Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenpo Karate & Filipino Arts Workshops

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default Kenpo Karate & Filipino Arts Workshops

Sunday Dec 28th/2008

Times : 10am - 4pm (Lunch 12-1pm)

Morning session is Ed Parkers Kenpo Forms review and analytical breakdown of the designs of the forms,and their relation to one another.

Afternoon will be Techniques and some Filipino introduction to basics to give people the ... essential basics required to train in the weapons arts.

The cost is 60 dollars cash no cheques please!
    You need for training proper clothing and safety gear ie.. cup and sticks,training knife etc.. some will be available to buy at the events.

The Sunday Dec 28th/2008 will be in Sarnia; ON; Canada at Dynamic Academy Of Martial Arts located in the St. Clair tae kwon do building, 199 Queen St. contact Rob Broad for more information.. rob@dynamickenpo.ca or 519-344-3221

Look forward to seeing you there!
    Thanks
    Jason Arnold
    Parker/Planas Lineage
    Presas/Hartman Arnis

Contact info jaybacca72@hotmail.com or call 1-519-631-8090

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Kenpo Karate & Filipino Arts Workshops

I hope to be there!

Do you have an recommendations on hotels in the area?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sjansen View Post
    I hope to be there!

Do you have an recommendations on hotels in the area?
    The Drawbridge Inn is pretty inexpensive and very close to the school (15 minute walk), the phone number to them is 519-337-7571

The Super 8 is very close as well their number is 519-337-3767

I will say that Jason Arnold is by far the most martial arts knowlegeable Canadian I have ever met. He is not only a practioner and student of several style, but goes into great depth to understand both the hows and whys of everything he does.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Broad For This Useful Post:

sjansen (12-05-2008)

Thanks

The seminar is rapidly approaching, anyone within 4 or 5 hours should really consider this great event.

Thanks

For any Americans wishing to attend please remember you will need a passport to enter Canada.

Thanks

Just 11 days til this great event

Thanks

Just letting everyone know that even with the recent event the seminar will take place on the 28th

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post
    Just letting everyone know that even with the recent event the seminar will take place on the 28th
    Thanks Rob,

I was going to email and ask, but it is great to see you perservere through such a great obstacle.

We had a lot a Canadians in the USMC and they were some of the toughest SOBs I ever met. It must be the climate.

No wonder your country is so well thought of by the international community.

See you on the 28th,

Thanks

I am hoping to have between 10 and 20 people at the school on Sunday. I am getting more sensitivity back in my fingers so I am hoping to be able to hold onto my sticks and knives.

SJansen wrote
    "We had a lot a Canadians in the USMC and they were some of the toughest SOBs I ever met. It must be the climate."

Canadians have to be tough, our national sport is played on ice with a frozen puck that can shatter bones, during the game we wield large sticks, and when we don't like something on teh ice a fist fight breaks out. I believe it is because of Canadians they coined the phrase walk softly and carry a big stick.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post
    I am hoping to have between 10 and 20 people at the school on Sunday. I am getting more sensitivity back in my fingers so I am hoping to be able to hold onto my sticks and knives.

SJansen wrote
    "We had a lot a Canadians in the USMC and they were some of the toughest SOBs I ever met. It must be the climate."

Canadians have to be tough, our national sport is played on ice with a frozen puck that can shatter bones, during the game we wield large sticks, and when we don't like something on teh ice a fist fight breaks out. I believe it is because of Canadians they coined the phrase walk softly and carry a big stick.
    Or the phrase "I was watching a fight the other day and a hockey game broke out."

Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Thanks

Good luck everyone! Sounds like a seriously good event

Thanks

Three of the participants have worked with Jason Arnold in the past at a knife seminar last spring plus he taught at my boot camp last year. The man offers quality instruction in abundance, and all the participants will get more than their money's worth.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Smile Re: Kenpo Karate & Filipino Arts Workshops

Thank you Jason for lots of great information and thank you Rob for the opportunity to experience EPAK and FMA. The FMA was different from what I had experienced before, but very familiar. That is the first EPAK I have done in 15 years. It was nice to learn some of the concepts and get some confirmation on aspects I was not sure about. It was great to see so many people from such different backgrounds in martial arts all in one place finding comraderie.

Very well done.

That was a really fun and informative seminar.

Thanks

I would like to thank everyone who attended todays seminar. I had a blast, and with all that has been going on in my life lately it was very therapuetic.

The seminar started off with Jason teaching some great footwork drills, which is always to be expected when Jason Arnold is teaching. We then migrated into Short Form 1, and then into Delayed Sword and Five Swords. We then took a lunch break. Directly after lunch we jumped into some great stick work for the next two hours. After another small break we worked on club defenses, Checking the Storm, Evading the Storm etc.... By the end of the 5 hours we all shared the same blank expression. After the seminar several of us went out for dinner and a few pints, the jokes flowed, and a good time was had by all. I will say this was a great success and it is because of Jason and all those who participated that we will be talking about this for a long time to come.

Thank You to Jason for teaching, thank you to my girlfiend Julie for taking pictures and filming everything, and a huge thank you to all 11 people to where out on the floor pounding away.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Broad For This Useful Post:

Arizona Angel (12-30-2008)

Thanks

This was a lot of fun. I learn some new stuff and got a chance to revisit some of the few things that I have learned for a nice review. I even brought home some memorable bruises. Got the lovely chance to visit a new country and experiance going through customs, lol. But, best of all I got to meet some of the people that I have been talking to for years now here on Kenpotalk. I do hope to do that again sometime. Thanks Rob Broad for hosting this event and thankyou to Jason Arnold for the great instruction.
    There is nothing so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.
    Unquestionably man has his will - but woman has her way! - Bruce Lee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angel View Post
    This was a lot of fun. I learn some new stuff and got a chance to revisit some of the few things that I have learned for a nice review. I even brought home some memorable bruises. Got the lovely chance to visit a new country and experiance going through customs, lol. But, best of all I got to meet some of the people that I have been talking to for years now here on Kenpotalk. I do hope to do that again sometime. Thanks Rob Broad for hosting this event and thankyou to Jason Arnold for the great instruction.

It was our pleasure to have you into the school. For someone who hasn't got to train for a while you did great. You as well as everyone who attended are welcomed back on my floor anytime.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Broad For This Useful Post:

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Smile Re: Kenpo Karate & Filipino Arts Workshops

sorry for the late response folks i havent been online much.. first off thank you Rob for hosting the event and to Julie for taking the pics and video. It is amazing considering everything Rob has been through the show still went on and very well i might add. It was really nice seeing everyone having a good time and thank you for the feedback as an instructor sometimes we dont get the chance to really work with each person as much as we would have liked to but i try my best to give everyone a hands on with me. Thank you to all the participants and i have to agree i was not expecting different styles showing up but i am extremly glad they did and hope they got a good impression of ed parkers kenpo from this event. i look forward to working with each of you again and i will say once again it was an honour for me and a great experience i will remember due to everyones generosity.
    many thanks
    Jason Arnold
    Canada via Sweden
    Parker/Planas Lineage
    Presas/Hartman Arnis
    Hartsell/Irish JKD

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jaybacca72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaybacca72 View Post
    sorry for the late response folks i havent been online much.. first off thank you Rob for hosting the event and to Julie for taking the pics and video. It is amazing considering everything Rob has been through the show still went on and very well i might add. It was really nice seeing everyone having a good time and thank you for the feedback as an instructor sometimes we dont get the chance to really work with each person as much as we would have liked to but i try my best to give everyone a hands on with me. Thank you to all the participants and i have to agree i was not expecting different styles showing up but i am extremly glad they did and hope they got a good impression of ed parkers kenpo from this event. i look forward to working with each of you again and i will say once again it was an honour for me and a great experience i will remember due to everyones generosity.
    many thanks
    Jason Arnold
    Canada via Sweden
    Freddy Mercury said it best, "The Show Must Go On" and that is exactly how I feel. Last June when the numbers for the Boot Camp were very low, I borrowed some cash to make it work. This seminar with all that was going on in my personal life had to go on for several reasons, one of which was a promise to my students for one more quality event in 2008, another was to get together with friends and friends to be, and lastly the seminar was the best possible therapy for me. I would have loved to have had another 10 people on the floor and used the downstairs of the building but I don't think that oculd have made the event any better, actually it probably would have made it worse, since there would have been less individual attention.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Broad For This Useful Post:

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Rob, I'm glad you had a good turn out. I had the opportunity to work with Jason before I went on vacation and boy did I learn alot. If any of you get a chance to train under him you'll walk away with a truck load of information. Jason sure knows the system and is a awesome instructor. Once again Rob, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks

Here are a few pics from the day
    Attached Images Attached Images

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Broad For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links