Thread: January 18th Parker-Planas seminar featuring 6th degree Joe Doyle

KenpoCoach is offline Parker-Planas-Doyle Kenpo
    Thanks

Default January 18th Parker-Planas seminar featuring 6th degree Joe Doyle

Once a month, in a special training session entitled the Ohio Instructors college (OIC), Mr. Joe Doyle teaches Parker-Planas Kenpo at his facility in Mentor, Ohio to any willing Kenpoist regardless of affiliation. The facility is located near Cleveland, Ohio. His website is: http://www.akakenpo.com

In these training sessions Mr. Doyle looks over the talents of the participants as they perform their Kenpo techniques and offers advise and training designed to bring individual Kenpoist up to the standards Grand Master Planas sets for American Kenpo. Grand Master Planas has a website which is: http://www.parkerplanaslineage.com if you want more information on him.

Mr. Planas is scheduled into Mr. Doyle's Academy this March 27th-29th 2009 for a 4+ hour presentation covering techniques material and Forms. Please contact Mr. Doyle and make arrangements to attend. Cost is currently $120. Space availability is limited.

Mr. Doyle (a 6th degree last promoted by GM Planas) has been having GM Planas in to his Academy 4 times a year for seminars over 10+ years. Mr. Doyle does not consider himself to be equal to GM Planas. GM Planas is the undisputed leader of American Kenpo in Mr. Doyle's opinion. (Mr. Doyle will tell that to anyone that asks the question.) However having trained under Mr. Planas all these many years, (and having been with SGM Parker on many occasions) Mr. Doyle has a pretty good idea of what it is Mr. Planas wants taught to American Kenpo students. Mr. Doyle is often heard to say that all he is doing is "roughing-in" the student, that it is GM Planas that does all the "finish" work.

The current cost for these 2+ hours of semi-private lessons with Mr. Doyle is $50.00 per OIC participant. (The OIC membership is free also) The OIC stands for Ohio Instructors College and it is Mr. Doyle's way of indicating that the training is done in Ohio, that the training is designed for Instructors with the material taught being equal to that of a College level educational course. O = Ohio, I= Instructors, C =College. The more of us who come to these monthly training sessions the more fun the whole thing is...

Many of the participants in the OIC are already school owners or intend to become school owners soon. They have stated that the classes are giving them the time they need to review their own material and to get better at their art. Running schools takes so much time out of their day that they seldom have time to practice their Kenpo the way they once did before starting their businesses. It has been often said by participants; "...that being with such a high quality Instructor such as Mr. Doyle allows them to stop thinking about how the material should be presented to their students and start thinking about performing the material as it was intended to be performed.".

Its a little "me" time for the more advanced Kenpoist.

Having GM Planas into his school 4 times a year gives his seminar participants the training that all the other Kenpoist who trained under Senior Grand Master Parker once received. Mr Doyle's Academy is the one of the few school anywhere in the world where Grand Master Planas teaches the entire American Kenpo system as it was intended to be taught, from white belt all the way through Brown. Grand Master Planas wants it to be known that the art that we practice at Mr. Doyle's Academy is properly called Parker-Planas Kenpo. Parker as that is who's system we are learning and Planas as that is the Instructor who is teaching it. Since all this material is covered by GM Planas year after year and since it is well known that Mr. Planas is one of the three main people who actually wrote the original training manuals for American Kenpo, Mr. Doyle's Academy is one of the few schools where there is no question as to the authenticity of the training the student is receiving.

The idea of the OIC is to further the students knowledge by providing 8 sessions throughout the year with Mr. Doyle as the Head Instructor and 4 sessions throughout the year with GM Planas as the Master Instructor. So for 12 times a year, all people who want authentic Kenpo instruction as it was once done back in the 70s and 80s (before SGM Parker passed away) can come to Doyle's and be introduced to the information as it was meant to be shown.

For myself, I have been attending Mr. Planas and Mr. Doyle's seminars for over a year now, almost two. (I have been with GM Planas on many occasions before coming to Doyle's) I have been and am completely satisfied with the services I have received todate. One day, I wish to travel and promote American Kenpo by providing my own seminars around the country and maybe the world. I, being a conscientious person, want to give seminars that are accurate depictions of what American Kenpo can do. Therefore I am very cautious of where I get my information from. The school I originally came out of was a very good school at the time, but I always felt there was something missing from my training. At Mr. Doyle's I have been able find and to put back into my training the information I missed getting from my former Instructor. I couldn't be happier. (One person that you all know here at Kenpotalk is Jfarnsworth. if you want to, you can ask him about what it is we do.)

I have a website also and it is called : www.KenpoCoach.com

So, if you too want to be the best Kenpoist you can be. Why not join us in the OIC. Currently it would cost you about $880.00 annually to sharpen your already established skills or to become an authentic Kenpoist working through us. Most schools today would charge you a minimum of $1200.00 a year to learn from them and the only Instructor you would have is the school owner. Going to seminars for someone like GM Planas would cost you more on top of that. Doing it our way not only gives you the information you need but you are going to be taught by two of the top Instructors in the country, perhaps even in the world. No one that I know of, would dispute that Grand Master Planas is the true head of American Kenpo since SGM Parker's passing. Few would argue that Mr. Doyle wasn't good enough to be a Head Instructor (fewer still would say it to his face...) Everyone that knows Mr. Doyle has nothing but the highest respect for him. Perhaps, if you know GM Planas you might ask him about Mr. Doyle some time...

Why not be with the best? Come join us monthly in Mentor, Ohio and let us enjoy your company as well. We would sure like to meet you.

To be clear, We don't want you to give up your home town Instructor, nor do we want you to give up any affiliations you might already participate in. What we want is to enable you to be the best you can be. You can not be sure that you are getting the authentic American Kenpo that perhaps you were promised, without coming to Joe Doyle's Kenpo Academy and participating in the OIC programming.

Give Mr. Doyle a call at 440-255-6697. Why not do it today. The call could just change your life. Maybe even save your life if you take the training and ever find yourself in the situation that you have to use what you know for real.

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to read this and considering its message to you.

Larry Splain

Mount Vernon, Ohio

KenpoCoach.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default Re: Once a month Parker-Planas seminar featuring 6th degree Joe Doyle

Having GM Planas into his school 4 times a year give his seminar participants the training that all other Kenpoist who trained under Senior Grand Master Parker once received. Mr Doyle's Academy is the only school anywhere in the world where Grand Master Planas teaches the entire American Kenpo system as it was intended to be taught, from white belt all the way through Brown. Since all the material is covered by GM Planas year after year, Mr. Doyle's is the only school where there is no question as to the authenticity of the training the student is receiving.

That is quite a lofty statement. I greatly admire Master Planas, and think there is no one that knows the comercial system as well as he does. But to say that Joe Doyle's school is the only school following Huk that teaches the entire system may be a bit far fetched. Ingmar in Sweden brings Huk in several times a year, often for a week at a time. I know te intent of what you are saying, but, please choose your words carefully. Master Planas has a lot of followers and to say only one group is gtting all the information make create a lot of waves. I have heard a lot of great things about Joe Doyle through people I know who are students of Master Planas, I doubt he would want it implied that he is the only school giving the entire system.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Broad For This Useful Post:

KenpoCoach (11-03-2008)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Cool Re: Once a month Parker-Planas seminar featuring 6th degree Joe Doyle

Only school? Why do you say that? I teach like that myself, and there are many of us that do.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to arshaveli For This Useful Post:

KenpoCoach (11-03-2008)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,425 Posts

Real Full Name: Braggadocio Arrogancia.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dave in da house For This Useful Post:

KenpoCoach (11-03-2008)

Thanks

I have attended many Planas seminars. I know that he teaches everything to everyone and does not limit himself or other students with regards to his teaching. I appreciate that you understand my intent. I am not putting anyone else down. To be a little clearer; Mr. Planas goes through the entire system, in order, including Forms, from White to Brown, step by step at the Doyle Academy in exactly the way he wants it taught. Mr. Doyle does not tell him anything more then where Mr. Planas was the last time Mr. Planas was in town.

In all the seminars I have been too, it has always been a hit or miss proposition as to whether or not Mr. Planas would be covering a topic or subject that I was in need of learning. This is often because the school owner or sponsor or the seminar would direct Mr. Planas on what to cover at the seminar. At Mr. Doyle's the system is gone over in its entirety, step by step, by Mr. Planas for all the students. Year after year. Repeatedly. Please recognize that I am not suggesting that other Instructors do not go over all the same materials. Further, I am not suggesting that Mr. Planas does not cover everything with other people at other seminars. I am referring to the fact that it is Mr. Planas is teaching directly with the students as if, he was simply Instructing a regular class instead of conducting a seminar. (As I read these words to myself I still see conflicts developing. I need to think a little bit more about how to make these statements.)

Thank you for your thoughts. I will certainly look over what I have stated to see if I am in error and I willl see if Mr. Doyle has a problem with it as well.
    Last edited by KenpoCoach; 11-03-2008 at 04:23 PM.
    "Rank is no good unless itís respected." Quoted from Mr. Richard Planas.

If your traveling through the Central Ohio (Mount Vernon) area and would like to meet with KenpoCoach either for some lively one on one discussions or for some "On the mat" Kenpo training please send an email to: Lcsplain@embarqmail.com and I'll see if I can make that happen.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KenpoCoach For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dave in da house (11-03-2008)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 668 Posts

Mr. Planas says pretty regularly, that if you get a job "painting a bridge, you have a job for life". By which, he means that you paint from one end of the bridge to the other, and then start all over, again. Painting a bridge is a job that is never done, because it always has to be re-done when you are finished.

I've never been to Mr. Doyle's school. But, I do know that Mr. Planas teaches what he calls the 'instructors classes' at the school ... from Delayed Sword all the way through the system, and then he starts all over again. And he has been doing that for some number of years. Just like painting a bridge.

Recently, Mr. Zienewski, in Connecticut, has been hosting Huk through a cycle of the Instructor Classes ... coverning each and every technique in the system. I don't know if Mr. Z is going to bring Huk in again to re-start the series when it is completed. But I am sure that is what Mr. Doyle does.

By contrast, I've been to plenty of "seminars" with Huk. Mr. Planas informs us that a 'seminar' is defined as 'advanced students working with a professor on advanced material'. At my home school, Mr. Planas comes in for seminars, not instructor classes.

In Mr. Planas' mind, there is a distinct difference between these two types of gatherings: the 'Instructor's Class" and the 'Seminar'.

I have also heard him referred to the Ingmar's "Viking Camp", and other tournament gatherings (one recently in Venezuala and the 2003 Internationals in Boston, come to mind). I am not certain if he views these types of gatherings different than a 'seminar' or not, but they often feature much shorter classes than most seminars (Boston had 1 hour classes).

So, I understand what KenpoCoach is trying to say ... the meetings at Mr. Doyle's studio are not unique, but the structure is, and has been uncommon.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaeledward For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dave in da house (11-03-2008),KenpoCoach (11-03-2008)

Thanks

Thank you for your support and kind words michaeledward. I appreciate it.

KenpoCoach

If your traveling through the Central Ohio (Mount Vernon) area and would like to meet with KenpoCoach either for some lively one on one discussions or for some "On the mat" Kenpo training please send an email to: Lcsplain@embarqmail.com and I'll see if I can make that happen.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KenpoCoach For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dave in da house (11-03-2008)

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michaeledward View Post
    ...... the meetings at Mr. Doyle's studio are not unique, but the structure is, and has been uncommon.
    As usual, more times than not you are correct, Sir.
    Great analogy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jfarnsworth For This Useful Post:

KenpoCoach (11-05-2008)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Smile Re: Once a month Parker-Planas seminar featuring 6th degree Joe Doyle

once again you guys really have to do more research when you make these things public for the record huk doesnt teach seminars at ingmars he comes here for 1-2 weeks at a time for private lessons during the day with ingmar and his teaching staff myself included and then he teaches the regular belt classes most of the time like he was the regular teacher. the instructor camp we had we focused on forms but on our privates we start at yellow and work till he has seen enough and ingmar and myself work the material in front of huk you cant get moe direct than that... so yes joes is good tell him i said hi and i support him when ever i can but please do not refer to the training her as seminars and camps only.. and the seminars in venezuela were all day btw because i was teaching on the floor too!
    best regards
    Jason Arnold

Canada via Sweden
    Parker/Planas Lineage
    Presas/Hartman Arnis
    Hartsell/Irish JKD

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jaybacca72 For This Useful Post:

KenpoCoach (11-05-2008)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Wink Re: Once a month Parker-Planas seminar featuring 6th degree Joe Doyle

Jason, we know what we teach and how we (and others) get taught.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to arshaveli For This Useful Post:

KenpoCoach (11-05-2008)

Thanks

A message for all who are interested. I did send a copy of my post to Mr. Doyle. He will respond soon as he always does. When I get his remarks I will share them with you all.

Thanks for your considerations in this matter.

Sincerely,

KenpoCoach

Thanks

Mr. Doyle agreed that perhaps I did use a little too strong of language in my original posting.

Mr. Doyle said; "It is apparent that I have great deal of enthusiasm with my association with Grand Master Planas and himself." and he knows that "...I just wanted to invite other people out to join in (with) my new found training lineage..." Upon further reflection, Mr. Doyle stated; "...This isn't the only place doing these colleges now, but we may be the closest to students looking to improve upon their training. We would love to have any one interested to come and join us...".

Of course I made a few additions to his comments written above as he was talking to me directly. I wanted the members of Kenpotalk to see the flow of our conversation without adding to or taking away from Mr. Doyle's original intent.

Thank you once again for taking the time to read this post. Please be advised that I did edit my original post to include some information I felt should be in the text but I had accidentally left out.

We sincerely wish that anyone reading these post will consider joining us this December 13th in Mentor, Ohio for the next Mr. Richard Planas training session.

Thank you.

KenpoCoach

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arshaveli View Post
    Jason, we know what we teach and how we (and others) get taught.
    Care to elaborate on this a little? Are you agreeing or disagreeing with his statement.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Broad For This Useful Post:

KenpoCoach (11-05-2008)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Sure. I am agreeing with his statement, as I am one of the instructors in the lineage, like Jason, Joe, and Ingmar. I know all the guys I mention, and they are all good Kenpo men who know their stuff and teach it well. It was just a way of telling Jason not to take it too seriously, as we know who's who in the zoo. KenpoCoach is obviously passionate about his lineage, and that's wonderful, it was just expressed with less than perfect wording. However, he doesn't follow Huk around the world, so he doesn't know exactly what is done in each and every school. What Joe is doing is great, the art could use more people like that, IMHO. But, there are many of us who do that, like I previously stated.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to arshaveli For This Useful Post:

KenpoCoach (11-05-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arshaveli View Post
    Sure. I am agreeing with his statement, as I am one of the instructors in the lineage, like Jason, Joe, and Ingmar. I know all the guys I mention, and they are all good Kenpo men who know their stuff and teach it well. It was just a way of telling Jason not to take it too seriously, as we know who's who in the zoo. KenpoCoach is obviously passionate about his lineage, and that's wonderful, it was just expressed with less than perfect wording. However, he doesn't follow Huk around the world, so he doesn't know exactly what is done in each and every school. What Joe is doing is great, the art could use more people like that, IMHO. But, there are many of us who do that, like I previously stated.

I invited Jason into the cnversation so that he could verify that Huk does the same type of thing at other schools.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Broad For This Useful Post:

KenpoCoach (11-05-2008)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Well, I can verify that same thing

Everything KenpoCoach said is basically true, up to the point of "the best" and "the only".

29. The Following User Says Thank You to arshaveli For This Useful Post:

KenpoCoach (11-05-2008)

Thanks

I have made further corrections to my original post as per your observations.

I hope the text reads a little more to your liking.

Thank you.

KenpoCoach

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Hey, we play on the same team It is not the matter of me liking the corrections, it's just the matter of corrections being closer to the facts. I respect and admire your dedication and devotion to the lineage, and personally understood what you were trying to say. It didn't offend me, 'cuz I am not that easily offended However, it didn't read very well at first. We have many hard-working guys in our family, and I just think it's fair that they don't get left out. Enjoy your journey, you're lucky to have good instructors. Max

32. The Following User Says Thank You to arshaveli For This Useful Post:

KenpoCoach (11-06-2008)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links