Thread: Tkd

Thanks

Default Tkd

Ummm, not too shore where to put this. But I just dropped my Tae Kwon Do class. Everything he was teaching was just for speed. If you were to actually try to use the stuff that he has been teaching on the street you would get the snot beat out of you. I am not saying anything about TKD but this guy has no clue of how thinngs should work. Nothing he has taught had back up mass or anything, the round house kick were fast I will give you that but if you were actually to usde it on somebody you would have to kick him in the head so you would brake your foot either way.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default Re: Tkd

Most TKD taught these days is WTF, which is geared for sport. Many TKD schools don't even try to teach Self Defense.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

You'll find most of them don't have a huge self defense backing. TKD lacks in self defense. Go on MT and they'll argue to death with you but I've seen it first hand. Although to their defense; just like any art you will always have your good instructors and bad alike.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parkerkarate
    But I just dropped my Tae Kwon Do class. Everything he was teaching was just for speed. If you were to actually try to use the stuff that he has been teaching on the street you would get the snot beat out of you.
    There are so many structural differences in TKD and EPAK, that they can hardly ever coincide. I think you made the right choice.

Jamie Seabrook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

I started out (way back when) in TKD. The principles behind what they do (at least what I was taught) would actually be more beneficial to your opponent if you tried to execute them in a self-defense oriented scenario than they would be to the defender!

That's Americanized TKD anyway. I think if you went to Korea it would look completely different. But, as my signature says...I've never been to Asia so I can't say for sure. LOL.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler
    I started out (way back when) in TKD. The principles behind what they do (at least what I was taught) would actually be more beneficial to your opponent if you tried to execute them in a self-defense oriented scenario than they would be to the defender!
    LOL!

Love it.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links