Thread: 6th Annual Bob White Invitational - March 26, 2011

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

Default 6th Annual Bob White Invitational - March 26, 2011

Dear friends and fellow Martial Artists,
    On Saturday March 26, 2011 Bob White's Karate Studio will proudly present the 6th Annual Bob White Invitational. All net proceeds from this event will be donated to the Royal Family Kids Camp of Newport Mesa. The RFKC has completed over 25 years of providing a free week of summer camp for children, ages 7 to 11, who have come from group homes and foster homes in Southern California. All of these children have been removed from their biological parents and placed under the auspices of the Orange County Social Services Department due to physical, sexual, or emotional abuse. More information on the RFKC can be found on www.rfkc.org
    Over the last 5 years the martial arts community has come together to allow us to donate over $200,000 in support of the RFKC. We have helped hundreds of abused and abandoned kids have moments of peace fun and safety that they never dreamt of.
    We have moved our 2011 tournament to a new location. The 2011 BWI will be held at Huntington Beach High School on Main Street in downtown HB. Our guests will be able to enjoy the weekend and take advantage of the sights of “Surf City USA”.
    Thank you for all of your support and we look forward to a great event.
    For the kids,
    Vishal Shukla
    Tournament Director
    http://bobwhiteinvitational.com/index.html
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,274 Posts

Default Re: 6th Annual Bob White Invitational - March 26, 2011

This is currently one of the few Kenpo events I support.
    I can not say enough about Bob White, and his entire group of people. They do an excellent job putting this tournament together, inviting martial artists and non martial artists of all styles and types.
    They spend untold hours and money making sure that the participants, spectators, dignitaries, and volunteers have a great time, and everything goes towards a great cause.
    I cant explain in words how much appreciation I have for these guys for what they do.
    If you can only do one event in martial arts per year, I would recommend this over any specific seminar or camp series.
    I think you will get alot more from this experience.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckyKBoxer For This Useful Post:

Bob Hubbard (12-01-2010),Mac (12-01-2010)

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: 6th Annual Bob White Invitational - March 26, 2011

Thank you Bob and David. This event has grown into something we, the entire Kenpo community, can be very proud of.

Once again the Bob White Invitational will include an auction to raise funds for the Royal Family Kids Camp http://www.rfkc.org). On Friday March 25, we will have a live auction of selected items at our Welcome Banquet http://www.bobwhiteinvitational.com/banquet.html). On Saturday March 26 will have a silent auction at the Tournament.

Over the past few years the auction has helped raise thousands of dollars for the RFKC and people have got some great deals on some incredible items.

Many great Kenpo leaders have donated items to the auction in the past. This includes friends like Mike Pick, Ted Sumner, Tom Bleecker, Rich Hale, Wes Idol, Bill Piper, Brad Billings and others. If anybody has anything they want to donate (donations are tax deductible through the RFKC), please email me at vishal@bwkenpo.com and I'll pass the information on to our auction coordinator.

Thanks to all of you who have helped support this great cause over the last few years. We have collectively made a difference in the lives of a lot of abused and abandoned children.

For the kids,
    Vishal Shukla
    http://www.bobwhiteinvitational.com
    Tournament Director

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default 100 days until the Bob White Invitational - News and Updates

I know many of you get our monthly Bob White Invitational Newsletter, but the good news comes in so fast I wanted to post an update.
    Fundraiser at Malibu Fish Grill
    For those of you in the area, we will be having a fundraiser tonight (12/16) at the Malibu Fish Grill in Huntington Beach (on Beach and Talbert). Go to Malibu Fish Grill anytime on December 16th and mention Bob White's Karate Studio or Royal Family Kid's Camp and 15% of your dine-in or take out order will benefit the 6th Annual Bob White Invitational for RFKC. And to boot, Malibu Fish Grill will give each diner a free admission to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach!
    PLEASE pass this amazing deal on to your friends and family, anyone can join as long as they mention the studio. It's a fun and easy way to raise money for the most deserving children. Thank you in advance for your participation and generosity.
    Special Seminar with Paul Dye
    One of Kenpo’s finest, Paul Dye, will be teaching a seminar at Bob White’s Karate Studio on Feb. 5 from 1-3 PM PST. Mr. Dye has generously offered to donate all proceeds from this seminar ($25 entry investment) to the RFKC. Come down and have some fun while helping a good cause!
    Welcome Banquet
    People are quickly taking advantage of online registration available through our website and tables are being purchased. Purchase your tickets early while they are available. He who hesitates will meditate on his couch while the others are at the banquet and enjoying themselves. (http://www.bobwhiteinvitational.com/banquet.html)
    More information is coming soon. We are getting great support from the Martial Arts community. It seems like we get a note everyday from somebody who wants to help or plans on attending. Thank you for all your support of the Royal Family Kids Camp http://www.rfkc.org
    If you have any questions or ideas on how to support the tournament, please email me at vishal@bwkenpo.com

For the kids,
    Vishal Shukla
    Tournament Director
    http://www.bobwhiteinvitational.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vshukla For This Useful Post:

Bob Hubbard (12-16-2010)

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default How to make 2011 a year to remember - The Bob White Invitational

As we start a New Year, it is only natural that we look back at the past year. We smile at happy memories and resolve to put our disappointments behind us. We look forward with excitement to 2011 and hope that a new year brings good fortune to us, our friends and our families.

Unfortunately it is a sad fact of life that for many, thoughts of a new year bring only dread and fear. For children who have been abused and hurt by people that were supposed to care for them, a new year is just another year with the prospect of pain.
    Together we can make a difference. We can put all the egos and politics aside to help abused kids start building positive memories.

Bob White’s Karate Studio (BWKS) is proud to host its Sixth Annual Youth Karate Tournament on Saturday March 26, 2011. Details can be found on http://www.bobwhiteinvitational.com.

All net proceeds from this event will be donated to benefit the Royal Family Kids Camp of Newport Mesa. RFKC has completed over 25 years of providing a free week of summer camp for children, ages 7 to 11, who have come from group homes and foster homes in Southern California. More information about the RFKC can be found at http://www.rfkc.org

Over the past 5 years, through the generosity of our sponsors, competitors and volunteers, BWKS has been proud to support RFKC by donating $211,000. These donations have allowed hundreds of abused and abandonded kids to attend the annual summer camp.

We need your help. If you are interested in being a sponsor for this event, please visit http://www.bobwhiteinvitational.com.

We have a promotional video up that describes the event and the benefits we can provide to the kids. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIceDL6yM5M

This is not about ego or telling everybody how great BWKS is. The team at BWKS makes no money and gets no benefit from their work other than knowing that we are trying to do the right thing. I am very proud to be part of the BWI and hope that you will as well.

Regards,
    Vishal Shukla
    Bob White Invitational Tournament Director

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vshukla For This Useful Post:

John Brewer (01-01-2011),KenpoMD (01-18-2011)

KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: How to make 2011 a year to remember - The Bob White Invitational

I just signed up for the banquet. I am really looking forward to it. I've heard great things, but never made it myself. Does anybody know what time the banquet gets started?
    Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
    -
    Ludwig van Beethoven

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoMD View Post
    I just signed up for the banquet. I am really looking forward to it. I've heard great things, but never made it myself. Does anybody know what time the banquet gets started?
    Show up at about 6:00 for cocktails and socializing. The opening speech (by yours truly) will be at 7:00. It should be a great evening with an amazing collection of Martial Arts talent. I suggest you bring a camera and (if you have one) a copy of "The Journey" for autographs.

We just got news that the one and only "Benny the Jet" will be in attendance as well. The good news just keeps coming!.
    For the kids,
    Vishal

11. The Following User Says Thank You to vshukla For This Useful Post:

KenpoMD (01-19-2011)

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Even though many of you have seen the January Bob White Invitational Newsletter, the updates come in fast and we have a lot of great updates to share with you.

Check out our video featuring Bob White, John Sepulveda and Eddie Downey
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIceDL6yM5M

Special Seminar with Mr. Paul Dye to Help Raise Funds for the RFKC

9th Degree Black Belt Paul Dye will be teaching a seminar at Bob White's Karate Studio on February 5, 2011 from 1-3 PM. There is a minimal investment of $25 to attend. All proceeds from this seminar will be donated to the Royal Family Kids Camp. Mr. Dye is one of the finest teachers in Kenpo. Don't miss this great opportunity!

Banquet Tickets are going fast

The BWI Welcome Banquet will be on Friday 3/25 at 6 PM. The event will be held at the Seacliff Country Club in Huntington Beach. Tickets are going fast and we have a limit of 250 guests. If you are planning on attending, get your tickets early. Last year we had to turn people away at the door because we were sold out. Information and the ability to buy tickets online can be found at http://www.bobwhiteinvitational.com/banquet.html

Win a Trip to Ireland

As part of the Annual Bob White Invitational we will raffle a chance to attend the 2011 European Kenpo Camp in Ireland. Hosted and donated by Professor Ed Downey, this is a great event featuring world class teachers such as John Sepulveda, Sigung Steve LaBounty, Bob White and Jeff Newton. The event will be held at the Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa and Country Club, County Carlow, Ireland.
    See http://www.bobwhiteinvitational.com/ireland.html for information on how to buy tickets

Every day we get news of more great martial artists who will be attending the banquet and tournament. Just this week we received confirmation that the one and only Benny “The Jet” Urquidez will be joining us!

All net proceeds from the banquet and tournament will be donated to the Royal Family Kids Camp. Please visit http://www.bobwhiteinvitational.com/index.html for more information!

For the kids,
    Vishal Shukla
    Tournament Director

John Brewer is offline Starting Over
    Thanks

I was lucky enough to attend last years dinner and it was great! The number of Kenpo seniors there was incredible and the items up for auction were top notch. Thanks Mr. Shukla and the BWKS for this event.

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default The Bob White Invitational Welcome Banquet is SOLD OUT!

The Welcome Banquet for the Bob White Invitational is officially and completely sold out. We have 250 confirmed guests and it should be a great evening.

For those of you who are still interested in attending the tournament the next day, there is no admission fee for spectators.

Thanks to all of you for your support of the BWI and the Royal Family Kids Camp.

For the kids,
    Vishal Shukla
    Tournament Director

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default The Bob White Invitational Program Book

This year the Bob White Invitational Tournament will have a Program Book. If you would like to advertise in the program book, please send an email to bobwhiteinvitational@gmail.com or Vishal@bwkenpo.com.

The advertisements can be business or family related.

Advertise your business, send a message to a friend, student or family, or publicize your studio and help us raise additional funds for the Royal Family Kids Camp.

All submissions including artwork need to be submitted by 3/15/11.

For the kids,
    Vishal Shukla
    Tournament Director

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Bob White Invitational Banquet DVD - See the highlights here!

For those of you who have inquired about purchasing a copy of the Bob White Invitational DVD, we have it completed and you can order it at http://www.bobwhiteinvitational.com/banquetdvd.html

If you already ordered, we will ship it out right away now that it is done.

The DVD features comments from many Kenpo greats such as Bob White, Steve LaBounty, John Sepulvda, Eddie Downey, Chuck Sullivan, Gilbert Velez and others. Take a look at some of the crowd shots and see who you recognize!

The DVD also features comments on the RFKC, an amazing demo from the Nihon Karate Dojo and Andy Hill's (http://www.andyhillspeaks.com) presentation. To me, Andy's presentation is worth the price of the DVD. He was incredible and I have watched it several times already.

All proceeds from the DVD will be donated to the Royal Family Kids Camp. If you attended and want to relive this incredible evening or if you want to see what you missed, here is your chance.

Highlights from the DVD can be seen here

For the kids,
    Vishal

17. The Following User Says Thank You to vshukla For This Useful Post:

John Brewer (04-27-2011)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links