Thread: Wonder Valley Kenpo Camp May 25-28, 2007 (Central Valley, CA)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Default Wonder Valley Kenpo Camp May 25-28, 2007 (Central Valley, CA)

This camp is being held at the wonder valley ranch & resort outside Fresno, CA in the sierra nevada foothills. I went to the last one in 2005 and had a blast. This year is shaping up to be even better.

Instructors attending are:
    • Master Lee Wedlake
    • Ed Parker Jr.
    • Prof. Graham Lelliott
    • Prof. Steve White
    • Prof. Marty Zaninovich
    • Prof. Brian Hawkins
    • Prof. Diane Tanaka
    • Prof. Ingmar Johansson

For more information visit: http://www.glkenpo.com and click "Events"

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Wonder Valley Kenpo Camp May 25-28, 2007 (Central Valley, CA)

never been to this camp but hope to make it one day. i hear that it is an amazing event to attend and with a line up like that it will definitely be a great experience for all who attend. i have had the privelege of meeting all of the presenters except for three and have only heard great things about the others. who knows maybe my schedule will free up and i could attend but i am not holding my breath. best of luck on your event graham.
    later
    Jason Arnold
    CANADA
    Parker/Planas Lineage
    Presas/Hartman Arnis
    Hartsell/Irish JKD

Thanks

Damn, I used to live near there!
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Mr Wedlake always put a top notch class together for camps. Also, Mr. White , head of NECKF: my instructors instructor, is an awesome instructor. Very High energy brings a great Kenpo feel along with his intergration of Judo. An Ms. Tanaka is just a wonderful instructor. I'm sure all that attend will be filling up thier notebooks with information. I wish I caould be there.
    "Fear is the true opiate of combat."

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Talking Re: Wonder Valley Kenpo Camp May 25-28, 2007 (Central Valley, CA)

by the looks of things there is a 90% chance that i will be teaching at this camp is anybody from this forum going it should be an amazing time! i have never been but i am honored that Mr.Graham Lelliot has given me this opportunity to teach among these great instructor's. it will also be great to see my swedish brother ingmar again so soon,always a pleasure of my to work with my scandanavian family..
    hope to see you there!
    later
    Jason Arnold
    CANADA
    Parker/Planas Lineage
    Presas/Hartman Arnis
    Hartsell/Irish JKD

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

well it is confirmed i will be there! i bought my tickets yesterday and am really looking forwardto it.i have not been to cali since the internationals in 1990. is anybody else going from here?
    later
    Jason Arnold
    CANADA
    Parker/Planas Lineage
    Presas/Hartman Arnis
    Hartsell/Irish JKD

Thanks

I'm going to be there for Friday and Saturday.

Dian, last I heard, can't make it. I'm bummed about that. She's awesome.

I look forward to meeting any of you who are going.

And Mr. Wedlake is too cool for school.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong View Post
    I'm going to be there for Friday and Saturday.

Dian, last I heard, can't make it. I'm bummed about that. She's awesome.

I look forward to meeting any of you who are going.

And Mr. Wedlake is too cool for school.

--Amy
    Don't forget to take lots of pictures ... oh wait its Amy I am talking too ...
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

amy please introduce yourself to me at the camp i have read many posts of yours and it would be nice to finally meet you.
    i am teaching a lock flow class and kids as far as i know. i have not heard about dian not being there! that would be a bummer if that is the case she is an awesome person and great martial artist.
    later
    Jason Arnold
    CANADA
    Parker/Planas Lineage
    Presas/Hartman Arnis
    Hartsell/Irish JKD

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

This is great news! Jason, Amy, and anyone else who is going, I really look forward to meeting you all!

Thanks

I'm back from the camp. I was only able to go Friday and Saturday, so I'm sitting here on sunday wishing I was back at the camp!

It was great fun.

I did meet Jason Arnold and enjoyed meeting him very much. His lockflow class was a TON of fun and I now have some cool drills to bring back to my class and to just practice in general. He also makes some great practice knives, of which I am now a proud owner.

Ingmar is really great. I'm sure his seminar will be happening sometime today, which I'm bummed about missing. I timidly asked him for some help with form 5 and he graciously went through the whole thing with me. I knew I was missing some stuff, but wow, I didn't know how much!! I woke up early this morning to make notes before it seemed out of my brain.

Mr. Wedlake was great. I enjoyed his seminar and even more his company. He's very witting and amusing and of course, full of kenpo knowledge.

I finally met Steve LaBounty and found him to be great company. I look forward to seeing him teach at the Speakman camp in Vegas in a few weeks.

I went to Bryan Hawkins' seminar and that was a lot of fun as well. (Okay, it's kenpo so it's all fun, of course.) We did some drills and worked on the concept of 'simultaneous striking' and making each strike count. Coincidentally, that's what I've had my attention on the last couple of weeks.

I met Graham Lelliott and found him to be quite charming and an enjoyable teacher. He was the host of this event and did an excellent job.

I met some great guys from Australia as well as more local guys from Fresno. I saw a few people I'd met in Maryland and made lots of new friends.

I'm banged and bruised and happy as a clam. I think this camp is only held every other year, but you can bet that I will be there with bells on the next time it is and I'll be staying the whole weekend when I do!

--Amy

P.S. I didn't go nuts on the pictures this time because there was another gal, Sophia, who had a tremendous camera and was all over the place. I hope to connect with her to get some copies.
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

I also just came back from the camp and had a terrific time, especially because the day before I tested for and recieved my black belt. It was nice meeting everyone, such as Mrs. Amy and Mr. Jason. All of the instructors were great and everyone else was very friendly. I will definitely try going back in 2009, but will try not to embarrass myself as much in the karaoke and dancing(for all who were there to see how terrible I was, lol). It was a great deal of fun, and I definitely made some new friends there. I especially give my thanks to Mr. Wedlake, Mr. Arnold, Mr. Harris, Mr. Lelliot, Mr. Ingmar, and Mr. Smith for sitting on the panel for the grading before camp.

Eric Pochodzay

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

i just returned from the camp and had an amazing time there. i would really like to thank graham lelliot for letting me teach there,and thanks to his wife jaydean and son dustin for thier hospitatlity i had a great time. i would also like to say thanks to all who attended my classes,to be honest i was quite nervous about teaching the brown and black classes there because they were expecting mr steve white and ended up getting this little canadian guy not many knew but hopefully will remember now. it was a pleasure and an honour to be there and i walked away with many memories and will cherish them. i would also like to say thanks for the great conversations i had with amy,and coleman and the bros from pennsylvania and others. well i gotta go but i will post more later.
    later
    jason arnold
    CANADA
    Parker/Planas Lineage
    Presas/Hartman Arnis
    Hartsell/Irish JKD

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jaybacca72 For This Useful Post:

amylong (06-04-2007)

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Missed out on this and im gutterd.

My Insturctor Mr Harris went over along with Mr Le Duc (who graded to his 2nd Degree). Mr Lelliot used to train me back in Jersey CI along with Mr Smith

O well maybe in 2009 cant wait

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lqkenpo View Post
    Missed out on this and im gutterd.

My Insturctor Mr Harris went over along with Mr Le Duc (who graded to his 2nd Degree). Mr Lelliot used to train me back in Jersey CI along with Mr Smith

O well maybe in 2009 cant wait
    If you go in 2009, I'll meet you then. This is one camp I would definitely go to again. I don't know the last names of the people you mentioned, but I likely met them.

The people there were, of course, very friendly. I didn't know anyone (hardly) when I got there, but I left with quite a few new friends.

Jason's class was a lot of fun. I, personally, wasn't expecting Mr. White, so I was not at all disappointed. Even if I had been, I would've been most pleased. The seminar was a ton of fun and I've already brought home and shared what I learned.

--Amy

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

that's great to hear amy,and thanks for the support. once i show you what i know it isn't mine anymore so all the power to you. hell i even let people video tape i didn't care it's all about personalities.
    later
    Jason Arnold
    CANADA
    hopefully i will be teaching there again in 2009. but don't forget about the viking camp in 2008 may 16th-18th that camp will rock aswell.
    Parker/Planas Lineage
    Presas/Hartman Arnis
    Hartsell/Irish JKD

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jaybacca72 For This Useful Post:

amylong (06-05-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaybacca72 View Post
    hopefully i will be teaching there again in 2009. but don't forget about the viking camp in 2008 may 16th-18th that camp will rock aswell.
    I know that I'll be there. In Fresno in 2009, that is. I don't think I'll be hopping a plane to Sweden anytime soon. lol.

I suppose I could start talking to my husband about it now and maybe by then..... lol.

I'm still thinking no.

Take video.

Oh, and I've been working on 5. Still rough, but better. I'll probably post a five-in-progress in a few days.

--Amy

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links