Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Central, North-Central, & Northern Ohio Kenpoists!

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

Default Central, North-Central, & Northern Ohio Kenpoists!

For the past several weeks I've been working on a project. A project to bring the kenpo community together. A chance for us to train together. A class to where we can come to train together without issues of lineage, association, personal interpretation, or rank. The problem I'm seeing is that our kenpo community is getting smaller. Not as many people are getting on the mats. I want to this change. Our kenpo community needs to grow.

For those who don't know me I've been teaching at a gymnastics facility since Oct. '06. With the help of the facility owners we were able to put together a day & a time for our kenpo class. That day will be on the first thursday night of every month. Starting in October. Some who I know have already been contacted on this class. Now, I'm ready to introduce this to everyone else. There are already over 12 confirmed people signed up & ready to start this class. Men as well as women. Some who wanted me to have this underway already. Now, I want to tell you more about it.

This class will be from 6:30-8 on the first thursday of the month. At the beginning of class we will step through the sets then through a couple or three forms. The reason is simple. To get the body loose, joints & muscles warmed up. Continueing after that we will be starting at the bottom of the techniques working each one on a body. Everyone there will be working each & every technique on a different person. This will be a great opportunity for all of us to have a chance to get to know each other. Help one another out as well as form a unity, a friendship with one another. Each technique will be done several times with a different partner. Then we will move onto the next technique. For the cool down phase I have planned to cover the hub-bud drills along with the kenpo counter point drills. After that we go home, knowing there was a great work out, new friends, and come back the next month to pick up where we left off.

Finally, to let everyone know the owner will be moving gymnasts &/or cheerleaders to give us room to practice together. Our portion of the facility can hold about 40 people maybe more. The owners asked for a small donation to cover this class. I negotiated a ten dollar fee for this class. There is no gimmick along with this. No sign up fees. No other monthly fee, no anything else. You arrive pay your ten dollars & get to train with people you normally can't, guys who are bigger, stronger, maybe hit harder.... etc. Trust me, this small fee will pale in comparrison to the work out you will get & opportunity to have fellowship with others.

Before I make this too long for everyone.
    This class is further endorsed by Mr. Steve Hatfield. Also, Mr. Joe Doyle has given endorsement for this class. I am not recruiting anyone to change associations, lineages, or anything of the sort. I want this class to gain in popularity for the sake of kenpo. Put any personal issues or differences aside, keep an open mind & have a great time.

I hope this class sounds fun to those interested and we see you on the mats.
    Salute,
    Jason Farnsworth
    (h) 419-886-4274

My blogspot to read more.
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=426876279

Thanks

Default Re: Central, North-Central, & Northern Ohio Kenpoists!

Is this just for black belts or any rank?
    There is nothing so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.
    Unquestionably man has his will - but woman has her way! - Bruce Lee

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Central, North-Central, & Northern Ohio Kenpoists!

Tell you what jay, if i lived in Ohio or around that part of the cournty, i would be there with bells on(excuse the pun) this is really cool, i can't remember the last time something like this was offered. i don't know where everybody's head is about this, but Jay i give you a lot of credit for putting something together like this, good luck and remember
    when you have this thing,,,"move like lighting,hit like thunder"
    " Resolve to be tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,tolerant with the weak and wrong..... Because sometime in your life you will have been all of these"

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

I would be there if I lived out there too!! but I do not..

My father lives out there, so if I am in the area I will look you up

best of luck to you brother!!
    "The sacraed rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself, and can never be erased.""

Alexander Hamilton
    The Farmer Refuted (1775)

Mac
    KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

This is a spectacular idea and I know your efforts will be fruitful.
    I'm feeling energized. Thank you!

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Central, North-Central, & Northern Ohio Kenpoists!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    This is a spectacular idea and I know your efforts will be fruitful.
    I'm feeling energized. Thank you!

hey Mac, i could not have said it better
    " Resolve to be tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,tolerant with the weak and wrong..... Because sometime in your life you will have been all of these"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ackks10 For This Useful Post:

Mac (09-15-2008)

KenpoCoach is offline Parker-Planas-Doyle Kenpo
    Thanks

I have been to the facility Jason speaks of. I can assure anyone who reads this that building is well lighted and well padded.
    The program Jason offers is just super.

Friend Jason, you can count me in. I will be there for all of us.

KenpoCoach
    "Rank is no good unless itís respected." Quoted from Mr. Richard Planas.

If your traveling through the Central Ohio (Mount Vernon) area and would like to meet with KenpoCoach either for some lively one on one discussions or for some "On the mat" Kenpo training please send an email to: Lcsplain@embarqmail.com and I'll see if I can make that happen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angel View Post
    Is this just for black belts or any rank?
    This is for any belt level. Rank is unimportant.

Thanks

Just a quick update.

Within the last several days I have had 2 more fine individuals put their name on the list for this class. Both of these men are great to work out with. There's still over half a month left before this class starts. With the addition of these men & women it will make this class truly a great one.

Thanks

Can southern Michigan kenpoists come on occassion?

Thanks

Absolutely. Western PA as well.

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Jason, you have inspired me to try and organize something like this here in southern new england..

I have already started to check with locations and am going to post some time today when I get a chance.

Thank you Jason...
    "The sacraed rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself, and can never be erased.""

Alexander Hamilton
    The Farmer Refuted (1775)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angel View Post
    Can southern Michigan kenpoists come on occassion?
    If you are in my area on the first thursday of the month I want you on the mat with the rest of us. This goes for anybody. Like I said before. Those who are really interested in this class have asked me to start it already. I really wanted people to have the opportunity to check with their life, work, & social schedules to get with the rest of us for this class.

For a quick note all together:
    Here is an example of how this class has already branched out. On monday of this week a gentleman came into my job facility. During my way from one place to the next this guy say's to me "Hi Jason". I looked kinda startled as I haven't seen him in many make that many years. After talking for a few minutes I finally realized who he was.
    During our conversation it turned to kenpo. He was telling me about training with different instructors around our area and how none of them ever felt like "home". We talked for about 10 more minutes. After he finally told me he wanted to get back on the mat again & just have fun, get back into kenpo I had told him I was teaching away from the instructor he took classes from moons ago. He didn't know that I was teaching in the area. I started telling him about this class that's coming together. Before I could even finish he said "count me in, I'll be there". Then he asked for the name of the facility, ph#, address, directions, my number etc. He hasn't been on the mat since '98 in kenpo.
    This is just one of hte examples of how this will bring people together. Monday night I have another visiting my class to check it out before she starts in this class.

I'm very excited about this opportunity & hope that this grows into something for everyone. I want a neutral zone for kenpo people to come together. No issues, no problems, no my instructor is better than yours. Just working kenpo on a body, with a lot of sweat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gixxershane View Post
    Jason, you have inspired me to try and organize something like this here in southern new england..

I have already started to check with locations and am going to post some time today when I get a chance.

Thank you Jason...
    Sir,
    Send Mr. Joe Doyle a note of thanks. He is the one that inspired me to try to bring the kenpoists in our area together. Again, I can't stress enough that the 10 dollar mat fee is nothing compared to the feeling you will get after this class is over.

Thanks

I will be in Southern Michigan sometime in October. Once we get moved in and settled I would be very interested in joining you all on the mats.

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

How far is this event from Lexington, KY? I would love to try to make it up there sometime. Not sure about the possible 5 hour drive very often though.
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. - Winston Churchill

Thanks

The facility is just about an hour north of columbus. Very easy to get to. Your driving would be all highway. If you are interested in the directions they are very easy as well. I realize this would be a drive for you but trust me, this class would be well worth it.
    Salute,
    Jason Farnsworth

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

I will definetly have to start making plans to make it up there. Could you PM me the address or directions? I'd like to see how long it would take me to get there.
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. - Winston Churchill

Thanks

Today is the day. It has finally come. I hope to see and work with everyone who shows.

John Brewer is offline Starting Over
    Thanks

I'm sure you will all have a great time! Enjoy...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links