Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: kempo jitsu kai ?

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Thumbs up kempo jitsu kai ?

what are your thoughts on kempo jitsu kai?
    They do have some awesome clips on youtube!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,691 Times in 1,190 Posts

Default Re: kempo jitsu kai ?

Are you referring to this style? That might help others know what you are talking about if they aren't familiar with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1OGB...om=PL&index=13
    "For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer."

Romans 13:4

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Correct!
    as well as these sets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htU0S...eature=related

????

sigung86 is offline In Memory of our Departed Friend
    Wright City, Missouri, United States, 113653311978716, Wright City, Missouri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,404 Times in 728 Posts

No offense intended toward anyone, at all... However, it looks like another "rehash" of American Kenpo... And I spotted a couple of things that sort of make me wonder...

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: kempo jitsu kai ?

Quote Originally Posted by sigung86 View Post
    No offense intended toward anyone, at all... However, it looks like another "rehash" of American Kenpo... And I spotted a couple of things that sort of make me wonder...

i personally know 3 masters who left USSD, and 2 from EPAK, who crossed over to professor kimo's system.
    Trust me, there is "Fantasy" kempo, and there is real life-self defense/attacking training, and these guys are not about the "Fantasy" crap.
    (FYI... no, my master does not learn from Professor Kimo.)
    Myself, i love all kempo, i like Tatum,Mills, Speakman and his 5.0 innovations,Chapel,Planas, but i also see some techniques that i add/implement from SKK.

Blindside is offline student
    Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZW-N...eature=related

I challenge anyone to actually pull this off when a stick is being used with intent. Sticks don't stop because you block the end of the stick, they keep going.
    Pekiti Tirsia Kali and Kenpo Karate
    www.blackbirdmartialarts.com

He, who will not reason, is a bigot; he, who cannot, is a fool; and he, who dares not, is a slave.
    ~William Drummond

"This person is as dangerous as an IED."

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blindside For This Useful Post:

HKphooey (08-26-2015),MarkC (04-17-2009),sigung86 (04-17-2009)

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Not to stick (LOL) up for kempo jitsu kai, But professor kimo is ranked highly in Filipino Eskrima.
    Maybe you should email him that same statement???
    I admit, the beginning does appear to be "Shady".
    Rest of the technique isn't too bad, though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinmonkmark View Post
    Not to stick (LOL) up for kempo jitsu kai, But professor kimo is ranked highly in Filipino Eskrima.
    Unfortunately Mark... There are so many different brands of Kenpo out there now, what with all the first gen 10th Dans touting their brand of EPAK, then the more useful and admirable offshoots like SL-4 under Doc Chapél... Then all the folks who have taken some here, some there, etc... Making their own styles. And lest we forget, we have the more traditional Tracy stylists who, while relatively quiet on forums, are a methodology and strength all their own... Then we have all the political fallouts like myself, who suddenly became "Men" without a country or a cause, due to pissing someone off who has more red showing than we do, and can therefore swing a bigger stick in the organizations, but who with 40+ years of experience, don't see the need or have the disire to quit.

I guess what I'm saying is that no one is really putting your instructor or system down, but in the greater scheme of things, it is simply another flavor of Kenpo and not too much different from many others. You happen to be where you are due to luck or circumstance, but it still appears to be, simply, another rehash of Kenpo as we all know it...

Please don't hate me, simply because I'm beautiful.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,088 Posts

what are your thoughts on kempo jitsu kai?
    They do have some awesome clips on youtube!
    You asked a question which is being replied too. The answers you are getting are based on obersavtion of what is shown in a clip nothing more.

Having passion about what you beleive is great, but don't expect others to be forced into your views or be intimadated by the bold highlight.
    There are many senior ranks on this forum sir, many within the systems you named and those you didn't, they are all approachable and are not affraid of questions or debate.
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MARSHALLS KENPO For This Useful Post:

sigung86 (04-18-2009)

Blindside is offline student
    Thanks

I'm a low ranking FMA instructor, and I stand by my statement. If the beginning of a tech is "shady" what point is the end? A guy swings a stick at me and I am apparently armed with something and yet I just stand there, with no footwork whatsoever, no attempt to get off the line of attack nor an attempt to jam the attack. That isn't what I teach to a day 1 beginner in Kali. One thing that tends to characterize the FMAs is that they assume the opponent is an attacker that is skilled with their weapon, as opposed to most of the Kenpo lineages which assume an untrained attacker. There are solid reasons for the Kenpo lineages to do so, most attackers will (hopefully) be untrained, so they are training for the highest probability. In any case, this defense is not suitable to the assumption of a skilled attacker, it forces a commitment of both arms and opens the defender to feints or simply target readjustments.

As for the end of the tech, all the guy is doing is beating up on a (now) unarmed guy with two sticks. I guess it isn't bad if you feel you really need to train for such a scenario.

This certainly isn't a judgement on the skill of the system founder, most of the stuff looks related to other Kaju and Kenpo lineages, and that isn't a bad thing.
    Pekiti Tirsia Kali and Kenpo Karate
    www.blackbirdmartialarts.com

He, who will not reason, is a bigot; he, who cannot, is a fool; and he, who dares not, is a slave.
    ~William Drummond

"This person is as dangerous as an IED."

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blindside For This Useful Post:

HKphooey (08-26-2015),shaolinmonkmark (04-20-2009)

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALLS KENPO View Post
    You asked a question which is being replied too. The answers you are getting are based on obersavtion of what is shown in a clip nothing more.

Having passion about what you beleive is great, but don't expect others to be forced into your views or be intimadated by the bold highlight.
    There are many senior ranks on this forum sir, many within the systems you named and those you didn't, they are all approachable and are not affraid of questions or debate.

im not forcing anyone into anything.I was merely asking what you all thought of kempojitsukai.
    Alot of people on west coast are now talking about it.
    As for the technique, the beginning did look like "I don't know if you caould pull that off", but the rest of the technique, i liked.

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Tnxs Blindside!
    A true valuable comment.
    I don't know why alot of Kempo masters aren't open minded.
    Oh well.

Thanks

Tnxs Blindside!
    A true valuable comment.
    I don't know why alot of Kempo masters aren't open minded.
    Oh well.

Well, Mark...

If it will ake you feel better, even though I'm not aa Kempo Master, I will jump on the bandwagon, based on the fact that the West Coast is all atwitter with the advent of the art.

Does that turn tht "Oh Well" frown upside down?

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Well, Mark...

If it will ake you feel better, even though I'm not aa Kempo Master, I will jump on the bandwagon, based on the fact that the West Coast is all atwitter with the advent of the art.

This is nothing new on the West Coast. Unless maybe your talking about some of the Shaolin Kempo chain school break aways.
    What I'm seeing in the empty hand videos is just some beginner/intermediate level repetition drills. Pretty common in Kajukenbo, and kenpo schools out here on the "West Coast".

18. The Following User Says Thank You to John Bishop For This Useful Post:

Dianhsuhe (04-21-2009)

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Well, Mark...

Not at all, Sigung!
    just was curious as to what you guys thought.
    Mr bishop , i hold your opinions very highly, as back on MAP, you shared a wealth of knowledge to us all who were there.

Thanks

im not forcing anyone into anything.I was merely asking what you all thought of kempojitsukai.
    Alot of people on west coast are now talking about it.
    As for the technique, the beginning did look like "I don't know if you caould pull that off", but the rest of the technique, i liked.
    Then I stand corrected sir

Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Hi shaolinmonkmark,

I only know of Professor Kimo Ferreira and his kempo jitsu kai through reputation, and have only heard good things. I believe he is in William Chows lineage through Walter Godin.

He is hosting a seminar (2009 Martial Arts Summit) in Hilo, Hawaii in Oct. 9, 10, and 11; with many notable attendees. These include: Chosei Motobu, Remy Presas, Vincent Cabales, Vic LeRou (IKCA), and Gary McGhee (Traco) among many others.

I am not affiliated with his organization. I just know of the seminar because I am affiliated with Gary McGhee through Traco.

Hope this helps,
    PorterKenpo

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PorterKenpo For This Useful Post:

shaolinmonkmark (04-21-2009)

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Mr. Marshall,
    My style of kempo is NCK, Plus we add MMA/Gracie Jujitsu,Thai Boxing, and Hagannah,Escrima all in it.
    I just found it interesting why all of a sudden , USSD East Coast Martial artists were Leaving USSD to move over to kemp jitsu kai.(it happened like couple years ago.)
    www.kempoinfo.com
    Mr. Barnes website, he was with Villari, then crossed over.
    I started talking to some and they said, Demascos was a nice guy, very talented martial artist, But, The reason they left was for political reasons for an escape, and, Kimo is very much into Drilling/Practicing in real self defense situations.
    Sure, they do the basic punch ins, but, they also practice alot of free flow drills.
    They also said he is a very talented martial artist as well.
    Mr. Marshall, what are your thoughts on Jeff Speakman?
    I must admit, the whole reason i started kempo, was because of the Perfect Weapon movie!
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALLS KENPO View Post
    Then I stand corrected sir

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

My aunt lives in oahu, but i don't have the funds nor time to go to this one, as i'd also have to bring the wifey : o (

Quote Originally Posted by PorterKenpo View Post
    Hi shaolinmonkmark,

I only know of Professor Kimo Ferreira and his kempo jitsu kai through reputation, and have only heard good things. I believe he is in William Chows lineage through Walter Godin.

He is hosting a seminar (2009 Martial Arts Summit) in Hilo, Hawaii in Oct. 9, 10, and 11; with many notable attendees. These include: Chosei Motobu, Remy Presas, Vincent Cabales, Vic LeRou (IKCA), and Gary McGhee (Traco) among many others.

I am not affiliated with his organization. I just know of the seminar because I am affiliated with Gary McGhee through Traco.

Hope this helps,
    PorterKenpo

Thanks

Mr. Marshall,
    My style of kempo is NCK, Plus we add MMA/Gracie Jujitsu,Thai Boxing, and Hagannah,Escrima all in it.
    I just found it interesting why all of a sudden , USSD East Coast Martial artists were Leaving USSD to move over to kemp jitsu kai.(it happened like couple years ago.)
    www.kempoinfo.com
    Mr. Barnes website, he was with Villari, then crossed over.
    I started talking to some and they said, Demascos was a nice guy, very talented martial artist, But, The reason they left was for political reasons for an escape, and, Kimo is very much into Drilling/Practicing in real self defense situations.
    Sure, they do the basic punch ins, but, they also practice alot of free flow drills.
    They also said he is a very talented martial artist as well.
    Mr. Marshall, what are your thoughts on Jeff Speakman?
    I must admit, the whole reason i started kempo, was because of the Perfect Weapon movie!
    LOL!
    Thank you for your clarifaction.

I have found over the years that, people change based on personal need.
    I have been blessed to train in several arts, but I maintain my root system. I do find value in the other arts and their applications, but I can't allocate the time necessary to master them,because I haven't mastererd Kenpo and I never will. The more I study the more I find other applications found in other arts.

One thing is sure, if a art or association does not help the student grow, then they will leave and take those who are loyal to them with them as wel. Sometimes asking a person to leave is helping them to grow.

In regards to Mr. Speakman, I will see him this weekend. I have not seen him for a while and look forward to some semi private matt time with him between the tournment and seminar. I have nothing but respect for him and what he is trying to do for his interpatation of Kenpo. I wish him great success.
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

26. The Following User Says Thank You to MARSHALLS KENPO For This Useful Post:

shaolinmonkmark (04-22-2009)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links