Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Central, North-Central, & Northern Ohio Kenpoists!

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

Well, last night was our first get together. I can't speak for everyone but I will say from my perspective that it was one rocking great time with some great guys. We were able to cover the first 4 techniques of the system on a body. Not really any breaks, just hitting each other. Everyone there was helping one another. There was some joking, laughing, & a lot of sweating.

A special thanks to Mr. Joe Doyle coming from Mentor to take part of the class. Also, thanks to Mr. Al Babinec from Strongsville came to show some support for the class as well. To Mr. Bob Fields, I know you had a great & it was nice to see you back on the mats after all these years. We'll knock the rust off little by little. Mr. Jim L., I'm very excited that you had the opportunity to work with other individuals with high skill level. Very happy to see you made the time to work with a great bunch of guys. Terry Ward, as always, a pleasure to work with you, break a sweat like the old days, we had a good time hitting each other again. Larry Splain & Pat Tisdale, you guys really shocked me last night. Left me kinda speechless when you entered the building. Thanks guys for supporting the class.

After we covered delayed sword - deflecting hammer, Mr. Doyle gave a short 40-45 minute class on power, power, & more power. Also, a short, brief, action packed yellow belt work out. It was nice to go back through the yellow to apply a lot of action. Thanks for taking the time to come.

The next class will be scheduled for Nov. 6th. I hope more people can make the class. It was again without a doubt a fantastic class.
    Salute,
    Jason Farnsworth

p.s. A picture of the group will be added before the weekend is over.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jfarnsworth For This Useful Post:

KenpoCoach (10-03-2008)

Thanks

I'm going to provide a link for anyone who wants to see the photo of the individuals who came to this first class. I hope to see more people take part in this as the time goes on. Many thanks to those who took time out of their schedules to take part in this class.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...d-26edd8601abd

Thanks

Default Re: Central, North-Central, & Northern Ohio Kenpoists!

Congrats and thanks to all your work, Mr. Farnsworth! You have done a great job putting Ohio on the map.
    There is nothing so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.
    Unquestionably man has his will - but woman has her way! - Bruce Lee

Thanks

Default bumping this thread

I took a couple of weeks off from promoting this class. I actually do (sorta) have a life outside of kenpo. At least I think so.

We are now 3 weeks away from the next session. Those who attended had a great time training together. I'd love for this class to grow & bring some unity back to our kenpo community.
    Remember, we will be covering the sets as a warm up, hitting the techniques starting with deflecting hammer & moving forward down the charts. Finishing with some flow drills & little talk afterwards amongst everybody there. It's just a great time getting to know one another as well as helping each other out training in kenpo.

Feel free to contact me for more info.
    Salute,
    Jason Farnsworth

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Smile Re: Central, North-Central, & Northern Ohio Kenpoists!

I am in Central Michigan and wish to know where you are so that i might come down when the opportunity permits. Where is this located.

Scott

Thanks

Tonight is the night. There will be some new faces there this time. Guaranteed to have a blast. I'm already looking forward to it.

Thanks

I am leaving at 5 a.m. but don't think I will make it in time, lol. Have a great meet and if all goes well I hope to be there for the next one.
    There is nothing so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.
    Unquestionably man has his will - but woman has her way! - Bruce Lee

Thanks

The class went great. Everyone again, had a great time. We actually had our first woman in the class. She loved getting back on the mat again. That is what this class is all about.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jfarnsworth For This Useful Post:

KenpoCoach (11-07-2008)

Thanks

Can't wait to see what tonight's class is going to be like. We'll have a great time.

Thanks

All I can say is that this was an awesome class tonight. There were 2 women in participation tonight. Fun time training in some kenpo.

Next one will be on January 8.

Thanks

Mark your calendars. Thursday Jan. 8, will be the next class in this series. We will be finishing the last 3 yellows, moving onto the orange. We'll see how far we get by the amount of people who attend. I look forward to the new year & this class growing little by little.

Happy holidays all.
    Jason

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Happy holidays Jason,glad to see that everything is going well.
    " Resolve to be tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,tolerant with the weak and wrong..... Because sometime in your life you will have been all of these"

Thanks

Just a reminder that we are just about a week away from the next session. I'm looking forward to a great year putting this special class on & bringing together some kenpoists to just train together.

Next class will be on Jan. 8th.

Thanks

Feb. 5 is going to be the next class. No matter what i'm not going to let this class die out. I want to see this grow with as many kenpoists as we can get together. To come and train without the over sight of ego, or my instructor is better than yours thing. If you're reading this & can make it, we would all love to have you there to train with the rest of us. Supposed to be some women there again.
    Jason
    You are not here to win friends. You are not here to look pretty. You are not here to stare at some chick's @ss. You know why you're here. And if you don't, then get the **** out because you're just taking up space......So SHUT up and TRAIN - Flex Mag.

`If you wish to get ahold of me please contact me at jhfarnsworth@yahoo.com.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jfarnsworth For This Useful Post:

KenpoCoach (01-22-2009)

Thanks

Next week is when the class is back in session. Hopefully weather will cooperate to people can join. Would love to see everyone who can make it.
    You are not here to win friends. You are not here to look pretty. You are not here to stare at some chick's @ss. You know why you're here. And if you don't, then get the **** out because you're just taking up space......So SHUT up and TRAIN - Flex Mag.

Thanks

I just now realized that I haven't bumped this thread in a while. Next session for this class will be this coming thursday night.
    Jason

KenpoCoach is offline Parker-Planas-Doyle Kenpo
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Central, North-Central, & Northern Ohio Kenpoists!

My friend Jason,

You can bet I will continue to be at your Monday night sessions.

I am hoping to train with Mr. Hysell on Thursday. If this does not happen, perhaps you will see me as a surprise quest on Thursday...

Everyone who lives in the central Ohio area that call themselves Parker Kenpoist should take Jason up on his offer. Get to his place and train. The economy is still getting weaker and you may one day need your training for real. I know of no other place in central Ohio where your needs can be met better then at Jason's, for the moment. Get there if you can. If you cannot, but are interested, contact Jason or me and let us know what you would like to do.

Sincerely,

KenpoCoach
    "Rank is no good unless itís respected." Quoted from Mr. Richard Planas.

If your traveling through the Central Ohio (Mount Vernon) area and would like to meet with KenpoCoach either for some lively one on one discussions or for some "On the mat" Kenpo training please send an email to: Lcsplain@embarqmail.com and I'll see if I can make that happen.

Thanks

Thumbs down

Thank you sir, for the thoughts. They are much appreciated. Last night's class was really great. I know everyone had a good time & learned a lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links