Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

    Default Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    From the Atlanta Journal & Constitution

    Ex-Marine fights off robbers, kills one

    Associated Press
    Published on: 05/30/06

    Police say a man trained as a Marine fought off five robbers as he walked home from a waiter's job in Midtown Atlanta, killing one person and injuring another.

    The man was attacked about 11 p.m. Monday on Penn Avenue as he walked home from the restaurant where he worked.


    Police say the man used to be a Marine.

    Det. Danny Stevens says neighbors heard the man calling for help and called 911. He says one of the robbers had a pistol and another a shotgun.

    The victim fought back with a knife and kicked the shotgun out of one of the suspect's hands.

    Police say a woman was prounced dead at a hospital; the other suspect is in critical condition.

    Police have not released the names of the suspects or the man who fought them off. They believe the five may have been involved in other robberies in the area.

    The Marine was released.

    Semper Fi!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Celtic_Crippler For This Useful Post:

    kwanli (04-25-2007)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Forney TX
    Posts
    1,068
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 83 Times in 55 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    I think he should be given a metal; its awesome to hear that anyone got over on a gang of thugs but even more so when its a Vet.
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

  4. #3
    jfarnsworth's Avatar
    jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Mansfield, Ohio
    Posts
    1,583
    Thanks
    178
    Thanked 393 Times in 265 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    He is a brave man and those idiots got what they deserved.

    Excellent story.

  5. #4
    junfan is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    France(Sin-Le-Noble)
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    Respect for this man who have fight against thugs with fireweapons

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    4,018
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked 913 Times in 561 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    That's a great story.

    It seems a little unusual that a woman would be part of a gang of thugs attacking people.

    Were they all women?

    I would've loved to see a clip of the fight in the members in motion section. That'd be something to see!

    --Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/


  7. #6
    jfarnsworth's Avatar
    jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Mansfield, Ohio
    Posts
    1,583
    Thanks
    178
    Thanked 393 Times in 265 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    She could be a significant other of one of the other meatheads.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    There are female gang members.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,270
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 113 Times in 95 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    Whhhhhhooooorrrrraaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    When I was in the JROTC in high school (wow its already been five years since I graduated) they showed us one of those Discovery Channel shows "The Making of a Marine." It showed everything including the self defense training. Let me tell you those guys do not fool around. They throw the opponent down and stom three times on their head with their foot. Ouch! It pretty pitiful that I only made it to Private First Class in there lol.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

    "Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"


    "Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

    "A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerkarate For This Useful Post:

    John M. La Tourrette (04-23-2007)

  11. #9
    sifuroy is offline In Memory of our Departed Friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,027
    Thanks
    958
    Thanked 444 Times in 304 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    Got what they deserved. girls running in gangs should expect that kind of treatment in they are involved. good for the Marine. Should get a Communiy service Medal.

    Iam most respectfully,
    sifuroy

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    Quote Originally Posted by amylong View Post
    It seems a little unusual that a woman would be part of a gang of thugs attacking people.--Amy
    Amy, Amy, Amy...

    You've not been where I've been.

    Devious creatures, many of them are.

    And some of them really do know how to run the "system".

    Ever hear of "divorce"?

    Ever hear the song "Crime of Passion" by Ricky Van Sheton?

    Dr. John M. La Tourrette

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    Quote Originally Posted by sifuroy View Post
    Got what they deserved. girls running in gangs should expect that kind of treatment in they are involved. good for the Marine. Should get a Communiy service Medal.

    Iam most respectfully,
    sifuroy
    I'm surprised it made the news release.

    It is installing "self-responsibility" and that is NOT something that the powers in charge want.

    Gees.

    I wonder what "they" want?

    Of course I am not 'totally correct'.

    Warmly,
    Dr. John M. La Tourrette

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

    kwanli (04-25-2007)

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    Quote Originally Posted by jfarnsworth View Post
    He is a brave man and those idiots got what they deserved.

    Excellent story.
    Yep.
    Too bad he couldn't have "kxllxd" them all!

    Gawd!

    I loved "Death Wish".

    Doc John

  16. #13
    Jarhead's Avatar
    Jarhead is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Antioch
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    Yut!
    Semper Fidelis

  17. #14
    jfarnsworth's Avatar
    jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Mansfield, Ohio
    Posts
    1,583
    Thanks
    178
    Thanked 393 Times in 265 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    We really need more people like this in our country. Let the thugs and others know we won't stand for this nonesense.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jfarnsworth For This Useful Post:

    Celtic_Crippler (04-24-2007),kwanli (04-25-2007),parkerkarate (04-25-2007)

  19. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    Quote Originally Posted by jfarnsworth View Post
    We really need more people like this in our country. Let the thugs and others know we won't stand for this nonesense.
    Amen to that! That's a major issue in this country; people aren't made to suffer the consequences of their actions. If they were, it'd be a little different I think.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

  20. #16
    kwanli is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    If we are self sufficent what do we need the government's protection for? Imagine if every person in America was trained well with real self-defense and carried a gun. "A armed society is a polite society" -unknown.
    We wouldn't need as many police telling us how to live our lives. The illegal searched would stop.
    Washington D.C. - In a 5-4 decision, the supreme court ruled in Hudson v. Michigan that evidence collected when police make illegal no-knock raids is admissible at trial. Centuries of common law- and court rulings as recent as 1995's Wilson v. Arkansas- insist ploice must announce themselves before entering a private home. By giving the occupants the chance to submit to a peaceful search, the knock-and-announce requirement is meant to avoid violence, property damage, and the danger posed to police if they are mistaken for intruders. The only consequence for illegal police entries was the exclusion of evidence gathered that way. Now, without actually overturning Wilson v. Arkansas, the Court has all but legalized unannounced paramilitary raids by negating the only punishment for them.- Playboy October 2006

    Kwanli

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to kwanli For This Useful Post:

    John M. La Tourrette (04-25-2007)

  22. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    4,018
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked 913 Times in 561 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    True. If I'd been to everywhere you've been, then chances are one of us is stalking the other.

    I keep forgetting how many nutjobs there are out there. I kinda like it that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by John M. La Tourrette View Post
    Amy, Amy, Amy...
    You've not been where I've been.
    Devious creatures, many of them are.
    And some of them really do know how to run the "system".
    Ever hear of "divorce"?
    Ever hear the song "Crime of Passion" by Ricky Van Sheton?
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/


  23. The Following User Says Thank You to amylong For This Useful Post:

    John M. La Tourrette (04-25-2007)

  24. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    Quote Originally Posted by amylong View Post
    True. If I'd been to everywhere you've been, then chances are one of us is stalking the other.

    I keep forgetting how many nutjobs there are out there. I kinda like it that way.
    I'm older, so I did the evil deed first (whatever it was), therefore you are stalking me.

    Quit it!;-)

    Dr. John M. La Tourrette

  25. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Real estate in 3 states
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    Quote Originally Posted by kwanli View Post
    If we are self sufficent what do we need the government's protection for? Imagine if every person in America was trained well with real self-defense and carried a gun. "A armed society is a polite society" -unknown.
    We wouldn't need as many police telling us how to live our lives. The illegal searched would stop.
    Washington D.C. - In a 5-4 decision, the supreme court ruled in Hudson v. Michigan that evidence collected when police make illegal no-knock raids is admissible at trial. Centuries of common law- and court rulings as recent as 1995's Wilson v. Arkansas- insist ploice must announce themselves before entering a private home. By giving the occupants the chance to submit to a peaceful search, the knock-and-announce requirement is meant to avoid violence, property damage, and the danger posed to police if they are mistaken for intruders. The only consequence for illegal police entries was the exclusion of evidence gathered that way. Now, without actually overturning Wilson v. Arkansas, the Court has all but legalized unannounced paramilitary raids by negating the only punishment for them.- Playboy October 2006

    Kwanli
    Yep.
    I really do think someone is after us.
    Doc John

  26. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    My own private Idaho
    Posts
    5,297
    Thanks
    4,906
    Thanked 3,585 Times in 2,191 Posts

    Default Re: Marine fights off robbery/kills one

    There's been enough stories of vets who were killed by punks after returning from the war zone that it's nice to see one go the right way.
    Be careful what you say, some may take it the wrong way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Some thoughts on the two kinds of fights, and some rambling
    By hemi in forum Hawaiian Kempo - General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2006, 04:11 PM