Thread: Every day carry

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Default Every day carry

Do you carry any self defense items? knives, gun, keychain, flashlights etc.

Thanks

Default Re: Every day carry

just my keys and a bic lighter.

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Just my hands and feet and everything else attached.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

I always have my kubaton with me.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Southwell
    Just my hands and feet and everything else attached.
    That is so hilarious Scott. I was going to say the same thing.....word for word.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    (Phillipians 4:13)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

My brain.

You see I can open the top of my skull, and scoop out gobs of brains to hurl into my attackers eyes...to blind them. You only use about 10% of your brain anyway..so I use the other 90% for self defense. It's true. Really.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler
    My brain.
    You see I can open the top of my skull, and scoop out gobs of brains to hurl into my attackers eyes...to blind them. You only use about 10% of your brain anyway..so I use the other 90% for self defense. It's true. Really.
    You know, somehow I do believe you...

Thanks

My brain.
    Rob, I've said this before and I'll say it again, "You are a serious GOOB!"

You crack me up though and that's a good thing.

I have a kubiton too. It used to have a cool knife that screwed into it, but I had to leave that part of it outside of a state building once and I forgot to pick it back up.

Mostly, I just carry around a big MEAN attitude. (okay, usually I'm freakishly smilie and friendly, but I'm really MEAN inside.)

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Just me spinach.

Thanks

Like Amy mentioned, ATTITUDE. Seriously, even as a women, no matter your size, if you carry youself with the right attitude, people don't mess with you.

Apparently, until he had a chance to really work with me, my store manager found me very intimidating. Im 5'4" and considered thin. Not a very imposing stature...but my attitude makes up for it

On hand are my keys (which has a block of chain mail on it), and for now my cell phone. Im about to give it the heave ho, so until I get my new one, ILl just throw it at someone
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gakusei
    Do you carry any self defense items? knives, gun, keychain, flashlights etc.
    I have been asked by many people why I do not carry a gun or knife with me and I always tell them when it comes down to it my hands with do all the work.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu
    Like Amy mentioned, ATTITUDE. Seriously, even as a women, no matter your size, if you carry youself with the right attitude, people don't mess with you.

Apparently, until he had a chance to really work with me, my store manager found me very intimidating. Im 5'4" and considered thin. Not a very imposing stature...but my attitude makes up for it

On hand are my keys (which has a block of chain mail on it), and for now my cell phone. Im about to give it the heave ho, so until I get my new one, ILl just throw it at someone
    Why do so many people find confidence so intimidating? Do that many people have serious self-esteem issues??!!?? It's crazy. I get it where I work. I'll be working on a special project with someone I've never worked directly with before and it never fails...they'll say, "You know...you're really nice. I always thought you were mean before I worked with you directly." What?! They don't know me so why would they make such an assumption? If you're not timid and out of shape that makes you mean??!?

I was taught to look someone in the eye when speaking to them. At the time it was considered proper etiquette. In todays' society of victims, it's viewed as intimidation. For crying out loud, in our last "Sexual Harassment" class (one held annually) we were told to avoid possible lawsuits or termination to not even look directly at the opposite sex at all (men at women or even women at men). I suppose we're all just better off, or at least safer staring at the floor all the time.

I could quite literally go into a long rant here but I will save you the suffering.. I won't subject you nice folks to me ranting about a pet peave, but I think it's ridiculous and sad that I live in the "United States of the Easily Offended and Timid"
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Why do so many people find confidence so intimidating? Do that many people have serious self-esteem issues??!!?? It's crazy. I get it where I work. I'll be working on a special project with someone I've never worked directly with before and it never fails...they'll say, "You know...you're really nice. I always thought you were mean before I worked with you directly." What?! They don't know me so why would they make such an assumption? If you're not timid and out of shape that makes you mean??!?

I was taught to look someone in the eye when speaking to them. At the time it was considered proper etiquette. In todays' society of victims, it's viewed as intimidation. For crying out loud, in our last "Sexual Harassment" class (one held annually) we were told to avoid possible lawsuits or termination to not even look directly at the opposite sex at all (men at women or even women at men). I suppose we're all just better off, or at least safer staring at the floor all the time.

I could quite literally go into a long rant here but I will save you the suffering.. I won't subject you nice folks to me ranting about a pet peave, but I think it's ridiculous and sad that I live in the "United States of the Easily Offended and Timid"
    I see where you are coming from on this one.
    But the reality is, in today's society i think more and more people are playing it safe to protect themselves.
    You never know who you might run into on the street, in a store, or at work.
    Ive worked in construction most of my life and that industry is filled with wanna be tough guys that seem to be looking for an excuse to fight with someone.

Maybe the girl in your office was sexually assaulted and she is intimidated by most men she meets, but instead of being a victim, she reports anything and everything untoward to her superiors in order to feel safe.

Confidence is a great thing, but so is healthy fear, it keeps you on toes.
    Unhealthy fear on the other hand can hinder and debilitate.

Thanks

...true, you'll never see an attacker coming if you're staring at the ground all the time.

Thanks

Celtic Crippler -- We can understand it in your case -- you're soooo scary-looking. And I think the growling tends to turn people off.

People are paranoid about the whole sexual harrassment thing. My brother made a comment to some customers at the grocery store that was funny and not particularly sexual, but by the time the girls (teenagers) told their moms, it became that way and my brother didn't get to defend himself. He was demoted and transferred. It was just wrong.

As far as attitude, I figure that with all the walking victims there are out there, a predator is not going to choose someone who looks like she'll fight back.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong
    Celtic Crippler -- We can understand it in your case -- you're soooo scary-looking. And I think the growling tends to turn people off.

People are paranoid about the whole sexual harrassment thing. My brother made a comment to some customers at the grocery store that was funny and not particularly sexual, but by the time the girls (teenagers) told their moms, it became that way and my brother didn't get to defend himself. He was demoted and transferred. It was just wrong.

As far as attitude, I figure that with all the walking victims there are out there, a predator is not going to choose someone who looks like she'll fight back.

--Amy
    That's exactly right. Predators look for people that DON'T look like they'll fight back......Sorry about your brother too. In today's work envirnoment you really have to keep all conversations professional. I don't dare even crack a joke as it might (probably would) offend somebody within earshot.

BTW, whaddya mean "scary looking?" I don't have horns sticking out of my forehead (I know because I edited them out using paint shop..lol)

Thanks

BTW, whaddya mean "scary looking?" I don't have horns sticking out of my forehead (I know because I edited them out using paint shop..lol)
    It's the bald head and chin hair. Quite intimidating. Little do they know what a big teddy bear you are.

If Katie isn't scared of you, then you can't be allll bad.

--Amy

Thanks

Well... I can't help the bald head too much. There ain't a whole lot up there any more. Guess I could buy a wig. I guess I could shave, but then I'd look like Uncle Fester. All I'd need was a light bulb. ROFL.

Thanks

Well... I can't help the bald head too much. There ain't a whole lot up there any more. Guess I could buy a wig. I guess I could shave, but then I'd look like Uncle Fester. All I'd need was a light bulb. ROFL.
    So the bald is all natural? I like bald. My dad is bald. He always said that 'some men use their testosterone to grow hair.'

You are so funny.

--Amy

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links