Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Camp that Wasn't

Thanks

Default The Camp that Wasn't

I'm back from the Tatum Vegas Camp that wasn't.

It actually turned out to be great. First of all, I got to see my girl, Camey, again. I have't seen her since last year and of course I've missed her. We had a great time.

On Friday., we ran into Mike Ilderton (from the UK) and Clyde. The first thing Clyde said to me was, "Yes, I'm mean and callous" or something to that affect. We got along okay after that.

Later, a bunch of kenpoists showed up around the convention area and we found a room and worked out for about an hour before we were booted out. One of the guys there, Brian Hoff, lived in Vegas, so we trekked over to his school to workout.

Clyde was being surprisingly helpful. He and I had a discussion about him being an ******* and I let him know that it's possible to teach kenpo without being one and that more people could hear what he has to say. He acted like he was ignoring everything I was saying, but still managed to suspend his ******* behavior for a few hours. (This is nothing I didn't tell him to his face.)

On Saturday night, Camey and I were sitting on a bench watching the strip, when Camey saw a guy with a Tatum shirt on. I jumped up and said hello and it turns out they are the two guys who were coming over from Chile. Pablo and Luis. They met us Sunday morning in the convention area and we worked out for about an hour. I had a great time sparring with both of them and hearing how things are in Chile.

Later on Sunday, I worked out with Jerry Katz, from the East Coast. He and I had a great time. We ran techniques and looked at the differences in the techniques. Twirling Hammers was different and I liked it. Hopefully, I got it on tape, then I'll share.

Overall, for a camp that wasn't, we had a really good kenpo weekend. Three days of working out. Several hours a day.

And again, surprisingly, Clyde was helpful and shared some interesting insights. I'll post some pictures in the gallery.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Thanks

Default Re: The Camp that Wasn't

yeaaa welcome back. your just making me more excited about Augest.. soooo jonesing for that.

I think I am going to start training with Mike Lambert next month after I get back from vacation.. should be a good time all in all.
    "Do you have any bactine? Some of this blood is mine."

"Dear Die-ary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

-JTHM

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Glad y'all had a great time. Maybe next year the camp won't be so expensive so that people will be able to attend.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Purple Belt
    Thanks

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Will be looking forward to hearing more this week at class. Glad you made it back safely. See ya soon!

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

We had a really really great time! I am still on cloud nine from seeing my girl Amy and having a great kenpo weekend even with it being the camp that wasn't.

Clyde was really so very helpful. We worked informally on proper catalysts for techniques and on family groupings among other things.
    -Camey

"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people? "

SUPPORT KENPOTALK:http://www.kenpotalk.com/forum/payments.php

Thanks

Glad you guys and gals had a good time. This Clyde guy seems..eh..interesting. I'm sure I'd like to meet him. Let's bring him back to the "board"!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael151
    Glad you guys and gals had a good time. This Clyde guy seems..eh..interesting. I'm sure I'd like to meet him. Let's bring him back to the "board"!
    I don't think so. If you wnt to converse with Clyde you can go to his forum.

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Amy and Camey I'm glad you had a great time in Vegas, I think any time you get a chance to learn from Clyde you should take it. Hopefully next years camp will be a go.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

I told you it would work out! I'm glad you had a great time and got to hang out with and train with your fellow Kenpoist from around the world. Way to turn something that was potentially a huge disappointment into a postive and fun experience. That's really great.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

clyde being helpful and knowlegeable? i am shocked, shocked!

if you want to converse with clyde, he checks in at kenponet.com every once in a while and his email is kenpoprofessor@msn.com.

he had his own forum for a while but it was infected with a virus and had to be taken down.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

He mentioned you and your wife when we visited. He thinks very highly of you both.

Quote Originally Posted by pete

if you want to converse with clyde, he checks in at kenponet.com every once in a while and his email is kenpoprofessor@msn.com.

he had his own forum for a while but it was infected with a virus and had to be taken down.
    -Camey

"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people? "

Thanks

Well I certainly was! He managed to not swear at anyone while we were working out and he even asked questions that didn't leave us feeling completely stupid. He made sure that I knew though, that despite the suspension of his normal behavior, it didn't change who he was (an A***). His words.

I was definitely shocked.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey

Thanks

I will be the first to admit Clyde is a very knowledgable guy, it his verbage that comes off harsh and makes it hard to deal with him online.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad
    I will be the first to admit Clyde is a very knowledgable guy, it his verbage that comes off harsh and makes it hard to deal with him online.
    Normally, it makes it just as hard to deal with him in person too. He was in a rare mood though and he decided not to be his regular self.

I was going to post a few clips, but naturally, I can't get the dvd to rip correctly. The universe doesn't seem to want me to show you guys a new form 5 or 6 clip. Ugh.

--Amy

Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong
    Normally, it makes it just as hard to deal with him in person too. He was in a rare mood though and he decided not to be his regular self.

I was going to post a few clips, but naturally, I can't get the dvd to rip correctly. The universe doesn't seem to want me to show you guys a new form 5 or 6 clip. Ugh.

--Amy
    Dang, what the heck got in to him?

Clyde is incredibly knowledgable but...good gawd, the volume. For a fellow that has accomplished as much as he has with his Kenpo...he presents himself as one seriously unhappy dude.

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lady_kaur
    Dang, what the heck got in to him?

Clyde is incredibly knowledgable but...good gawd, the volume. For a fellow that has accomplished as much as he has with his Kenpo...he presents himself as one seriously unhappy dude.
    Nah Clyde's just Clyde I love him he just says what he thinks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenposikh
    Nah Clyde's just Clyde I love him he just says what he thinks.

I tried to tell him that it's great that he says what he thinks, but if he could be a little less offensive in the delivery, he would be heard more.

There's no inbetween with him though and you always know where you stand. I gotta give him that for sure.

--Amy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

I can't imagine why anyone would hack Clyde's site.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Im glad you had fun Amy.
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

-Camey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links