View Poll Results: Do you like Team Shamrock or Team Tito?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Most dangerous team! Definately!

4 26.67%
  • Tito all the way! Ken's too old.

7 46.67%
  • No opinion.

4 26.67%

Thread: Ultimate Fighter 3

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Default Ultimate Fighter 3

Which team do you think will win?
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Default Re: Ultimate Fighter 3

Team Punishment.

Tito treats his people better IMO. Shows them what is expected, trains with them but is humble enough to cook them dinner and show them he has a vested interested in them.

I don't like the way Shamrock coaches. I think it will overall have an effect on his team even if some of them are better fighters.

Salute,
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

I think Tito training his people harder is going to make a huge difference. I also think Shamrock made a mistake bringing in a stregnth coach and not a ground fighting coach.

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

I agree with all of the above.

I've been a Shamrock fan for a long time. The only thing is the way he is coaching I can't believe his team will win.

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

I went into this show thinking I would HATE Ortiz and liking Shamrock, turns out it has been the other way for me. Ortiz actually has a lot of heart and treats his guys like an investment while Shamrock has yet to come down off the mountain and "honor" his people.
    www.hunterskarate.com

"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."

- From the Lone Ranger's Creed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    I went into this show thinking I would HATE Ortiz and liking Shamrock, turns out it has been the other way for me. Ortiz actually has a lot of heart and treats his guys like an investment while Shamrock has yet to come down off the mountain and "honor" his people.
    I felt EXACTLY the same way. Amazing how we judged them both differently due to the media.

I am hoping at the end Tito beats Shamrock again.

Salute,
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

Thanks

I think shamrock's team is much better. Tito himself is too cocky. I am just waiting for him to get knocked out.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    You must of read my mind. After seeing several episodes it seems that Shamrock has lost touch with his roots and is caught up in the glory of his career. He is a horrible coach and is quickly loosing the respect of his team.
    Heart is the differance between those who attempt and those who achieve.

Train hard.... pain is weakness leaving the body.

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

i think that tito is pushing his team to the limits as far as cardio.. he has brought in GREAT COACHING unlike his counter part shamrock, who has brought in a bodybuilder. not to mention that shamrocks ground game isnt the best in the industry..

tito is coaching much much better than ken is. ken is leaving it up to the individuals to push them selfs.... i know im better when some one else is pushing me.. i give up way too easy if it is up to me at least i know this tito looks like he use to coach wrestling a little..

there is a lot of potentil on both sides..it is just which coach can bring every one to the next leavle..

my vote is tito!

Thanks

Is it just me or does Shamrock seem really lazy?
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler
    Is it just me or does Shamrock seem really lazy?
    Maybe he is like Yoda and only springs into action when he needs to.

PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katsudo_karate
    Maybe he is like Yoda and only springs into action when he needs to.

Maybe he's burned out and no longer cares.

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

I agree with everything that has arleady been said. Although I have great respect for both of the coaches for being accomplished fighters I've never been to fond of either of them, especially Tito. But my original opinions are starting to fade.

Thanks

Last night proved that Shamrock has lost it. He isn't training his guys well at all. He said lets watch some fight tapes and it was HIS old fights and you could see in his eyes his focus was on his old glory.

Tito gave his guy one pointer during the rounds and within 15 seconds of the 2nd KO'd the guy so bad when he woke up he asked "who won?".

I really think Tito's guys are going to sweep this and Tito is going to wipe Shamrock out when they fight next.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

I agree with all above posts Ken Shamrock was great in his day for that timeline of the UFC, but now he has dated training methods and little to offer but storys of past glorys.
    Tito does have an ego and I dont really care for him, he is by far the better trainer of the two.
    I dont expect the outcome of shamrock vs Ortiz any differant then last time.
    Some people should know when to retire I loved to watch Ken Shamrock fight, now I just feel bad for him.
    I hope Hoyce has a better return to the UFC then Ken did.
    Just another Lifelong student Walking the Endless journey of Kenpo.(and Loving it)

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

i think that Dana White summed it up last week when he said that ken is only in it to fight tito again...that hit the nail right on the head, and drove it in deep!!!

and he also said that tito is in it to teach the kids every thing that he knows...

i truly belive this... in my opinion you can see it...tito wants to see these kids do their best and trys to get the best ot of them..
    "The sacraed rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself, and can never be erased.""

Alexander Hamilton
    The Farmer Refuted (1775)

Thanks

Ken should have trained with Team Ortiz cause he got his yoo-hoo handed to him quicker that last time!! ROFL

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links