Thread: Mr. Wedlake Promotion Seminar

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Default Mr. Wedlake Promotion Seminar

All, I would have posted yesterday, but I was just plain tired out once I got home from camp. Friday & Saturday was the New England Chinese Karate Federation camp at Dr. Len Brassard's Family Martial Arts Center in Fitchburg, Massachusetts.
    There were four instructors at the camp: Mr. Steve White, Mr. Zach Whitson, Ms. Dian Tanaka-Whitson and Mr. Lee Wedlake.
    Mr. & Ms. Whitson taught classes in Cacoy Doce Pares Escrima with single stick as well as empty hand training. Mr. Whitson instructed in his Counterpoint system using Five Swords as base technique to work from. Ms. Tanaka-Whitson did a class on feel / sense and at one point had us blindfolded while training close quarters with our partners. They were just awesome and some of the more friendly persons I've met at a seminar. I had the opportunity to speak with both one on one for a few minutes and they were incredible to speak with.
    Mr. Steve white did classes on opposite vs. reverse using short one as the base of discussion. For a newbie like me this was broiling my brain. However, I did get a ton of knowledge out his high energy style and teachings.
    Mr. Wedlake did a discussion on concussions and knockouts. Explaining differences in air knock outs and blood knockouts. Along with Mr White we worked the Sleeper technique in different ways showing the differences with blood and air chokes using this technique. Although I did not have this technique the two way I learned in class were very impressive. Mr Wedlake also spoke on thesis forms and thesis techniques. He encouraged us to work with a partner on developing our own techniques as long as we used the principles of Kenpo. It was just awesome to see what people were coming up with and demonstrating.
    Then, there was Mr. Wedlakes promotion ceremony to 9th Black. Mr. White along with Dr. Brassard, Mr. Peacock & Mr. Gaudette spoke about Mr Wedlake and shared email excepts from Kenpo seniors endorsing Mr Wedlake promotion to 9th. Mr White then Presented Mr Wedlake with an original rank certificate created for Mr Wedlake from Mr Ed Parker Jr. Mr Wedlake thanked everyone and spoke for a short time. Everyone then stood at attention and Mr Wedlake honored us with his first bow as 9th Black.
    The event was awesome and made me proud to be a Kenpoist and a member of NECKF. It was an event filled with energy and experiences I will never forget.
    To all the people the responded to my post regarding "Seminar Advice", I want to thank you for encouraging me to attend this event. Even though I was the one of the most junior students I had an awesome time and it was an event I would have regretted missing. It was an honor attending the event and I wish all of you would have been able to attend.

Best Regards

Chris

PS: Pictures to follow this week.
    "Fear is the true opiate of combat."

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

I am truely envious.

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Mr. Wedlake Promotion Seminar

Quote Originally Posted by jfarnsworth View Post
    I am truely envious.
    I had everyones words of encouragement with me while I was there. I wish all of you could have been ther training along with me.

Thanks

Can't wait to see the pictures.

What I wouldn't give to have infinite amounts of time and money to attend all the camps and seminars that were available. How nice it would be to fly around the country and visit friends, go to seminars, school opening, camps, etc.

Dang that would be great.

Instead, we have to settle for living vicariously through each other's experiences.

Sounds like you had a blast. I'm looking forward to meeting Mr. Wedlake in Florida.

Anyone else planning on going? (Sean Kelley's camp)

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong View Post
    Can't wait to see the pictures.

What I wouldn't give to have infinite amounts of time and money to attend all the camps and seminars that were available. How nice it would be to fly around the country and visit friends, go to seminars, school opening, camps, etc.

Dang that would be great.

Instead, we have to settle for living vicariously through each other's experiences.

Sounds like you had a blast. I'm looking forward to meeting Mr. Wedlake in Florida.

Anyone else planning on going? (Sean Kelley's camp)

--Amy
    We all would love to do this. However since we are here as a community I think our way is to share our experiences and knowledge with the rest of the members. We do this for those who cannot attend. I think we all keep each others words in our minds and share them with out brother and sisters in Kenpo.

You will love Mr Wedlake's seminar. I am sure you will gain as much if not more from Mr Wedlake as I.

Regards

Chris

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Here is the link to the NECKF webpage. There is only the group photo but there will be more photos later this week.

http://www.neckf.com/

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links