Thread: The American Karate Championships 2007

Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 664 Posts

Default The American Karate Championships 2007

Last minute post, but going on this weekend, March 24 and 25th

http://www.antonnews.com/massapequan.../03/02/sports/
    "You can't account for everything, but you should account for the reasonably probable. Unfortunately for the unknowledgeable, those never ending 'what if's' will choke your thought process to death with useless information." - Doc

"To hold and fill to overflowing is not as good as to stop in time. Sharpen a knife-edge to its very sharpest, and the edge will not last long." – Loa Tzu

www.cromwellmartialarts.com
    www.BrianAselton.org
    www.hundredclubofct.org

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: The American Karate Championships 2007

HK,

Are you coming down for this?

Thanks

Unfortunately no. One I hate to miss. As it is, an issue at work has me missing a Black Belt test at our school. I hate when I do not get to see a studetn achieve his/her black belt.
    "You can't account for everything, but you should account for the reasonably probable. Unfortunately for the unknowledgeable, those never ending 'what if's' will choke your thought process to death with useless information." - Doc

"To hold and fill to overflowing is not as good as to stop in time. Sharpen a knife-edge to its very sharpest, and the edge will not last long." – Loa Tzu

www.BrianAselton.org
    www.hundredclubofct.org

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Yeah, that is too bad. Especially missing out on the test. It really stinks to have to miss those major milestones.

As to the tournament, I was kind of hoping you might be coming down. It would be fun to meet someone from here, and that would have been my first face-to-face meeting with a fellow KT-er. I guess that will just have to wait until May 6.

Good luck with the work stuff.

Troy

Thanks

Awesome, glad you are coming to CT for the Wedlake seminar. .

www.BrianAselton.org
    www.hundredclubofct.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bo View Post
    Yeah, that is too bad. Especially missing out on the test. It really stinks to have to miss those major milestones.

As to the tournament, I was kind of hoping you might be coming down. It would be fun to meet someone from here, and that would have been my first face-to-face meeting with a fellow KT-er. I guess that will just have to wait until May 6.

Good luck with the work stuff.

Troy
    How was the tournament?

www.BrianAselton.org
    www.hundredclubofct.org

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HKphooey View Post
    How was the tournament?
    The tournament went very well. This was the second year I've attended, and both years there were a lot of competitors under about 17 or 18, and very few older than that. This year I wound up helping out as a scorekeeper, so I got a good look at part of the competition, but was unable to watch much of what was going on in other rings. Competition ran about 4 hours on Saturday evening with demo teams, team sparring and breaking. Sunday ran about 5 hours with individual forms, weapons and sparring. The gym was pretty much full, and the crowd had a lot of enthusiasm and supported the kids very well.

I also had the pleasure of taking Joe and Russ Palanzo to the airport, and had a great conversation with them. All in all a great weekend.

Troy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bo View Post
    The tournament went very well. This was the second year I've attended, and both years there were a lot of competitors under about 17 or 18, and very few older than that. This year I wound up helping out as a scorekeeper, so I got a good look at part of the competition, but was unable to watch much of what was going on in other rings. Competition ran about 4 hours on Saturday evening with demo teams, team sparring and breaking. Sunday ran about 5 hours with individual forms, weapons and sparring. The gym was pretty much full, and the crowd had a lot of enthusiasm and supported the kids very well.

I also had the pleasure of taking Joe and Russ Palanzo to the airport, and had a great conversation with them. All in all a great weekend.

Troy
    Thanks!

www.BrianAselton.org
    www.hundredclubofct.org

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links