Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BudoCamp 2012

Thanks
    Thanked 3,914 Times in 2,207 Posts

Default Re: BudoCamp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    He's pretty busy. He's only been in once since we moved the school earlier this year.
    Speaking of that, a certain beautiful hula dancing kenpo lady was asking about the new location. Could be she wants to come see you.
    "To be, rather than to seem"

"Fix your rear foot ... What the hell is wrong with you?"

"...I already watched the videos, and quite frankly, they're bullsh*t."

Z-Rex is offline Zoran Sevic
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 607 Posts

IS THAT WHY THEY STARTED CALLING ME "MORPHEUS?"

"I am Gunnery Sgt. Chapél your senior drill instructor, I am hard by I am fair. Because I am hard you will not like me!"

Attachment 2515
    You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill.
    God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak.
    Unfortunantly, he gave us 2 eyes and 10 fingers, which explains the problems we get on the internet.~Zoran

Zoran "Z-Rex" Sevic | My Facebook | My YouTube Channel | Where I Teach |
    Like a T-Rex with longer arms

Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,069 Posts

I swallowed that pill so long ago, that now I just called Doc Morpheus because of the sunglasses and "haircut". I kindof had forgotten about how mind-changing it can be when you get a dose of SL-4.
    -David C
    http://www.kungfubooksonline.com

"...while you guys are arguing, I'm on the grind."
    - an anonymous brick puncher

"If you don't ask the right questions, I can't give you the answers, and if you don't know the right question to ask, you're not ready for the answers"
    -Ed Parker Sr.

"For many a 'system' is just a bunch of techniques. It should be much, much more than that..."
    - Doc Chapel

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DavidCC For This Useful Post:

MarkC (09-26-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Rex View Post
    The next mourning they had that look you get right after you get B-slapped across the face.
    ROFL Yes we all did but you could tell they liked it!

every time he says "Virgin Mary" think "Kicking Set"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHAztO39Th0
    Last edited by DavidCC; 09-26-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    -David C

"If you don't ask the right questions, I can't give you the answers, and if you don't know the right question to ask, you're not ready for the answers"
    -Ed Parker Sr.

"For many a 'system' is just a bunch of techniques. It should be much, much more than that..."
    - Doc Chapel

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,257 Times in 5,294 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Speaking of that, a certain beautiful hula dancing kenpo lady was asking about the new location. Could be she wants to come see you.
    When she is ready to actually train, we'll talk. I got no time for lookieloos.
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens." - Ed Parker Sr.

"It's much easier to quote, than to know." - Ron Chapél

www.MSUACF.com

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill.
    Funny. Seriously though I never met a better bunch of guys, especially my man Z-Rex. Keep in mind all of you guys have an extensive background, especially you. Now to come in and humble yourself and be taught like a beginner reveals the true measure of a man. For you, like myself, it's about the art. Not egos or rank or status. When you take the cumulative years of experience of the group, and then realize we spent time hours on "how" to throw a front kick and roundhouse from the rear, and also realize most couldn't do it and got frustrated, then true character is revealed. Although you weren't one of the guys that struggled so much with the proper mechanics, the others I literally sat down bounced back with the same enthusiasm. No egos, they just wanted to learn. Now that I can work with, and I commend these guys and you for such a directed effort. Especially "Seymour" who never let go and pushed through. After all an eight hour class is tough on everyone.
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

www.MSUACF.com

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

John Brewer (09-27-2012),Z-Rex (09-26-2012)

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCC View Post

Not once did I call anyone "snowball."

www.MSUACF.com

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dave in da house (09-26-2012)

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

It was good to see you "Big D" and get that whole belt thing squared away. What I saw looked good but I really needed more time to work on stuff. We got to get this done.

www.MSUACF.com

Thanks

When she is ready to actually train, we'll talk. I got no time for lookieloos.
    I hear you, sir, and I'll pass that along.

Thanks

It was good to see you "Big D" and get that whole belt thing squared away. What I saw looked good but I really needed more time to work on stuff. We got to get this done.
    Working out an LA trip with the Boss. She owes me big time, she's been to Cali twice since last time I was out. My turn!

I figured out why I was flaring that vertical block. So please tell Armando he can relax, I'll stop doing that now.
    -David C

-Ed Parker Sr.

- Doc Chapel

Thanks

Funny. Seriously though I never met a better bunch of guys, especially my man Z-Rex. Keep in mind all of you guys have an extensive background, especially you. Now to come in and humble yourself and be taught like a beginner reveals the true measure of a man. For you, like myself, it's about the art. Not egos or rank or status. When you take the cumulative years of experience of the group, and then realize we spent time hours on "how" to throw a front kick and roundhouse from the rear, and also realize most couldn't do it and got frustrated, then true character is revealed. Although you weren't one of the guys that struggled so much with the proper mechanics, the others I literally sat down bounced back with the same enthusiasm. No egos, they just wanted to learn. Now that I can work with, and I commend these guys and you for such a directed effort. Especially "Seymour" who never let go and pushed through. After all an eight hour class is tough on everyone.
    Thanks, I will pass this along to the crew.
    Unfortunantly, he gave us 2 eyes and 10 fingers, which explains the problems we get on the internet.~Zoran

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

Working out an LA trip with the Boss. She owes me big time, she's been to Cali twice since last time I was out. My turn!

I figured out why I was flaring that vertical block. So please tell Armando he can relax, I'll stop doing that now.
    In any discussion with your wife regarding a trip to L.A. please use my name sparingly. You, like myself, have too many women in your house and the Estrogen Mafia do indeed communicate with each other. Anyway that "flair" of the vertical block is typical as to how most execute it. It is essentially Japanese Okinawan in origin and the way they execute it, it makes for a more practical application in their philosophy, but not from the CHinese Perspective that utilizes it at a different height zone, and purpose.

www.MSUACF.com

Thanks

In any discussion with your wife regarding a trip to L.A. please use my name sparingly. You, like myself, have too many women in your house and the Estrogen Mafia do indeed communicate with each other. Anyway that "flair" of the vertical block is typical as to how most execute it. It is essentially Japanese Okinawan in origin and the way they execute it, it makes for a more practical application in their philosophy, but not from the CHinese Perspective that utilizes it at a different height zone, and purpose.
    See, now I gotta bug somebody and understand what you're talking about and make sure I'm not doing it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MarkC For This Useful Post:

Doc (10-20-2012)

Thanks

my issue is (strike that - "issue was") that I am moving my hand from its point of origin in front of my centerline directly to the vertical outward block position, and not actually executing a vertical thrusting block (punch at the ceiling).

I def. get what you are saying about the Japanese application, not being a block at all -
    I took a seminar with a very tough Issinryu teacher, and just doing the "left inward block right punch" he actually: punched me in the left bicep, back-fisted me in the solar plexus, back-fisted me in the right bicep, and then punched me in the solar plexus. Then I responded by striking the floor with my ass.
    -David C

-Ed Parker Sr.

- Doc Chapel

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DavidCC For This Useful Post:

Doc (10-20-2012),Kenposoldier01 (08-28-2013)

Thanks

i gotta get out there one of these days looks like lots of fun, and by fun, i mean pain and humility. and by pain and humility i mean fun
    Brian Sheets
    VKKSI Kenpo 1st Black

Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it." ~ Unknown
    "Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting, but never hit soft." Theodore Roosevelt

21. The Following User Says Thank You to madeku For This Useful Post:

Doc (10-20-2012)

Thanks

BUDOCAMP 2013!

Just about a month away

www.budocamponline.com

This year, Doc can't make it, but he is sending Ryan Angell! Ryan has been a student of Doc's for over 20 years, and is an incredible teacher. He's taught at Budocamp before, and we're looking forward to having him back again. If you're planning to come to BC to get a taste of SL4 Kenpo, don't be disappointed AT ALL! Get To Omaha!

Doc Chapel has said - "Nobody understands the philosophy and methods {of SubLevel Kenpo} better than Ryan Angell"
    -David C

-Ed Parker Sr.

- Doc Chapel

23. The Following User Says Thank You to DavidCC For This Useful Post:

MarkC (08-23-2013)

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

BUDOCAMP 2013!

Just about a month away

www.budocamponline.com

This year, Doc can't make it, but he is sending Ryan Angell! Ryan has been a student of Doc's for over 20 years, and is an incredible teacher. He's taught at Budocamp before, and we're looking forward to having him back again. If you're planning to come to BC to get a taste of SL4 Kenpo, don't be disappointed AT ALL! Get To Omaha!

Doc Chapel has said - "Nobody understands the philosophy and methods {of SubLevel Kenpo} better than Ryan Angell"
    Add Bode to that list.

www.MSUACF.com

Thanks

BUDOCAMP 2013!

Just about a month away

www.budocamponline.com

Won't be able to make it this years. Working with the boss on getting out to California in march so I can have my old a$$ beat.

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

Won't be able to make it this years. Working with the boss on getting out to California in march so I can have my old a$$ beat.
    That's going to be a hoot. Guaranteed a super learning experience. Let me know if you have any recommendations from among your group. I don't want anyone that cannot actually benefit from the training. Nobody has money to waste. Juan from Puerto Rico, and Dominic from Japan will be here on the 12th to train for a week. Possibly Andrew from Ohio as well. The guys are loving it and its real world applications. Looking at the end of February first of March like this year.

www.MSUACF.com

Thanks

That's going to be a hoot. Guaranteed a super learning experience. Let me know if you have any recommendations from among your group. I don't want anyone that cannot actually benefit from the training. Nobody has money to waste. Juan from Puerto Rico, and Dominic from Japan will be here on the 12th to train for a week. Possibly Andrew from Ohio as well. The guys are loving it and its real world applications. Looking at the end of February first of March like this year.
    Vince has been bugging me about it. I say you base that decision on how he did last year.

When you get the date locked in, could you contact me. I want to get the tickets soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links