cook those things that this type of grill is intended for. My gas grill is a 45,000 btu with cast Iron grates, 4 burner, and a side burner. It rocks!! I use it for steaks, chicken breasts, fajitas, and burgers and dogs, ears of corn, all veggies, and even pizza dough. Ribs, Brisket, and even half or hole chicken is best left for the smoker. There are also smoke boxes available for gas grills. Small metal boxes that you can put soaked wood chips in and they add hickory, mesquite, and fruit wood smoke to the grilled meat.

My sister and bro in law are die hard grillers as well. They always use thier webber Kettle and have always been against gas grills. This past memorial day, they came over, I used the gas grill, with mesquite chips, and they loved the grub. A debate over gas grills insued, and to make a long story short, my bro in law is about to get a new Charbroil for fathers day from my sister.

Here is a link to my Charbroil, I wouldn't trade it for any other gas grill, which, Ive used plenty of different ones over the years. This is the best one for the price I have ever had.

http://www.charbroil.com/consumerweb...463453206.aspx

Good Luck,
    Gary C.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalicombat
    Hemi,
    First, I see you're from Texas....The smoker you have is a great one, and is a must for any Texas household. I have an Oklahoma Joe Smoker and use it every weekend. I also have a CharBroil Gas grill, that I use pretty much every day. I also have a Webber kettle charcoal grill but I hardly ever use it. The trick to making a gas grill work for you is to cook those things that this type of grill is intended for. My gas grill is a 45,000 btu with cast Iron grates, 4 burner, and a side burner. It rocks!! I use it for steaks, chicken breasts, fajitas, and burgers and dogs, ears of corn, all veggies, and even pizza dough. Ribs, Brisket, and even half or hole chicken is best left for the smoker. There are also smoke boxes available for gas grills. Small metal boxes that you can put soaked wood chips in and they add hickory, mesquite, and fruit wood smoke to the grilled meat.

My sister and bro in law are die hard grillers as well. They always use thier webber Kettle and have always been against gas grills. This past memorial day, they came over, I used the gas grill, with mesquite chips, and they loved the grub. A debate over gas grills insued, and to make a long story short, my bro in law is about to get a new Charbroil for fathers day from my sister.

Here is a link to my Charbroil, I wouldn't trade it for any other gas grill, which, Ive used plenty of different ones over the years. This is the best one for the price I have ever had.

Good Luck,
    Gary C.
    That looks like the Char Broil grill I have minus the temp gage. I think I will have to try the wood box for the gas grill. Seems like even dumping BBQ sauce over the burner cover didnít season the grill, I miss that charcoal and smoke taste that I just donít get with my gas grill. I am to the point that I would rather cook inside in the oven than on the gas grill due to the plain taste of the gas grill. (yes I do most of the cooking Iím just better at it then my wife) I am looking at the Weber gas start charcoal grill they have at Home Depot. I gave my smoker away when I moved to the city didnít think I would need it since I donít have such easy access to Mesquite trees and not as much room. Itís a big change coming from 14 acres and a pasture full of large Mesquite trees to a city lot with no trees.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalicombat
    Hemi,

Good Luck,
    Gary C.

Your making me hungry. Can I come for dinner?
    Heart is the differance between those who attempt and those who achieve.

Train hard.... pain is weakness leaving the body.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

What about one of these? I thought you already owned one?http://www.kenpotalk.com/forum/attac...4&d=1147105132

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Kenpo
    What about one of these? I thought you already owned one?http://www.kenpotalk.com/forum/attac...4&d=1147105132

Well yeah I had to retire that grill with the Home Owner Association rules and all. LMAO, that reminds me have I said today how much I HATE my HOA, they are so uneducated in the ways of construction

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links