Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BudoCamp 2012

Thanks
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,069 Posts

Thumbs up BudoCamp 2012

I can't believe it is that time again! in one month is Budo Camp 2012. see www.budocamponline.com

Held in Omaha, Nebraska, BudoCamp brings in teachers from around the country - including in past years Dr. Dave Crouch and this year, again, Dr. Ron "Doc" Chapel!

Also some really great teachers of Karate, Kyusho Jitsu, Jiu Jitsu, Kempo, Aikido and Systema.

So if you come to BudoCamp you will get to experience Kyusho jitsu (pressure point applications), Systema, and Sub Level 4 Kenpo all in ONE WEEKEND. I know all 3 of these topics stir up a lot of posts here on KT. So come to BudoCamp and get some first hand experience with them! (and lots more, like some live blade tamishigiri cutting, massage and accupressure therapy, and other stuff)

Meet KenpoTalk all-stars "Doc" and "Z-Rex" and "DavidCC"! Possibly even "Drew"!

It's a really great camp, ask Dave Crouch he'll tell you how much he enjoyed it - the spirit of sharing and ego-free zone... with hitting and joint-locking and stuff.
    -David C
    http://www.kungfubooksonline.com

"...while you guys are arguing, I'm on the grind."
    - an anonymous brick puncher

"If you don't ask the right questions, I can't give you the answers, and if you don't know the right question to ask, you're not ready for the answers"
    -Ed Parker Sr.

"For many a 'system' is just a bunch of techniques. It should be much, much more than that..."
    - Doc Chapel

Z-Rex is offline Zoran Sevic
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 607 Posts

Default Re: BudoCamp 2012

I'll be there. So far, bringing 4 others with me.
    God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak.
    Unfortunantly, he gave us 2 eyes and 10 fingers, which explains the problems we get on the internet.~Zoran

Zoran "Z-Rex" Sevic | My Facebook | My YouTube Channel | Where I Teach |
    Like a T-Rex with longer arms

Thanks

Who is teaching Systema?
    Unfortunantly, he gave us 2 eyes and 10 fingers, which explains the problems we get on the internet.~Zoran

Thanks

Sensei Niko Huffman

Aikido

Sensei Niko Huffman is a lifetime student of Budo, and is a firm believer in Bruce Lee’s philosophy of “Using no way as way, using no limitation as limitation – absorb what is useful, and reject what is useless for you”. He began studying Shorinji-Ryu Karate and Kobudo at the age of ten, achieving the rank of Shodan at the age of sixteen, and teaching as an assistant instructor for several years. After college, Niko traveled extensively for business, studying whatever arts were available wherever his travels took him, including Boxing, Kickboxing, Aikido, and Shotokan Karate. After settling in Arizona in 2001, Niko studied Aikido exclusively for some time, achieving a rank of Nidan in 2009. Niko currently studies primarily Kickboxing, Kyusho and Systema. He is a member of the Independent Aikido Alliance and Kyusho International, and is an Instructor-in-Training in Systema under Vladimir Vasiliev.

Sensei Chad Siebert

Systema

Chad Seibert has been training in the Martial Arts for 10 years and was recently promoted to 4th Degree Black Belt in RyuKyu Kempo and is a senior student under Grandmaster Gary Rooks. Chad also holds a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Maududo and during college founded the Miami University Self Defense Club. He has trained extensively in Kyusho since 1997 and has also studied tactical shooting as well beginning training in the Russian Martial Art of Systema in 2004. Additionally, Chad has also studied several healing and spiritual modalities in order to improve the mind-body-spirit connection and complement his Martial Arts.

I can't say enough good things about Chad - he was able to use some kind of pressure point technique on me that gave me the first (non-narcotic) relief I had from my chronic back pain in over 10 years. He pressed on my abdomen in a couple of places, I almost had an emotional breakdown in that moment (for no apparent reason), and the next day my back pain was GONE and it stayed gone for nearly a year... now 5 years later it is starting to be nagging again but nowhere near what it was.

-David C

"If you don't ask the right questions, I can't give you the answers, and if you don't know the right question to ask, you're not ready for the answers"
    -Ed Parker Sr.

"For many a 'system' is just a bunch of techniques. It should be much, much more than that..."
    - Doc Chapel

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DavidCC For This Useful Post:

Z-Rex (08-23-2012)

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,174 Times in 5,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCC View Post
    I can't believe it is that time again! in one month is Budo Camp 2012. see www.budocamponline.com

Held in Omaha, Nebraska, BudoCamp brings in teachers from around the country - including in past years Dr. Dave Crouch and this year, again, Dr. Ron "Doc" Chapel!

Also some really great teachers of Karate, Kyusho Jitsu, Jiu Jitsu, Kempo, Aikido and Systema.

So if you come to BudoCamp you will get to experience Kyusho jitsu (pressure point applications), Systema, and Sub Level 4 Kenpo all in ONE WEEKEND. I know all 3 of these topics stir up a lot of posts here on KT. So come to BudoCamp and get some first hand experience with them! (and lots more, like some live blade tamishigiri cutting, massage and accupressure therapy, and other stuff)

Meet KenpoTalk all-stars "Doc" and "Z-Rex" and "DavidCC"! Possibly even "Drew"!

It's a really great camp, ask Dave Crouch he'll tell you how much he enjoyed it - the spirit of sharing and ego-free zone... with hitting and joint-locking and stuff.
    "SubLevel 4 Kenpo."
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens." - Ed Parker Sr.

"It's much easier to quote, than to know." - Ron Chapél

www.MSUACF.com

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

DavidCC (08-24-2012),Dr. Dave in da house (08-23-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,913 Times in 2,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    "SubLevel 4 Kenpo."
    Yeah David, what the hell is wrong with you?
    "To be, rather than to seem"

"Fix your rear foot ... What the hell is wrong with you?"

"...I already watched the videos, and quite frankly, they're bullsh*t."

Thanks

yeah but my feet were in a perfect stance while I typed that.
    -David C

-Ed Parker Sr.

- Doc Chapel

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DavidCC For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dave in da house (08-25-2012),Drew (08-24-2012),jdinca (08-24-2012),MarkC (08-24-2012)

Thanks

Well then, you'll be okay.

Thanks

Got back last night from the camp at around 3:00 am. Good group of people and good seminars at the camp that included SL4, Shaolin Kempo, Systema, Aikido, CMA, and BJJ. I came this year with 4 other Kenpo practitioners. 3 from the Tom Saviano's White Tiger Kenpo school (1 green, 2 browns) and 1 Parker Kenpo 2nd Black. We were made to feel very welcome by the locals. It was good to see Shawn Steiner and David Carnley (again congrats my friend) as well as the others I met last year (mostly from the Steiner Academy).

Doc had our group, and a few others that had the stamina, for hours after dinner. These sessions lasted past 2:00 am both on Friday and Saturday night. Those that never met Doc and only know him here really have no clue on what you are missing or the true measure of the man. This man spent hours training us and sharing knowledge, not for money, but for the passion of passing on knowledge to others. Although you have heard words such as, commercial, motion, concept based, and etc., that often made people feel as if he is is looking down on other kenpo, it really is not the case. All he really wants is for people to learn principles that they may not have, not to convert you to an SL4 drone or to collect followers (as some think). but to give for the sake of keeping knowledge alive.

All in all, a wonderful time!

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Z-Rex For This Useful Post:

DavidCC (09-25-2012),Doc (09-25-2012),jdinca (09-25-2012),John Brewer (09-25-2012),MarkC (09-24-2012),mknittel (09-24-2012),punkmonkey (09-24-2012),Thesemindz (09-25-2012)

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Rex View Post
    Got back last night from the camp at around 3:00 am. Good group of people and good seminars at the camp that included SL4, Shaolin Kempo, Systema, Aikido, CMA, and BJJ. I came this year with 4 other Kenpo practitioners. 3 from the Tom Saviano's White Tiger Kenpo school (1 green, 2 browns) and 1 Parker Kenpo 2nd Black. We were made to feel very welcome by the locals. It was good to see Shawn Steiner and David Carnley (again congrats my friend) as well as the others I met last year (mostly from the Steiner Academy).

Doc had our group, and a few others that had the stamina, for hours after dinner. These sessions lasted past 2:00 am both on Friday and Saturday night. Those that never met Doc and only know him here really have no clue on what you are missing or the true measure of the man. This man spent hours training us and sharing knowledge, not for money, but for the passion of passing on knowledge to others. Although you have heard words such as, commercial, motion, concept based, and etc., that often made people feel as if he is is looking down on other kenpo, it really is not the case. All he really wants is for people to learn principles that they may not have, not to convert you to an SL4 drone or to collect followers (as some think). but to give for the sake of keeping knowledge alive.

Fix your dam rear foot.
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

www.MSUACF.com

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

MarkC (09-24-2012),Z-Rex (09-24-2012)

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Fix your dam rear foot.
    We should make a poster of that quote to give out at seminars and classes. Or make stickers to put them on those that don't fix their rear foot!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to profesormental For This Useful Post:

MarkC (09-25-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by profesormental View Post
    Or make stickers to put them on those that don't fix their rear foot!
    You would quickly run out of stickers.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Z-Rex For This Useful Post:

MarkC (09-25-2012)

Thanks

Thanks Zoran, it was good to see you, and thanks for bringing down those bad-asses from Chicago! With a daughter moving to Chicago soon, I am happy to know some guys there who can kick some ass if needed LOL. I am always excited at the start of budocamp, but glad when it is over LOL I was mentally and physically a wreck even yesterday (Monday).

Doc just never stops... it was 3:30am before I got off the floor on Saturday. But that switch from Poppa Bear to Drill Instructor can be shocking!

http://youtu.be/avVA1O_5mgo
    Last edited by DavidCC; 09-25-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    -David C

-Ed Parker Sr.

- Doc Chapel

21. The Following User Says Thank You to DavidCC For This Useful Post:

Z-Rex (09-26-2012)

Thanks

Thanks Zoran, it was good to see you, and thanks for bringing down those bad-asses from Chicago! With a daughter moving to Chicago soon, I am happy to know some guys there who can kick some ass if needed LOL.
    I enjoyed watching the instructor's trying to hit them on the pressure points, especially Vince and Dave. I knew there would be no to only a little effect on them, besides that look in their eye I have come to know and love. Of course then there is Pedro (now we call him Seymour), that is one big dude.

Doc just never stops... it was 3:30am before I got off the floor on Saturday. But that switch from Poppa Bear to Drill Instructor can be shocking!
    Yep, my guys were in shock. Even after I warned them about it. The next mourning they had that look you get right after you get B-slapped across the face.

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

I enjoyed watching the instructor's trying to hit them on the pressure points, especially Vince and Dave. I knew there would be no to only a little effect on them, besides that look in their eye I have come to know and love. Of course then there is Pedro (now we call him Seymour), that is one big dude.

Yep, my guys were in shock. Even after I warned them about it. The next mourning they had that look you get right after you get B-slapped across the face.
    IS THAT WHY THEY STARTED CALLING ME "MORPHEUS?"

"I am Gunnery Sgt. Chapél your senior drill instructor, I am hard by I am fair. Because I am hard you will not like me!"

IMG_0638.jpg

www.MSUACF.com

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Z-Rex (09-26-2012)

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

It was good to see you and the "Chicago Mob" you brought with you. A truly great bunch of guys who are eager to learn. I know they were because they were still there at 3 in the morning with me yelling at them, (and you). Still I wish we had more time. Never been to Chicago, and I don't know how many trips I have left in me.

www.MSUACF.com

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Z-Rex (09-26-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    IS THAT WHY THEY STARTED CALLING ME "MORPHEUS?"

"I am Gunnery Sgt. Chapél your senior drill instructor, I am hard by I am fair. Because I am hard you will not like me!"

IMG_0638.jpg
    Took the Deputy with you, huh?

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Took the Deputy with you, huh?
    Yeah, they started calling him "Neo." Deputy Viera was filling in for new father Ryan Angell. The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is doing a story on the trip for the "Star News." Not only did a bunch come down from Chicago, but I had a SWAT Canine guy drive down from Missouri, and we made a new friend.

www.MSUACF.com

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

MarkC (09-25-2012)

Thanks

I'll be glad when Ryan decides to bring his family up here to visit his parents again. And of course, I hope when he does he teaches another seminar in the area. Or in my backyard.

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I'll be glad when Ryan decides to bring his family up here to visit his parents again. And of course, I hope when he does he teaches another seminar in the area. Or in my backyard.
    He's pretty busy. He's only been in once since we moved the school earlier this year.

www.MSUACF.com

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

MarkC (09-25-2012)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links